blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:42:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 477 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 485 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2199441 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7200 on: January 28, 2017, 11:02:04 AM »

Will Labour lose Copeland? http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/elections/2017/01/will-labour-lose-copeland

cliffs: probably

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: January 28, 2017, 11:03:08 AM »

Why hasn’t Scotland changed its mind on independence?

Another referendum now would have a similar result to 2014’s. YouGov’s polling shows that Nicola Sturgeon faces a tricky task in turning things around

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/27/shift-scottish-independence-yougov-nicola-sturgeon-balancing-act?CMP=twt_gu

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: January 28, 2017, 11:03:48 AM »

The Canary has left the tower

http://www.thecanary.co/2017/01/27/jeremy-corbyns-decision-support-government-article-50-colossal-mistake-editorial/

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: January 29, 2017, 12:31:29 AM »

So May is getting in the neck from all sides,  including her own party (one of them being the leader of the Scottish Tories), for avoiding criticising both the American and Turkish governments' policies and looking silly by saying nothing while the Turkish PM condemned Trump.

'May faces backlash for refusing to condemn Trump ban on refugees'

Tim Farron - "Not only is this shocking even by her standards, it cannot be allowed to stand..........At the press conference she contrived to make the Turkish government look liberal."

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/uk-and-turkey-work-on-plans-for-trade-deal-after-brexit-11364142369843

All this was easily predictable, so why did she go to Turkey and put herself through it? Trade. We are now so weak in the world, and the government so desperate for any bilateral deals to replace the EU that we are taking them wherever we can with whoever we can, and glossing over the distasteful aspects of those partners. I'm not saying they are wrong or right to do this, but it's where we have found ourselves. Seems odd to pay a PM visit and go through this for a measly £100m deal though.

'Theresa May’s visit to Turkey is more evidence of her desperate search for trading partners to replace the EU at any cost'

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/voices/theresa-may-erdogan-turkey-trade-deal-brexit-human-rights-a7549636.html%3Famp
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: January 29, 2017, 01:10:52 AM »

Tory MP Nadhim Zahawi is banned from travelling to the USA as he has dual UK and Iraq nationality

Theresa May says nothing.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: January 29, 2017, 01:34:27 AM »

Tory MP Nadhim Zahawi is banned from travelling to the USA as he has dual UK and Iraq nationality

Well given Nadhin Zahawi only worked it out for himself 3 or 4 hours ago, and Theresa May had already left... 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: January 29, 2017, 08:03:01 AM »

So May is getting in the neck from all sides,  including her own party (one of them being the leader of the Scottish Tories), for avoiding criticising both the American and Turkish governments' policies and looking silly by saying nothing while the Turkish PM condemned Trump.

'May faces backlash for refusing to condemn Trump ban on refugees'

Tim Farron - "Not only is this shocking even by her standards, it cannot be allowed to stand..........At the press conference she contrived to make the Turkish government look liberal."

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/uk-and-turkey-work-on-plans-for-trade-deal-after-brexit-11364142369843

All this was easily predictable, so why did she go to Turkey and put herself through it? Trade. We are now so weak in the world, and the government so desperate for any bilateral deals to replace the EU that we are taking them wherever we can with whoever we can, and glossing over the distasteful aspects of those partners. I'm not saying they are wrong or right to do this, but it's where we have found ourselves. Seems odd to pay a PM visit and go through this for a measly £100m deal though.

'Theresa May’s visit to Turkey is more evidence of her desperate search for trading partners to replace the EU at any cost'

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/voices/theresa-may-erdogan-turkey-trade-deal-brexit-human-rights-a7549636.html%3Famp

Is this the same (good) Turkey the EU is working with on membership and that we have zillions of offset deals with in defence contracts or is it a new bad Turkey ?

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: January 29, 2017, 08:09:00 AM »

We should send Farron and Clegg to give Trumpers a good telling off

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: January 29, 2017, 11:18:04 AM »

I wonder if the EU will rip up negotiations with Trumpet for the TTIP ?

Countries like France (they are within the EU in case anyone isn't sure) have enacted more racist and misogynistic legislation against  muslims than most western countries - probably won't be tapping Trumpy on the shoulder any time soon.

More ludicrous conflating of political issues to argue the UK is not strident in opposing the early actions of the Trump presidency because we are desperate for a trade deal. The real desperation here is on the part of the remainers who seem able to link any ill in the world to Brexit.

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: January 29, 2017, 11:20:43 AM »

Speaking of brexit - I do hope that parliamentarians who are anti brexit try to vote down the launch of article 50.

Much more integrity in that position than the shite coming out of MPs mouths about voting for it out of respect (lol) for the British peoples wishes.

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: January 29, 2017, 11:56:19 AM »

There simply cannot be a Trump state visit to the UK with this Muslim ban. Parliament won't wear it.

Would be march of 2m (? figure plucked at random) antis in London including supporters of all parties.

My eyes are open wide
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7211 on: January 29, 2017, 11:58:48 AM »

There simply cannot be a Trump state visit to the UK with this Muslim ban. Parliament won't wear it.

Would be march of 2m (? figure plucked at random) antis in London including supporters of all parties.

Didn't they say that the state visit would be him OR his wife? If so, probably send the Missus. Still would get the protests but by no means the same degree.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: January 29, 2017, 12:52:00 PM »

We should send Farron and Clegg to give Trumpers a good telling off

And of course no one actually knows what May said to Trump in private.

She is playing a pragmatic, diplomatic game at a sensitive time.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: January 29, 2017, 03:02:42 PM »

He'll no doubt be regretting some of his earlier tweets.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/time-catches-up-with-us-all/

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: January 29, 2017, 03:28:09 PM »

currently going up 3,000 signatories a minute

Click to see full-size image.

100k threshold for a parliamentary debate

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 485 ... 1533 Go Up Print