blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 08:08:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2229726 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: June 11, 2016, 07:18:55 PM »

To be brutally honest Doubleup and MintTrav are about as useful to the remain campaign as Eddie Izzard.  Doubleup squeals of concentration camps if the issue of organised European crime is brought up and Mint thinks his below par local curry house is empty because everyone is staying home cowering at the outcome of the EU referendum.

Get a grip.

I was discussing the issues.  I made a perfectly civil post comparing the present job market with the brexit job market and pointing out that it couldn't possibly "optimise the output of our country and max the GDP."

Argueboy hijacked that post and started rabbiting on about foreign criminals and Kmac-lite jumped in with Albanian child prostitution.

Anyway this thread is pointless so gl

I made a perfectly civil post adding in the part of the EU 'workforce' that also arrives to perform their criminal activities on mass scale around the big UK cities alongside the skilled/unskilled legit workers you stated.   Not sure how i hijacked your post and how my point isn't relevant?

That is just prejudiced thinking though.  People read about Romanian gangs in the Mail and assume it is a common problem

The rate of criminality amongst immigrants is no higher than in the general population.  It is actually lower amongst the recent EU migrants.  The rate of benefit claiming is also significantly lower amongst the recent EU immigrants before we start that one too.  

The proportion of NHS staff born overseas is higher than in the general population too, so rather than strain resources, immigration alleviates the strain on resources.

Doobs do you have stats showing Romanian immigrants have a lower arrest incidence that he general population?  Pretty sure you're talking garbage on this one given the stats I have seen.

Where did I make that claim?  Please don't accuse me of talking garbage again.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: June 11, 2016, 07:23:16 PM »

You accused Arb of prejudiced thinking when he talking of Romanians. You then started your post with reference to Romanian gangs in the Mail.  You then attempted to use stats for ALL eu immigrants to back up your point. 

You're being dishonest with your stats pure and simple.

Like I said garbage.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: June 11, 2016, 07:26:34 PM »

I have never mentioned Romania at any stage in any post.  Does anyone actually read what i actually type? 
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: June 11, 2016, 07:31:59 PM »

I have never mentioned Romania at any stage in any post.  Does anyone actually read what i actually type? 

Haha fair enough it was Pokerbroker.  I'm retiring for the evening.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: June 11, 2016, 07:36:46 PM »

Ofcourse leave voters have an outside bias right?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: June 11, 2016, 07:39:08 PM »

Same.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: June 11, 2016, 07:39:16 PM »

Or what I type?  

It was just an example.  There is a small problem with Romanian gangs that is blown up out of all proportion, and used to paint an inaccurate picture of the average immigrant who comes here to work.  

The problem existed before they had a right to work here, so it isn't going away if we do remove the right of Romanians to work here.

Fwiw 0.7% of the prison population is Romanian.    

The stats i used in my post are entirely accurate to the best of my knowledge.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: June 11, 2016, 07:39:27 PM »

Romanian/Albanian migrants in part of Glasgow are involved in all sorts of crmes.  Not to say that the locals aren't.  

FWIW as stated I am not anti migration at all, but I do believe that an open door policy isn't working.  

The thing is, the poor migrants are dumped into poor housing schemes that are already over populated and lacking resources, this in turn causes the locals to turn again them and in part is making them sound like uneducated racists when they are frustrated.  This happens across the UK.  
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: June 11, 2016, 07:40:59 PM »

Or what I type?  

It was just an example.  There is a small problem with Romanian gangs that is blown up out of all proportion, and used to paint an inaccurate picture of the average immigrant who comes here to work.  

The problem existed before they had a right to work here, so it isn't going away if we do remove the right of Romanians to work here.

What % gen pop is romanian?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: June 11, 2016, 07:43:26 PM »

Or what I type?  

What % gen pop is romanian?

Let me Google that for you?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: June 11, 2016, 07:53:22 PM »

Go on adultwork.com and try and find a UK girl on there compared to 10 years ago!  There are really simple ways to find out the scale of Eastern European invasion into the UK 'black economy' from high scale, professionally run criminal gangs.  Official stats show fuck all they have no idea how many people are actually in the UK and from which countries.  Get on the street level where the shit really happens like KMac said.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 07:56:25 PM by arbboy » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: June 11, 2016, 08:06:44 PM »

Go on adultwork.com and try and find a UK girl on there compared to 10 years ago!  There are really simple ways to find out the scale of Eastern European invasion into the UK 'black economy' from high scale, professionally run criminal gangs.  Official stats show fuck all they have no idea how many people are actually in the UK and from which countries.  Get on the street level where the shit really happens like KMac said.

And this was happening long before the Romanians had a right to work here.  People coming here to create criminal acts are not necessarily the same ones who come here because of the right to work.  I can't remember the exact numbers, but there were 500 or so Romanians in prison 5 years ago, a day now there are 700.  So the 2014 right to work hasn't increased that massively, and that number is likely to have increased regardless of the right to work.

Fwiw I haven't visited the website you recommended.  I suspect that there are also high proportions from many Eastern European and Asian countries whose citizens have no right to work here.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: June 11, 2016, 08:08:54 PM »

Go on adultwork.com and try and find a UK girl on there compared to 10 years ago!  There are really simple ways to find out the scale of Eastern European invasion into the UK 'black economy' from high scale, professionally run criminal gangs.  Official stats show fuck all they have no idea how many people are actually in the UK and from which countries.  Get on the street level where the shit really happens like KMac said.

What you get for putting in £50 as the hourly rate when you search... Stick a 1 in front of it, and you'll see plenty of Brits Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: June 11, 2016, 08:12:51 PM »

I have never mentioned Romania at any stage in any post.  Last time i say it.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: June 11, 2016, 08:19:29 PM »

Thread descends into farce when Doobs is challenge on his statistics.

It is, I think, unarguable that the scale of net migration is unsustainable. Will listen to anyone who can demonstrate otherwise, but adding c300,000 people a year seems problematic. The issue that arises from that is that for the true economic migrant arriving from Eastern Europe or the Med states their motivation seems to be to provide for their families back home. Their economic activity in the UK is thus less effective in terms of generating further activity here. (Badly expressed, but I mean the trickle down impact which is always cited when a major employer in an area closes)

Forget about the criminality or otherwise of small numbers of Romanians/Poles/Martians, that's a sideshow.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: