blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:14:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180619 times)
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: May 27, 2016, 11:48:20 PM »

This thread has degenerated a bit. This fish stuff is tabloid-style nonsense, trying to make something out of nothing. Hopefully, we'll get back to discussing real issues soon.

Immigration obv  Grin

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/26/net-migration-to-uk-nears-peak-fewer-britons-emigrate

I know someone that works in a food factory in Nottingham and they struggle to get regular work because Poles have moved up to management, they have the say who gets the work.....and yes they give the first work to their fellow poles before Brits. But that's racist mentioning that innit  Roll Eyes

English people are lazy though, Id employ poles aswell.

That statement must make you racist lol  aftertiming aftertiming  

Its true tho, lets not make out the poles are dodgy when they are just simply undercutting lazy english people and working harder. The biggest crybabies over eastern europeans are tax dodging cash in hand merchants, taxidrivers, builders,mechanics etc (I can insult more people on request). Daily I see the horrors of paying an englishperson to do a minimum wage job (or not as the case is).

Shut the doors before they realise the rest of us are useless aswell imo.

Not sure how you can undercut min wage factory jobs but hey ho....

So they are stomping their feet because they cant get enough hours in a food factory at minimum wage? Oh no I cant think what to do.......

I can, make sure Brits are first in line for work and fill the gaps left with immigrants as suits our needs.

They had/have that system in greece? I remember it well, they had to employ a greek (only ones who qualified for min wage) and then a foreigner to actually do their job for a fraction of the price Your model is greece bud.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: May 27, 2016, 11:53:30 PM »

This thread has degenerated a bit. This fish stuff is tabloid-style nonsense, trying to make something out of nothing. Hopefully, we'll get back to discussing real issues soon.

Immigration obv  Grin

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/26/net-migration-to-uk-nears-peak-fewer-britons-emigrate

I know someone that works in a food factory in Nottingham and they struggle to get regular work because Poles have moved up to management, they have the say who gets the work.....and yes they give the first work to their fellow poles before Brits. But that's racist mentioning that innit  Roll Eyes

Its true tho, lets not make out the poles are dodgy when they are just simply undercutting lazy english people and working harder. The biggest crybabies over eastern europeans are tax dodging cash in hand merchants, taxidrivers, builders,mechanics etc (I can insult more people on request). Daily I see the horrors of paying an englishperson to do a minimum wage job (or not as the case is).

So they are stomping their feet because they cant get enough hours in a food factory at minimum wage? Oh no I cant think what to do.......

I can, make sure Brits are first in line for work and fill the gaps left with immigrants as suits our needs.

They had/have that system in greece? I remember it well, they had to employ a greek (only ones who qualified for min wage) and then a foreigner to actually do their job for a fraction of the price Your model is greece bud.

They are part of the EU so doubt it now. Much prefer the Aussie take people as we need type system......
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: May 27, 2016, 11:53:57 PM »

This.

Let's talk about the UK steel industry and whether it should be possible to support it by ensuring that UK projects use 100% UK steel (subject only to a UK plant being capable of it's production).

imagine running a business where you don't trade at all with the EU and being forced to set fire to a seven figure sum just to keep some twats in business who can't produce steel at market rates.

Had a drink?

Imagine running a business where you establish cosy links with other businesses but then they start telling you what to do. Imagine running a business that wants to support one of it's subsidiaries through a rough period but your cosy friends in those businesses that seemed so supportive all gang up on you and say 'you can't do that, it's not fair'.

Imagine you entering into the debate with something real and supportive of the future of this country if we stay in the EU rather than just doom-laden comments and ad hominem attacks. (My imagination can't cope with that one)

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: May 27, 2016, 11:54:23 PM »

This.

Let's talk about the UK steel industry and whether it should be possible to support it by ensuring that UK projects use 100% UK steel (subject only to a UK plant being capable of it's production).

imagine running a business where you don't trade at all with the EU and being forced to set fire to a seven figure sum just to keep some twats in business who can't produce steel at market rates.

Just 7? Imagine you pay 45 billion to bail out rbs coz theyve been lolling all over the place but you bank with barclays.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:57:43 PM by JohnCharver » Logged
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: May 28, 2016, 12:15:20 AM »

Immigration obv  Grin

They are part of the EU so doubt it now. Much prefer the Aussie take people as we need type system......

Id like the best person to do it, personally dont care where they come from. The last thing we need is jobs full of people with no competition or need to do their job well.

The whole immigration debate is pointless, eastern europeans are just an easy target. If jobs paid what they should your original job would be worth arguing over, as its min wage just get another one, dont hates poles for doing exactly what everyone else does and look after their mates/family/bird they want to shag. Blame the greedy git at the top who has meant the indigenous work force cant compete as they just dont have the same appetite for shit wage jobs.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: May 28, 2016, 12:42:31 AM »

Immigration obv  Grin

Id like the best person to do it, personally dont care where they come from. The last thing we need is jobs full of people with no competition or need to do their job well.

The whole immigration debate is pointless, eastern europeans are just an easy target. If jobs paid what they should your original job would be worth arguing over, as its min wage just get another one, dont hates poles for doing exactly what everyone else does and look after their mates/family/bird they want to shag. Blame the greedy git at the top who has meant the indigenous work force cant compete as they just dont have the same appetite for shit wage jobs.

The debate is not pointless. I'd rather Brits that needed/wanted (OK wanted is up for debate and a separate discussion) a job that were on the dole got the job first, hardly unreasonable?

If less immigrants were available your 'greedy git at the top' would have to pay a higher rate thus increasing the min wage. Yes they are an easy target because they ARE the target, let's remove the target.

I don't mind dropping a shit load in taxes if I feel it's being fairly spent, I don't currently. We have a ton of Brits that should be working ahead of non Brits, the example I gave is a case in point. It's a DISGRACE that Brits are being discriminated against because foreign nationals have moved up in the work ranks and are selecting non Brits ahead of Brits simply because purely discriminatory reasons. So there you go....

Yes I fully accept that there are highly skilled people that should be fast tracked for visas, doctors etc. But non skilled workers (factory, min wage etc) should, be on a required basis imo.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 12:49:49 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: May 28, 2016, 12:51:21 AM »

Immigration obv  Grin

The debate is not pointless. I'd rather Brits that needed/wanted (OK wanted is up for debate and a separate discussion) a job that were on the dole got the job first, hardly unreasonable?

If less immigrants were available your 'greedy git at the top' would have to pay a higher rate thus increasing the min wage. Yes they are an easy target because they ARE the target, let's remove the target.

I don't mind dropping a shit load in taxes if I feel it's being fairly spent, I don't currently. We have a ton of Brits that should be working ahead of non Brits, the example I gave is a case in point. It's a DISGRACE that Brits are being discriminated against because foreign nationals have moved up in the work ranks and are selecting non Brits ahead of Brits simply because purely discriminatory reasons. So there you go....

Yes I fully accept that there are highly skilled people that should be fast tracked for visas, doctors etc. But non skilled workers (factory, min wage etc) should, be on a required basis imo.

It isn't a disgrace, because it is some more hearsay bullshit.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: May 28, 2016, 12:55:05 AM »

Immigration obv  Grin

What is hearsay?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: May 28, 2016, 01:01:46 AM »

This.

You don't think the French subsidise selected industries ? You are literally frothing at the mouth on this whole thing - totes incapes of a balanced view, call the doctor

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: May 28, 2016, 01:02:25 AM »

Immigration obv  Grin

What is hearsay?

Your mate says that a polish manager has told him he is only employing poles.  Seems likely?  

The irony is that you are in a managerial role and you come on here saying brits should come first.  The best person who is entitled to work here should come first.  That is what your bosses/shareholders would want.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: May 28, 2016, 01:05:28 AM »

Anyway, I'm listening to the Levellers so this nonsense can gtfo

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: May 28, 2016, 01:18:53 AM »

Immigration obv  Grin

What is hearsay?

Your mate says that a polish manager has told him he is only employing poles.  Seems likely?  

The irony is that you are in a managerial role and you come on here saying brits should come first.  The best person who is entitled to work here should come first.  That is what your bosses/shareholders would want.  

Ok I don't normally share details of my personal life but on this one occasion I will be crystal clear to show you what a disgrace the system is.

The person I'm talking about is my other half. About 2 years ago when she started her job the boss was a British guy (Asian but not relevant), he was totally fair and just distributed the work fairly, ok great. Then about 6 months ago a Polish guy took the job, since he took over there is a hierarchy about who gets the work, polish first, rest eastern euro second, Brit third, and then Asian and blacks, I kid you not!! Absolute joke to be honest.

Not that it's relevant, but I interview loads of people personally and in my team I have 2 Brit Asian girls working for me that I employed, so if you think I am anti immigration you are totally off the mark! I am selective immigration and always have been and that won't change....
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: May 28, 2016, 01:53:31 AM »

This.

You don't think the French subsidise selected industries ? You are literally frothing at the mouth on this whole thing - totes incapes of a balanced view, call the doctor

Must be a bad day for Doubleup if he's been accused of being an unbalanced pro EU zealot twice in one day.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: May 28, 2016, 10:02:23 AM »

these should be good

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile