blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:53:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 577 578 579 580 [581] 582 583 584 585 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2191387 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8700 on: May 22, 2017, 08:32:55 PM »

Wow she's awful.

It's no wonder she won't get on a debate with Corbyn. Was wondering while watching why she would agree to any interviews with any decent interviewer  - does she do it fairly sure in the knowledge that a tiny fraction of voters will watch it all. Later, she can go back to being a 5 second 'strong & stable', 'Corbyn's a nutter' nightly soundbite. The contempt for us is just fkn infuriating

JC just lives in a parallel universe where there is an unlimited pile of cash to spend.
Maybe but May doesn't actually know how to smile and that's worse in my book

I can't remember a time when so many people in the big cabinet and shadow cabinet positions were so damn awful.  Surprised they haven't bought Jon Redwood back to give them a bit more personality.

This is what happens when the PC lot who demand all these women/ethnic minorities/non eton types in positions of power rather than just selecting the right people for the job whatever their sex/race/education background etc etc.

You seen the Tory front bench?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: May 22, 2017, 08:39:19 PM »

Wow she's awful.

It's no wonder she won't get on a debate with Corbyn. Was wondering while watching why she would agree to any interviews with any decent interviewer  - does she do it fairly sure in the knowledge that a tiny fraction of voters will watch it all. Later, she can go back to being a 5 second 'strong & stable', 'Corbyn's a nutter' nightly soundbite. The contempt for us is just fkn infuriating

JC just lives in a parallel universe where there is an unlimited pile of cash to spend.

I can't remember a time when so many people in the big cabinet and shadow cabinet positions were so damn awful.  Surprised they haven't bought Jon Redwood back to give them a bit more personality.

This is what happens when the PC lot who demand all these women/ethnic minorities/non eton types in positions of power rather than just selecting the right people for the job whatever their sex/race/education background etc etc.

You seen the Tory front bench?

Starmer and Hammond are the only proper politicians in either.

I suppose you could add Greening and Thornberry if you were desperate.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: May 22, 2017, 08:59:15 PM »

Wow she's awful.

I agree with you - I feel bad for liking people like Gove and Jacob Rees-Mogg just based on intellect rather than anything much to do with policy. Rees-Mogg is hilarious as well though.

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: May 22, 2017, 09:01:04 PM »

Wow she's awful.

I agree with you - I feel bad for liking people like Gove and Jacob Rees-Mogg just based on intellect rather than anything much to do with policy. Rees-Mogg is hilarious as well though.

RM should be prime minister.  Could you imagine how different his interview with Neil would have been tonight?  Neil would have been feeling all the pressure not the other way around.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: May 22, 2017, 10:52:18 PM »

Not overly pertinent to the current  discussions but really enjoyed this - quite long at 50 mins or so.

Owen Jones interviewing Peter Hitchens - two people who often appear boorish and quite difficult to like turn out to be pretty likeable I thought. Hitchens gets a little irritating in the last 5 mins as he wants to hold court a little more than chat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrwuk6NoMv8

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: May 23, 2017, 08:14:37 AM »

i feel a bit reluctant to post political stuff up after overnight events but will press on for now

Even of LAB was 3% ahead of CON the Tories would win most seats. See Electoral Calculus with these figures

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: May 23, 2017, 08:23:06 AM »

The 'dementia tax' was added at last minute to manifesto by Nick Timothy, the PM's chief of staff, says the FT.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: May 23, 2017, 08:23:55 AM »

before manchester obviously, but a line in this is very striking

Tory minister says they need to change the subject from their own manifesto. In the middle of an election campaign. Incredible.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: May 23, 2017, 08:24:36 AM »

from huff post's northern focus groups

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: May 23, 2017, 08:25:46 AM »

The cap is back! Andrew Dilnot's social care lecture at Resolution foundation  H Q last month is detailed viewing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e51QtPl_NNk

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: May 23, 2017, 08:27:03 AM »

(((Dan Hodges)))ā€¸Verified account

May's U-turn won't have much impact on the election. But in terms of how her party and cabinet engage with her post election, it's seismic.

interesting comment

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: May 23, 2017, 08:27:37 AM »

Two things becoming obvious to the media: Corbyn is really good at campaigning, and May is a shambles when pressured

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-polling-general-election-2017-favourite-young-voters-a7749251.html

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: May 23, 2017, 08:27:57 AM »

Conservative U-Turn moves from inheritance tax lottery for the wealthy to inheritance tax lottery for the poor:

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/june2017/2017/05/theresa-mays-u-turn-may-have-just-traded-one-problem-another

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: May 23, 2017, 08:28:57 AM »

The Prime Minister has only made a bad policy worse, ending up with an idea that will cost taxpayers billions and still scare and confuse the voters

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/theresa-may-dementia-tax-u-turn-nothing-has-changed-yes-it-has-made-bad-policy-worse-a7749451.html

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: May 23, 2017, 08:29:31 AM »

osborne continues to hammer may

My eyes are open wide