blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 03:23:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 481 482 [483] 484 485 486 487 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2228505 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #7230 on: January 30, 2017, 09:07:56 PM »

Nicci Sturge having a little moan today that May isn't taking Scotland seriously. No love, it's probably more personal than that

Jimmy Krankie can moan all she likes, I guess the point is May is taking the UK as a whole seriously. Cant have one small part of the UK trying to dictate to the majority.

Her threats are meaningless nonsense.

rofl I've already said she doesn't care what anyone south of the border thinks and she positively relishes trolling English brexiters like you two.

Glad we can make you smile.

You don't have to be a brexiter to dislike her and her distorted view of democracy.

She gets an unbelievably easy ride.

The Scottish people will wise up eventually.

How so?  She is a far better leader than any of the other devolved parliaments can offer up.  She's a better leader than the neglected prime minister and can actually think in her feet. 

Your little wngkander mentality doesn't allow you to see through your own bigotry of course.

How so?

It's about the will of the U.K. as a whole.

The U.K. that the Scottish people voted to be part of.

Common sense.

Nothing to do with little englander or bigotry. Pretty pathetic comments.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: January 31, 2017, 11:17:27 AM »

this is fascinating

Seat-by-seat pattern of Trump petition signatures has a 91% correlation with those for a second EU referendum

https://www.ncpolitics.uk/2017/01/trump-petition-91-per-cent-correlation-second-eu-referendum-signature-constituencies.html/

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: January 31, 2017, 11:18:00 AM »

At some point, the government is going to have to sell an EU exit bill of £30-40bn. Good luck!

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/01/stupid-metaphor-could-end-disaster-theresa-may-heres-why

My eyes are open wide
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7233 on: January 31, 2017, 02:21:38 PM »

First map is a heat map of people in and around London who signed the Trump state visit petition, the second is those who signed one called 'stop all immigration and close the UK borders until ISIS is defeated'.

Click to see full-size image.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: January 31, 2017, 02:28:12 PM »

very good!

Coastal Essex wants to live in the 1940s?

My eyes are open wide
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: January 31, 2017, 03:05:51 PM »

Has Canvey Island ever hosted a state visit?
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: January 31, 2017, 10:14:53 PM »

Nicci Sturge having a little moan today that May isn't taking Scotland seriously. No love, it's probably more personal than that

Jimmy Krankie can moan all she likes, I guess the point is May is taking the UK as a whole seriously. Cant have one small part of the UK trying to dictate to the majority.

rofl I've already said she doesn't care what anyone south of the border thinks and she positively relishes trolling English brexiters like you two.

You don't have to be a brexiter to dislike her and her distorted view of democracy.

How so?  She is a far better leader than any of the other devolved parliaments can offer up.  She's a better leader than the neglected prime minister and can actually think in her feet. 

Your little wngkander mentality doesn't allow you to see through your own bigotry of course.

How so?

Common sense.

What about the hundreds of thousands who voted in the Scottish referendum for staying part of the UK under the assurance it was the only way they could continue to be part of the EU? 

They were sold a dummy.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: January 31, 2017, 11:52:32 PM »

How so?

Common sense.

What about the hundreds of thousands who voted in the Scottish referendum for staying part of the UK under the assurance it was the only way they could continue to be part of the EU? 

They were sold a dummy.

A logical extension of this shows it to be pish. ie If you want to argue this you also need to argue that anyone voting for independence was knowingly voting to leave the EU.

Literally, not one person voted to remain part of the UK so they could be assured of remaining in the EU...ldo.

sola virtus nobilitat
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: February 01, 2017, 12:00:31 AM »

How so?

Common sense.

They were sold a dummy.

A logical extension of this shows it to be pish. ie If you want to argue this you also need to argue that anyone voting for independence was knowingly voting to leave the EU.

Literally, not one person voted to remain part of the UK so they could be assured of remaining in the EU...ldo.

Literally or in your fantasy world?

One of the most polled reasons for voting no behind the economy was to remain part of the EU. 

Both of them seem to have worked out well.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: February 01, 2017, 12:08:56 AM »

How so?

Common sense.

They were sold a dummy.

Literally or in your fantasy world?

One of the most polled reasons for voting no behind the economy was to remain part of the EU. 

Both of them seem to have worked out well.

Word ? I thought it was all abaht the Wallaces and Mactavishes booting out the Crispins and Cuthberts.

Polls are utter shite as we know anyway, just some average 5' 3" redhead trying to sound intelligent

sola virtus nobilitat
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: February 01, 2017, 01:29:28 AM »

She's the ideal size for a troll

just some average 5' 3" redhead trying to sound intelligent

Still putting people down on the basis of their physical attributes.

This is 2017, not 1977.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: February 01, 2017, 01:37:11 AM »

This is 2017, not 1977.

That's what ugly people say 
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: February 01, 2017, 01:50:33 AM »

This is 2017, not 1977.

That's what ugly people say 

Lol!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: February 01, 2017, 08:47:52 AM »

This is 2017, not 1977.

Aah 1977, halcyon days..I had the least isms back then. Now I seem to have grown into them. Age shall wither you

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: February 01, 2017, 11:13:56 AM »

Keir Starmer's funeral lament shows Labour's Brexit plight.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/01/keir-starmers-funeral-lament-shows-labours-brexit-plight

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 481 482 [483] 484 485 486 487 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: