blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 01:07:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 517 518 519 520 [521] 522 523 524 525 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2229195 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7800 on: April 18, 2017, 08:57:07 PM »

This year I've made a concerted effort to stop binge consuming politics because it's such a time suck and debating with others rarely is that productive (except on this forum which is a rare exception).

However, no matter how unlikely, the idea of Corbyn leading this country strikes more fear into me than Trump, sigh, time to lose a few friends on social media.

Anybody really falling out over politics isn't a true friend anyway, maybe it's just a good excuse to sort out the wheat from the chaff!!

I haven't got any mates who are Tories or UKIPpers.

Impossible for me to be friends with someone who doesn't share the same values of what is right or wrong.

This has tickled me.  Got to be a wind up surely?  You'll terminate a friendship if they vote for the Tories?!!!

This tickled me as well.  Can't have Bloom down as a die hard leftie! Wink

got to think a large number of pro gamblers are right of center from those i met and alot of the wannabe pro gamblers are slightly left of Jeremy Corbyn

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: April 18, 2017, 09:07:29 PM »

This year I've made a concerted effort to stop binge consuming politics because it's such a time suck and debating with others rarely is that productive (except on this forum which is a rare exception).

However, no matter how unlikely, the idea of Corbyn leading this country strikes more fear into me than Trump, sigh, time to lose a few friends on social media.

Anybody really falling out over politics isn't a true friend anyway, maybe it's just a good excuse to sort out the wheat from the chaff!!

Impossible for me to be friends with someone who doesn't share the same values of what is right or wrong.

This has tickled me.  Got to be a wind up surely?  You'll terminate a friendship if they vote for the Tories?!!!

I wouldn't "terminate" a friendship.

Impossible I was a friend with them in the first place.

A Tory has different values to me. I might have a beer or go for a meal with a Tory. But they would never be someone I call a friend.

Just checked my contacts on my phone.  A few Greens, a couple of Lib Dems, some who would have no political opinions. No Tories, no UKIP supporters.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: April 18, 2017, 09:12:28 PM »

It's terrible when somebody plays a game and plays it so well they win. Especially when they press home an advantage to achieve their objectives. Especially when that person isn't you. It's like when somebody has all the chips and keeps raising. It's so unfair. Brexit not fair, Scottish independence not fair, labour demise not fair, early election not fair, having no chips and facing another raise not fair.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: April 18, 2017, 09:15:04 PM »

A Tory has different values to me. I might have a beer or go for a meal with a Tory. But they would never be someone I call a friend.

Just checked my contacts on my phone.  A few Greens, a couple of Lib Dems, some who would have no political opinions. No Tories, no UKIP supporters.

I wouldn't read into your phone contact poll.  Half of them will be shy Tories.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: April 18, 2017, 09:16:14 PM »

It's terrible when somebody plays a game and plays it so well they win. Especially when they press home an advantage to achieve their objectives. Especially when that person isn't you. It's like when somebody has all the chips and keeps raising. It's so unfair. Brexit not fair, Scottish independence not fair, labour demise not fair, early election not fair, having no chips and facing another raise not fair.

The whining is more entertaining than the bad beat stories though!  
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: April 18, 2017, 09:18:51 PM »

I wouldn't read into your phone contact poll.  Half of them will be shy Tories.

Happy to sell at 5% Smiley

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7806 on: April 18, 2017, 09:28:33 PM »

If your friends have the exact same opinions and values as you do, you are probably in a cult.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: April 18, 2017, 09:38:26 PM »

If your friends have the exact same opinions and values as you do, you are probably in a cult.

Of course they don't have the same opinions.

Some support Corbyn, some don't.

Some would like to privatise railways some wouldn't.

Etc etc. Difference of opinions are great.

But all would support an equal age of consent for straight and gay kids, all would support equal rights at work for women, all would be against the death penalty etc etc

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: April 18, 2017, 09:43:38 PM »

But all would support an equal age of consent for straight and gay kids, all would support equal rights at work for women, all would be against the death penalty etc etc

What percentage of Tory voters do you think don't support equal rights for women?  Or are anti-death penalty?  Or support equal gay rights?  You are indulging in some heavy stereotyping here.  Many Tories just support small government.  (although the current batch seem spectacularly useless in that endeavour)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7809 on: April 18, 2017, 09:45:35 PM »

Most (or at least many) conservatives I know also support all three of those things.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7810 on: April 18, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »

Most (or at least many) conservatives I know also support all three of those things.

What positions do the Tories have which you think are against equal rights for women at work, out of interest?
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: April 18, 2017, 09:56:56 PM »

What percentage of Tory voters do you think don't support equal rights for women?  Or are anti-death penalty?  Or support equal gay rights?  You are indulging in some heavy stereotyping here.  Many Tories just support small government.  (although the current batch seem spectacularly useless in that endeavour)

I would guess less than 10% of Tories believe in all 3 of those values.

And they were plucked out of thin air, far more than that. Trade Union rights. civil liberties, anti war, yada yada yada

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: April 18, 2017, 10:00:00 PM »

What percentage of Tory voters do you think don't support equal rights for women?  Or are anti-death penalty?  Or support equal gay rights?  You are indulging in some heavy stereotyping here.  Many Tories just support small government.  (although the current batch seem spectacularly useless in that endeavour)

And they were plucked out of thin air, far more than that. Trade Union rights. civil liberties, anti war, yada yada yada

I call bullshit, every Tory I know supports equal rights in those spots, the only one where there might be a slight debate would be death penalty, even then it would be a majority that would not support the death penalty.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:02:17 PM by Woodsey » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: April 18, 2017, 10:12:39 PM »

Camel must have been on the sauce on brighton beach today celebrating promotion with his left wing friends!  This is a great read.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: April 19, 2017, 07:04:11 AM »

Looks like you have a "red team good/blue team bad" view of politics.  Fair enough but it's a shame you pick your friends on such a binary basis!
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 519 520 [521] 522 523 524 525 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: