blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:15:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1129 1130 1131 1132 [1133] 1134 1135 1136 1137 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180188 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16980 on: March 29, 2019, 07:26:33 AM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MGwz-u5otzk

This is particularly good (from LBC on Brexit), especially the part about intellectual honesty.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #16981 on: March 29, 2019, 08:23:39 AM »

Can somebody link me to an intelligent YouTube vid about freedom of movement pls

Something along the lines of I voted Leave primarily for improved immigration control but I didn’t know enough and now realise there would be even more freedom of movement after our exit

We’ve done the trade argument to death and wonder if we can put some focus on primary concerns many Leave voters held dear

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16982 on: March 29, 2019, 08:42:49 AM »

Can somebody link me to an intelligent YouTube vid about freedom of movement pls

Something along the lines of I voted Leave primarily for improved immigration control but I didn’t know enough and now realise there would be even more freedom of movement after our exit

We’ve done the trade argument to death and wonder if we can put some focus on primary concerns many Leave voters held dear

How dare you raise the I word you racist.... Grin
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 08:47:05 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #16983 on: March 29, 2019, 09:17:20 AM »

Any chance that you might actually contribute something worthwhile to the debate some time?
Or do you save your thoughtful contributions for the Lodge?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16984 on: March 29, 2019, 10:02:52 AM »

Any chance that you might actually contribute something worthwhile to the debate some time?

It is an odd phenomenon, the internet troll.

Small (almost irrelevant) point of order: we can add what I do for a living to the long list of things that Woodsey is ignorant of.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16985 on: March 29, 2019, 10:04:45 AM »

I’ll see what I can find. It won’t be easy though, especially given that’s it not clear exactly what it is that people don’t like about immigration.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16986 on: March 29, 2019, 10:08:20 AM »

Small (almost irrelevant) point of order: we can add what I do for a living to the long list of things that Woodsey is ignorant of.

May I ask what it is you do for a living?

If you have already said I've either missed it or forgotten.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16987 on: March 29, 2019, 10:10:32 AM »

My dad said, "If you're not in bed by midnight, come home.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16988 on: March 29, 2019, 11:09:28 AM »

I’ll contribute what the hell I want, my choice not yours
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16989 on: March 29, 2019, 11:34:53 AM »

I’m technically an engineer (BEng), although I also have a Geography degree combined with Psychology. I work for the government investigating and prosecuting (as an ‘expert’ (thin brag) witness) large scale pollution events involving big industry, mainly those that impact waterbodies but also to land and air. I spend  ~10-15% of my time in court or on court prep, 30% on what we call ‘incident response’ and the rest office based/desk study.

Woodsey will be delighted to know that we have brought prosecutions against Sewage Treatment Works and no doubt will again, so his efforts on the rancid curry/toilet might not be entirely wasted when it comes to making my life a certain (infinitesimally small) amount less pleasant.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16990 on: March 29, 2019, 11:42:59 AM »

I’m technically an engineer (BEng), although I also have a Geography degree combined with Psychology. I work for the government investigating and prosecuting (as an ‘expert’ (thin brag) witness) large scale pollution events involving big industry, mainly those that impact waterbodies but also to land and air. I spend  ~10-15% of my time in court or on court prep, 30% on what we call ‘incident response’ and the rest office based/desk study.

Woodsey will be delighted to know that we have brought prosecutions against Sewage Treatment Works and no doubt will again, so his efforts on the rancid curry/toilet might not be entirely wasted when it comes to making my life a certain (infinitesimally small) amount less pleasant.

Hugely off-topic, but presumably you are aware of this utterly fascinating case in the USA?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flint_water_crisis

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #16991 on: March 29, 2019, 11:49:41 AM »

I’ll see what I can find. It won’t be easy though, especially given that’s it not clear exactly what it is that people don’t like about immigration.

I’d say couldn’t be clearer, it’s the uncontrolled nature of it.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16992 on: March 29, 2019, 11:57:54 AM »

Hugely off-topic, but presumably you are aware of this utterly fascinating case in the USA?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flint_water_crisis

It's Erin Brockovich all over again.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #16993 on: March 29, 2019, 01:10:32 PM »

The only uncontrolled immigration is the free movement of EU citizens. The economic benefit of this has already been established.
https://www.ft.com/content/797f7b42-bb44-11e8-94b2-17176fbf93f5

Those leave voters who saw this as a primary concern seem to have a substandard level of knowledge of geography and an over-inflated view of how many refugees from various conflicts have arrived here.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #16994 on: March 29, 2019, 02:00:28 PM »

The only uncontrolled immigration is the free movement of EU citizens. The economic benefit of this has already been established.
https://www.ft.com/content/797f7b42-bb44-11e8-94b2-17176fbf93f5

Those leave voters who saw this as a primary concern seem to have a substandard level of knowledge of geography and an over-inflated view of how many refugees from various conflicts have arrived here.

Fosho the free movement of EU citizens is the issue and also fosho is the +EV economic value

But couldn’t open the link so can you confirm the study includes analysis of social infrastructure growth, success of integration, employment and wellbeing of existing communities, associated crime % of migrants etc..If it just extracts a single positive variable of dollar bills in isolation then meh.

Pages: 1 ... 1129 1130 1131 1132 [1133] 1134 1135 1136 1137 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: