blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:44:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 520 521 522 523 [524] 525 526 527 528 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2193911 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7845 on: April 19, 2017, 01:49:44 PM »

It's terrible when somebody plays a game and plays it so well they win. Especially when they press home an advantage to achieve their objectives. Especially when that person isn't you. It's like when somebody has all the chips and keeps raising. It's so unfair. Brexit not fair, Scottish independence not fair, labour demise not fair, early election not fair, having no chips and facing another raise not fair.

I would say it was admirable if she didn't have the cheek to call those far weaker in the game playing aspect out. Even people in this thread can see she's apparently backed the opposition leader into a corner because he has to pretend at all times he is ready to step up to the plate.

It reminds me a lot of the people so desperate for Brexit to go through that they are terrified of a second referendum  because that would go against the will of the people lol. Just like how they wanted more independence (the correct word is escaping me, sovereignty?) for Britain before going off on the house of lords as soon as they don't vote their way.

I think she was genuine when she said she didn't want to have an early election. In a sense she's also been pushed into a corner by all her opponents repeating the mantra that she has no mandate..even though we don't ever vote for a PM.

Good point and it does make sense going into the negotiations. How accurate is Andy ward's post?

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/16095906

Not a big believer in Huff but seemed like a well timed addition. Media panning opposition unfairly again?

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/05/20/interview-tim-farron-addresses-anti-gay-voting-record-and-calls-for-church-of-england-to-be-disestablished/

I'm pretty sure if these articles were written about Theresa May you would be blasting into her....
I thought the point of politics was to unbashedly support your side no matter what?

I was asking a question because I was unsure of the answer, and after go ogling posted the links with only a question afterwards. Furthermore isn't it my right to blast politicians I don't like? What's your point?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: April 19, 2017, 01:58:54 PM »

It's terrible when somebody plays a game and plays it so well they win. Especially when they press home an advantage to achieve their objectives. Especially when that person isn't you. It's like when somebody has all the chips and keeps raising. It's so unfair. Brexit not fair, Scottish independence not fair, labour demise not fair, early election not fair, having no chips and facing another raise not fair.

I would say it was admirable if she didn't have the cheek to call those far weaker in the game playing aspect out. Even people in this thread can see she's apparently backed the opposition leader into a corner because he has to pretend at all times he is ready to step up to the plate.

It reminds me a lot of the people so desperate for Brexit to go through that they are terrified of a second referendum  because that would go against the will of the people lol. Just like how they wanted more independence (the correct word is escaping me, sovereignty?) for Britain before going off on the house of lords as soon as they don't vote their way.

I think she was genuine when she said she didn't want to have an early election. In a sense she's also been pushed into a corner by all her opponents repeating the mantra that she has no mandate..even though we don't ever vote for a PM.

Good point and it does make sense going into the negotiations. How accurate is Andy ward's post?

Not a big believer in Huff but seemed like a well timed addition. Media panning opposition unfairly again?

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/05/20/interview-tim-farron-addresses-anti-gay-voting-record-and-calls-for-church-of-england-to-be-disestablished/

I'm pretty sure if these articles were written about Theresa May you would be blasting into her....
I thought the point of politics was to unbashedly support your side no matter what?

I was asking a question because I was unsure of the answer, and after go ogling posted the links with only a question afterwards. Furthermore isn't it my right to blast politicians I don't like? What's your point?

Just double standards that's all mate. Can't imagine I would defend Theresa May and complain about her being treated unfairly if this was written about her and it was true.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: April 19, 2017, 02:09:54 PM »

Just double standards that's all mate. Can't imagine I would defend Theresa May and complain about her being treated unfairly if this was written about her and it was true.

I wasn't professing to be an expert in the matter hence the question marks. My original post only had the Huff link and I added the pinknews after further research. Does look like a bit of a mess. I don't really know anything about Farron which was why Ward's comments surprised me and I wanted to look further into it.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/04/18/lib-dem-leader-tim-farron-branded-disgrace-after-refusing-to-answer-gay-sex-question/

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: April 19, 2017, 02:18:39 PM »

I wasn't professing to be an expert in the matter hence the question marks. My original post only had the Huff link and I added the pinknews after further research. Does look like a bit of a mess. I don't really know anything about Farron which was why Ward's comments surprised me and I wanted to look further into it.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/04/18/lib-dem-leader-tim-farron-branded-disgrace-after-refusing-to-answer-gay-sex-question/

I think a lot of these views will be held by god squad types which includes Tim Fallon and Theresa May, whether they express them publicly is a different matter....
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: April 20, 2017, 10:25:14 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: April 20, 2017, 10:25:39 AM »

“He’s supposed to be the leader of a liberal party”

Lib Dems are concerned about Tim Farron's views on homosexuality

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/june2017/2017/04/election-2017-what-tim-farron-s-stance-gay-rights-and-should-you-vote-lib

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: April 20, 2017, 10:27:44 AM »

Lib Dems heading for a modest recovery: an assessment

The Lib Dems, despite being crushed in the last general election, still have a constituency-targeting organisation that is second to none. And their media and campaigning operation is as slick as a greyhound

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/general-election-liberal-democrat-membership-comeback-resurgence-is-it-realistic-a7690701.html

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: April 20, 2017, 10:29:30 AM »

the political gambler takes his first look at june 2017

Can anything stop a Tory landslide?

http://politicalgambler.com/can-anything-stop-tory-landslide/

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: April 20, 2017, 10:32:46 AM »

Jeremy Corbyn Rules Out ‘Progressive Alliance’ With Greens, SNP Or Lib Dems

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-rules-out-progressive-alliance-with-snp-greens-and-liberal-democrats-nec_uk_58f77c2be4b0de5bac42b5fd?bgi

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: April 20, 2017, 10:34:25 AM »

The 60 Lab seats in 2015 w/ Con 2nd & Lab lead over Con < UKIP % at GE2015

thesis being that UKIP voters might well vote tory in droves to ensure brexit

so lab/con marginal seats vulnerable

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: April 20, 2017, 10:36:25 AM »

Labour is starting its hardest election campaign woefully unprepared - while the LDs are very advanced

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/04/labour-starting-hardest-election-campaign-woefully-unprepared/

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: April 20, 2017, 10:40:49 AM »

out yesterday

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: April 20, 2017, 10:41:57 AM »

there are 6 Tory seats that voted Remain Lib Dems can win with a 7pt swing;

5 Lab seats w 10pt swing;

2 SNP seats w 3pt swing

they are

Con: Lewes, Twickenham, Kingston, Bath, Cheltenham, Cheadle

Lab: Cambridge, Bermondsey, BristolW, CardiffC, Hornsey

SNP: E Dumbarts, EdinW

if they on't win these, not much of a recovery....

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: April 20, 2017, 10:42:40 AM »

out yesterday

Highest vote share in any poll for a Tory govt since 1991 (during the Gulf War), biggest lead since Sep 1987

just as well national vote shares won't translate evenly into seats,some might say

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: April 20, 2017, 10:43:18 AM »

teflon Theresa

Theresa May was [X] to go back on her pledge of ruling out an early election:

Right: 42%

Wrong: 31%