blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:48:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 463 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2196849 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6870 on: December 12, 2016, 10:17:03 AM »

YouGov finds that ½ of those who voted LEAVE would not be willing to lose any money at all as a consequence of Britain’s withdrawal

Cheesy

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6871 on: December 12, 2016, 04:52:39 PM »

YouGov finds that ½ of those who voted LEAVE would not be willing to lose any money at all as a consequence of Britain’s withdrawal

Cheesy

Good luck with that.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: December 12, 2016, 07:43:06 PM »

Philip Hammond calls for post-Brexit transitional deal

Deal after negotiations end in March 2019 will be needed to avoid serious risks to businesses and financial stability, says chancellor

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/12/philip-hammond-calls-for-post-brexit-transitional-deal?CMP=twt_gu

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: December 13, 2016, 05:25:23 AM »

Cheesy

hahahaha
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: December 13, 2016, 06:06:47 AM »

Cheesy

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: December 13, 2016, 07:50:21 AM »

Cheesy

Tbf. Since its mostly thickos on benefits and struggling who voted to leave. What would y'all expect them to say. Another pernicious swipe at the chav classes. Pretty sure remainers would have polled as against a real lowering in their living standards for the last ten years as members of the EU but they got it anyway. Y'all are so pompous it makes me weep. Well not really obv

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: December 13, 2016, 11:40:50 AM »

Cheesy

Tbf. Since its mostly thickos on benefits and struggling who voted to leave. What would y'all expect them to say. Another pernicious swipe at the chav classes. Pretty sure remainers would have polled as against a real lowering in their living standards for the last ten years as members of the EU but they got it anyway. Y'all are so pompous it makes me weep. Well not really obv

i'll bite (told myself not to, but you are so sure of yourself lol)

its globalisation. the average american worker hasn't had a real increase in living standards for four decades. new workforces globally and technological change have removed job security, moved entire industries overseas. far more than just a EU issue, with opinions stoked up by a eurosceptic press, farage etc 

the EU is far from perfect of course (and didn't give many concessions when cameron went to renegotiate nearly a year ago) but its as much bigger trends that is affecting this decrease in living standards as issues such as EU immigration/freedom of movement

people unhappy with the massive changes taking place this generation are still going to be affected outside the EU. probably a result is more populism, weaker support for democracy etc as we are seeing worldwide

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: December 13, 2016, 01:27:01 PM »

Yah. But my point was you could poll just about any group and they would poll to not have money taken out of their pockets. But this poll, like so many other constructs, is slanted to make a one group of people look stupid for want of a better word. The EU has been pretty terrible at finding a profitable way forward for all t's citizens in the globalise world you describe

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: December 13, 2016, 01:45:08 PM »

Yah. But my point was you could poll just about any group and they would poll to not have money taken out of their pockets. But this poll, like so many other constructs, is slanted to make a one group of people look stupid for want of a better word. The EU has been pretty terrible at finding a profitable way forward for all t's citizens in the globalise world you describe

I don't disagree, but the same applies to whole segments of society and industries in any Western country. Not a solely EU phenomenon, nor is the absence of effective policy response

the "leave" vote in part is a protest against this, without necessarily knowing or caring the consequences of what that protest vote is for the voter.

in part this (blame) has to be laid at the remain campaign's door, as it was such as terrible campaign compared to the simpler, louder, more marketable messages promoted by sensible and non sensible (xenophobic etc) leave side

add that to distrust of "experts" and politicians and you get these sort of results.

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: December 13, 2016, 03:24:36 PM »

Europe is one of the richest and one of the healthiest regions of the world and is unchallenged as the most peaceful and the safest region. A large part of all that is due to the EU.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: December 13, 2016, 07:20:27 PM »

Europe is one of the richest and one of the healthiest regions of the world and is unchallenged as the most peaceful and the safest region. A large part of all that is due to the EU.

Are you about to run the world war 3 remain argument again? Smiley. French nukes coming to a village green near you soon.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: December 13, 2016, 07:50:11 PM »

Are you about to run the world war 3 remain argument again? Smiley. French nukes coming to a village green near you soon.

I think you might to hold that particular crow for a couple of months till we see what vlad and donny think is the best way for them to get that "I'm the king of the alphas" feeling.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: December 13, 2016, 07:55:49 PM »

I think you might to hold that particular crow for a couple of months till we see what vlad and donny think is the best way for them to get that "I'm the king of the alphas" feeling.

If Vlad and Donny kick off I'm not sure waving the EU flag of unity will help us!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6883 on: December 13, 2016, 07:57:32 PM »

If Vlad and Donny kick off I'm not sure waving the EU flag of unity will help us!

Whose side would we all pick if Trump and Putin started WW3? Pretty certain I'd have to side with Russia, we westerners are way too soft these days.

Sigh, I hope I'm in the direct blast zone when the first nuke hits.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: December 13, 2016, 08:21:55 PM »

Whose side would we all pick if Trump and Putin started WW3? Pretty certain I'd have to side with Russia, we westerners are way too soft these days.

Sigh, I hope I'm in the direct blast zone when the first nuke hits.

The "war" would start by Russia invading Eastern European countries when donny says he doesn't gaf as he is busy f-cking with China. 

Hopefully the renewal of EU sanctions next year will disabuse vlad of any hubristic pretensions.  btw if donny reneges on the US end of those sanctions, the EU army is fast-tracked and Theresa May can gafh.

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 463 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: