blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:57:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 832 833 834 835 [836] 837 838 839 840 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180711 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #12525 on: April 20, 2018, 10:17:14 PM »

Shouldn't we go out on Friday nights rather than drink, post and arrange notional meet ups to discuss this stuff in more detail

If we're meeting up to discuss politics in more detail, I'm out.

I wouldn't be doing much talking, anyway. I'm absolutely clueless about it, and most other things, too.

That said, I've learned more about politics since these threads went up, than in the previous 35 years on the planet Cheesy

It would be interesting to see what we would talk about. Out with work colleagues and try as hard as you like and it will come back to work. Good thing here I guess is we do cover quite a range of nonsense - not
just this politics thread

Haha, very true. Fridays used to be like that, when I was doing a bit of roofing before I started playing poker. You'd finish up around 4, get the wages, and then all descend on the pub at 100mph. Couple hours drinking in workclothes, talkin about what you'd done that week, and where you'd be working next week etc.

Dive home to shower and change, then back to the pub. Then you'd be with a different mob, and roofing wouldn't be mentioned again until you turn up at the bosses house on the Monday Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #12526 on: April 20, 2018, 10:17:36 PM »

Fan Theory: Woodsey and kukushkin88 are the same person and they spend their weekend trolling this thread.

TalBet:

10/11 Russian Bots
2/1 One person pretending to be the other
5/1 Both Jeeves
50/1 Different people who are both completely lovely company in real life who just happen to have diametrically opposed political views.

Talbet would last about as long as my scooter did when I hit the Talisker with my boss Cheesy

Woodsey's banned. Too savvy with his money.

You're ok. Usual seat, sir? Coffee?

Cheesy

Only if it includes biscuits, obv.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12527 on: April 21, 2018, 10:09:35 AM »

YouGov/Times:

CON 43 (+3)
LAB 38 (-2)
LD 8 (-1)

16th-17th Apr (Changes vs 9th-10th Apr)
N=1,631

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12528 on: April 21, 2018, 10:09:58 AM »

ICM/Guardian:

CON 42 (-2)
LAB 41 (=)
LD 7 (-1)
UKIP 4 (+3)
GRN 3 (+1)

Fieldwork 6th-8th April (changes vs 16th-18th March)
N=2,012

My eyes are open wide
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #12529 on: April 21, 2018, 11:03:54 AM »

Shouldn't we go out on Friday nights rather than drink, post and arrange notional meet ups to discuss this stuff in more detail

Morning all,

Finding the right location will be the issue. St Albans? Maybe a trip to Lord's? I'm pretty keen and we should throw it open to all of Blonde imo.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #12530 on: April 21, 2018, 11:06:59 AM »

Fan Theory: Woodsey and kukushkin88 are the same person and they spend their weekend trolling this thread.

TalBet:

10/11 Russian Bots
5/1 Both Jeeves
50/1 Different people who are both completely lovely company in real life who just happen to have diametrically opposed political views.

Net worth on the last option please!

My best mate holds the same opinions as Kukush, do I wind him up? Fuck yes!!! 

Jokes aside, this. The internet takes out that important element of non verbal communication.

You could not get a more varied bunch as my real life friends. My Corbyn hippy eat your own placenta buddies are best friends with my Tory boy gawd bless Maggie buddies with no friction, only banter. Online you often only know another persons most polarising opinions.

Like, for example, I bet there is more to Woodsey than his pension. I reckon he has an ISA too.

Nah
Kukuskin is russian for "nice little pension nest egg"

Kukushkin is a character in Story of a Nobody by Chekhov, he seemed to have the perfect personality for poker, seemed like a good username 10 years ago :-)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #12531 on: April 21, 2018, 11:13:08 AM »

TalBet:

10/11 Russian Bots
5/1 Both Jeeves

Net worth on the last option please!

My best mate holds the same opinions as Kukush, do I wind him up? Fuck yes!!! 

Jokes aside, this. The internet takes out that important element of non verbal communication.

You could not get a more varied bunch as my real life friends. My Corbyn hippy eat your own placenta buddies are best friends with my Tory boy gawd bless Maggie buddies with no friction, only banter. Online you often only know another persons most polarising opinions.

Like, for example, I bet there is more to Woodsey than his pension. I reckon he has an ISA too.

I'd say me and Woodsey would get on well. There is no one in real life I fundamentally dislike and I quite like everyone I know well. It's massively unlikely that the one guy who trolls me on the internet is the one guy I wouldn't like in real life.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12532 on: April 21, 2018, 08:02:10 PM »

ComRes/Sunday Express (“There is a need for a new centre-ground political party in Britain”):

AGREE 47 (+6)
DISAGREE 24 (-2)
DON’T KNOW 29 (-4)

11th-12th April (Changes vs 15th Apr 2017)
N=2,038

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12533 on: April 21, 2018, 08:02:32 PM »

ComRes/Sunday Express (“Jeremy Corbyn is tackling anti-semitism in the Labour Party effectively”):

AGREE 20
DISAGREE 46
DON’T KNOW 34

11th-12th April
N=2,038

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12534 on: April 21, 2018, 08:02:52 PM »

ComRes/Sunday Express (“I expect my family to be worse off after #Brexit”):

AGREE 38
DISAGREE 34
DON’T KNOW 28

11th-12th April
N=2,038

My eyes are open wide
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #12535 on: April 21, 2018, 08:18:59 PM »

AGREE 38
DISAGREE 34
DON’T KNOW 28

11th-12th April
N=2,038

This is one of those stats that really irritates. It was always entirely obvious that there would be "a cost of Brexit". The vast majority of ppl who voted for Bxt knew this but felt it a price worth paying. The Leavers and the media keep presenting the obvious as if it's some kind of astounding revelation. To be honest, I'm only surprised that the Agree % isn't higher.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #12536 on: April 21, 2018, 08:28:01 PM »

AGREE 38
DISAGREE 34
DON’T KNOW 28

11th-12th April
N=2,038

This is one of those stats that really irritates. It was always entirely obvious that there would be "a cost of Brexit". The vast majority of ppl who voted for Bxt knew this but felt it a price worth paying. The Leavers and the media keep presenting the obvious as if it's some kind of astounding revelation. To be honest, I'm only surprised that the Agree % isn't higher.

When we say price worth paying. Does that mean we think there'll be good things as well? If so, what do we think they will be?
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #12537 on: April 21, 2018, 09:22:12 PM »

AGREE 38
DISAGREE 34
DON’T KNOW 28

11th-12th April
N=2,038

When we say price worth paying. Does that mean we think there'll be good things as well? If so, what do we think they will be?

I think I've said this before, like it or not, there is a strong nature desire in the British public to determine our own future and control our own destiny.

That might be insular, naïve, little Britain islander mentality but people do place a positive value on that, whether its a success or failure.

I think the vast majority of people knew that voting for Brexit would have at least short term negative economic consequences.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #12538 on: April 21, 2018, 09:30:50 PM »

AGREE 38
DISAGREE 34
DON’T KNOW 28

11th-12th April
N=2,038

Sorry, I should have put "Remainers" rather than Leavers in para 1 above.

But do you really have to ask about the "good things"? I get the feeling you're trying to set a trap. Another thing that the Remain side suggest is that they know exactly where we'd be in 50+ years' time and that everything would be just fine. After unrestricted EU immigration (150,000+ p/a) don't you think there'd be resultant strains on our health service, housing and infrastructure? Let's be honest and agree that none of us possess the ability to see the future with any certainty. The U.K. after 50 more years of EU membership could easily be far worse than 50 years of finding our own way.

I guess, in a nutshell, I felt increasingly that the political class was ignoring the legitimate concerns being expressed by their electorate (Gordon dismissively called the poor woman a bigot), and that Remaining in the EU would only exacerbate the gulf between the political agenda and the actual concerns of a significant chunk of the population - a very large proportion of which was your Labour voting working class man/woman.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12539 on: April 22, 2018, 09:47:25 AM »

Theresa May really could face a leadership challenge from hard Brexiteers

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/theresa-may-leadership-challenge-brexit-customs-union-a8315701.html

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 834 835 [836] 837 838 839 840 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: