blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:48:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 633 634 635 636 [637] 638 639 640 641 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2217923 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9540 on: June 08, 2017, 03:25:43 PM »

there should definitely be some kind of services that help facilitate people getting to vote as it's such an important part of our system. but it sounds dodgy as fk when its described and given none of us seem to know about it seems like there isn't much oversight meaning it could easily be abused.

Bank Holiday and free public transport on the day seems democratic.

This is a good idea, ideally a friday IMO so we can all stay up late and watch it on the telly box, having a lie in the next day.

buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #9541 on: June 08, 2017, 03:31:25 PM »

The UK prints its own currency, it does not have a debt problem or a deficit problem.

Both labour and tories speak utter rubbish on this subject, usually knowingly but often out of sheer ignorance which is worse.

I was talking on twitter with an economics professor at Kings college London who was essentially saying the same thing.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: June 08, 2017, 03:31:45 PM »

Just on the debt, we know that the tories have increased it year on year right? 

Yes, the debt Labour got us in that the Tories have been try to get us out of in the face of whining about cuts....
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: June 08, 2017, 03:32:31 PM »

There was a guy outside the polling station asking for my polling number, what's that about? Crossed my mind he was Working for one of the parties so he could chase people up, I guessed probably Labour as they always seem to have a lot of boots on the ground. Politely told him to do one....

I had the same thing - a guy with a Lib Dem rosette on.

He said it was so they would know who voted and then knock on doors of those that hadn't voted and offer to take them to the polling station.

Said everyone does it, so I asked him where the fook is everyone else then?

That seems really dodgy, is it allowed?

I have no idea, but he couldn't be more obvious if he tried, so the polling staff obviously know what he's up to and I assume they would have done something to stop him if it wasn't......

I had that last election from some Labour people - seemed incredibly dodgy to me as well, but it must be fairly common.

Been going on for as long as I've voted.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9544 on: June 08, 2017, 03:33:21 PM »

Yes, the debt Labour got us in that the Tories have been try to get us out of in the face of whining about cuts....

imagine if we thought back further than a single administration! 

no you is such an endearing and convincing argument.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: June 08, 2017, 03:41:49 PM »

Well the spike is when Labour were in power during the financial crisis when at the same time Gordo turned the taps on and started pissing it away...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:43:43 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: June 08, 2017, 03:42:27 PM »

The UK prints its own currency, it does not have a debt problem or a deficit problem.

Both labour and tories speak utter rubbish on this subject, usually knowingly but often out of sheer ignorance which is worse.

I was talking on twitter with an economics professor at Kings college London who was essentially saying the same thing.

Easy to get to bw a professor these days, especially of a non-science.  Did these people say how much your pounds would be worth when buying stuff from overseas and what would be your debt servicing costs, or maybe what would happen to inflation.   You can't just turn the taps on and expect to have no after-effects.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9547 on: June 08, 2017, 03:45:51 PM »

Well the spike is when Labour were in power during the financial crisis when at the same time Gordo turned the taps on and started pissing it away...

what financial crises? that was just wealthy people being clever and making money for their friends no?   good times.

at least lots of people got punished and held responsible and we recovered all of the mis-directed funds   
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9548 on: June 08, 2017, 03:46:12 PM »

I obviously forgot just how left wing Blair and Brown were!
buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: June 08, 2017, 03:54:26 PM »

Easy to get to bw a professor these days, especially of a non-science.  Did these people say how much your pounds would be worth when buying stuff from overseas and what would be your debt servicing costs, or maybe what would happen to inflation.   You can't just turn the taps on and expect to have no after-effects.  

ya we have had enough of experts.....

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: June 08, 2017, 04:25:32 PM »

ya we have had enough of experts.....

Which parts of my comments are you disputing?  There are plenty of lessons from history.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: June 08, 2017, 04:32:27 PM »

what financial crises? that was just wealthy people being clever and making money for their friends no?   good times.

at least lots of people got punished and held responsible and we recovered all of the mis-directed funds   

Pretty much everyone at the top of RBS, which was the worst offender lost their job.  Some were banned from working in financial services again.  Since the financial crisis, tens of thousands of "bankers" lost their jobs in the UK alone.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was 6 figures.   

Why would you expect to recover all the misdirected funds?  Bad loans are part and parcel of the banking business.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9552 on: June 08, 2017, 04:34:36 PM »

Pretty much everyone at the top of RBS, which was the worst offender lost their job.  Some were banned from working in financial services again.  Since the financial crisis, tens of thousands of "bankers" lost their jobs in the UK alone.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was 6 figures.   

Why would you expect to recover all the misdirected funds?  Bad loans are part and parcel of the banking business.

not loans

bad bonuses, paid specifically for flowthrough of known toxic products.

proceeds of crime act should apply for fk sake!

oh waaaaaw waaaaaw I lost my super high paid job for being an absolute scumbag thief.

be a black or asian youth with a small bag of weed a few times and see how your defence about punishment holds up on a relative cause/effect scale.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: June 08, 2017, 05:16:17 PM »

not loans

bad bonuses, paid specifically for flowthrough of known toxic products.

proceeds of crime act should apply for fk sake!

oh waaaaaw waaaaaw I lost my super high paid job for being an absolute scumbag thief.

be a black or asian youth with a small bag of weed a few times and see how your defence about punishment holds up on a relative cause/effect scale.

You implied nobody got punished, but they did.  Tens of thousands of ordinary people who had nothing to do with the crisis also lost their jobs.   They weren't "absolute scumbag thieves", just people who happened to work in a bank rather than a steelworks. 

And whilst some scumbags knew these products were toxic, I'd take the overs on 99% of those who lost their jobs didn't. 

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9554 on: June 08, 2017, 05:17:37 PM »

yes exactly my point!

those at fault just made huge profits and live on their boats in the BVI. whilst everyone else got fucked by the economy tanking and many not involved people losing their jobs.

if you do something illegal and make money the government take that money (and waste it), in this instance those who committed the actual crimes were allowed to keep their money.....
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 635 636 [637] 638 639 640 641 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: