blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:49:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 368 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198126 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5445 on: July 26, 2016, 12:55:04 PM »

Combined Labour-Lib Dem vote share in ICM poll is 35%. The centre-left has never been weaker in an ICM poll

--

now who to blame for Lab 27%?

a Corbynista will say its the PLP, and all the infighting, that he has a mandate and lets crack on

the PLP will say that Corbyn is the problem, the public can see he's unelectable etc

maybe its a bit of both

still, it provides the scope for a bounce post leadership contest to -4-6% over conference season and for that to be seen as a success

--

must be sorely tempting for Mrs May to make a run for the polls before (the possibility of) implementing Brexit being a real headache

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: July 26, 2016, 01:10:47 PM »

Guy who wrote Art50 says it was never intended to be used & solving the 2 yr hard stop clause is critical to Brexit

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-amato-idUSKCN1012Q8

"My intention was that it should be a classic safety valve that was there, but never used. It is like having a fire extinguisher that should never have to be used. Instead, the fire happened."

My eyes are open wide
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: July 26, 2016, 02:17:54 PM »

Guy who wrote Art50 says it was never intended to be used & solving the 2 yr hard stop clause is critical to Brexit

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-amato-idUSKCN1012Q8

"My intention was that it should be a classic safety valve that was there, but never used. It is like having a fire extinguisher that should never have to be used. Instead, the fire happened."

This is a very good example of all the bureaucracy entailed within the EU, beyond simply the legislative matters.

It was effectively a captive organisation in the sense that once someone was in, it was virtually impossible to leave it (which was hardly a great advert for choosing to continue membership).

It was always likely that someone would leave at some stage.  The only surprise to me is that the first one came as a result of a national vote, rather than someone being booted out for failing the membership criteria, most likely in terms of financial stability (e.g. Greece).

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: July 26, 2016, 05:44:39 PM »

Report from the Tourism Alliance makes for very positive reading as domestic and inbound UK tourism shows a sharp upturn since Brexit. Inbound trending 21% up and domestic 18% growth. This has created many new jobs and stimulated plans for immediate further investment in our infrastructure.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: July 26, 2016, 05:59:57 PM »

FTSE100 up since June 23
FTSE250 within 2% of June 23 value

No emergency budget, no riots, just a massive queue on the approaches to Dover.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: July 26, 2016, 06:01:59 PM »

No brexit yet either
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: July 26, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »

FTSE100 up since June 23

My pension up 8% too 
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: July 26, 2016, 06:40:07 PM »

FTSE100 up since June 23

Pound down 12.5%, so companies with dollar earnings should be up similar amounts.  To balance that uk facing companies down by similat amounts in the opposite direction. 

The next budget will reflect lower expected tax revenues.  Presumably the NHS budget will be safe as ever, whilst not quite enjoing a brexit bonanza.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: July 27, 2016, 09:20:17 AM »

this is an interesting read (barry Carter will like it, behaviour of crowds on social media)

If you want to understand Jeremy Corbyn's appeal, you need to understand the place he's winning - Facebook

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2016/07/how-jeremy-corbyn-won-facebook

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: July 27, 2016, 09:20:45 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: July 27, 2016, 09:21:38 AM »

FTSE100 up since June 23

Pound down 12.5%, so companies with dollar earnings should be up similar amounts.  To balance that uk facing companies down by similat amounts in the opposite direction. 

The next budget will reflect lower expected tax revenues.  Presumably the NHS budget will be safe as ever, whilst not quite enjoing a brexit bonanza.

cbi business optimism out yesterday

mapped against that worrying pmi survey

My eyes are open wide
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: July 27, 2016, 10:57:15 AM »

Report from the Tourism Alliance makes for very positive reading as domestic and inbound UK tourism shows a sharp upturn since Brexit. Inbound trending 21% up and domestic 18% growth. This has created many new jobs and stimulated plans for immediate further investment in our infrastructure.

Well, I'm reading the report and I don't know where those figures have been plucked from. As an example, for inbound forward bookings c75% of operators are reporting no change, c15% reporting bookings are up and c10% reporting down.

Then for investment in the inbound category, 29% reporting planned investment has been put on hold compared to 8% who are planning to increase. 
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: July 27, 2016, 11:37:11 AM »

I think we can all probably agree that the sky hasn't actually fallen in. A mild recession is the consensus forecast for next year now.

In the meantime I'm pretty sure the average European is probably more concerned with Governments ' collective inability to protect its citizens from being maimed and slaughtered rather than being over concerned about big business and economics. Of course if you're based in the no job zone of southern Europe then these economic factors might resonate more

sola virtus nobilitat
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5458 on: July 27, 2016, 11:46:36 AM »

I think we can all probably agree that the sky hasn't actually fallen in. A mild recession is the consensus forecast for next year now.

In the meantime I'm pretty sure the average European is probably more concerned with Governments ' collective inability to protect its citizens from being maimed and slaughtered rather than being over concerned about big business and economics. Of course if you're based in the no job zone of southern Europe then these economic factors might resonate more

Might just be my own timelines/personal biases etc etc, but I have noticed many of the very vocal remainers have been tremendously quiet since this horrific wave of terrorist attacks. Obviously it's very wrong to suggest that leaving the EU will prevent them on our shores, but I wager if the referendum had been next week instead, Leave would have won by a much bigger margin.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5459 on: July 27, 2016, 11:53:38 AM »

this is an interesting read (barry Carter will like it, behaviour of crowds on social media)

If you want to understand Jeremy Corbyn's appeal, you need to understand the place he's winning - Facebook

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2016/07/how-jeremy-corbyn-won-facebook

Yes really liked that thanks Tighty. Also nicely explains why Corbynistas appear to be speaking for 'the people' when in fact they are just a (very engaged) vocal minority.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 368 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: