blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:06:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272478 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 1322 1323 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180977 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19770 on: August 15, 2019, 10:16:27 AM »

the general polling message is an enduring Brexit dilemma - Remain is the plurality winner while Leave with a deal is (arguably) closest to the median voter. What a mess.

This is the problem

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19771 on: August 15, 2019, 10:27:16 AM »

It seems no matter what evidence you post to say the EU is in a mess, and it is as good a time as any to leave, the remainers ignore on the comparison of staring over a cliff edge, not knowing how far the drop is.

They seem to ignore that turning back leads into a world of long term hurt, as all the posts on turmoil in the EU economies have shown.

However, they just aren't willing to consider that cliff edge may have very little drop to it, and as the others struggle, we may well prosper in the end.

Yeah, I know wishful thinking, but I feel there is something in it.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #19772 on: August 15, 2019, 10:43:58 AM »

I think the last 24 hours just makes me want to go insane really.

Boris hasn't been clever in all of this. His reluctance to even have any sort of meaningful dialogue in all of this has lead to all of the parties gang up on him. He's pretty much said it's going to be no deal and EU won't be left in a situation of changing its mind at the last second, because parliament would already be taking action.

Weeks ago the dreadful Jo Swinson was begging Corbyn for the no confidence motion when it would never pass. A bit childlike really. A bit like passing the ball to Shane Long and knowing he wouldn't score.

Here we are now with Corbyn sending a lovely letter telling them what's going to happen and for them to support a NC motion. Now Swinson and Co won't support it. Corbyn equally as silly as to think that he's gonig to get supported as a caretaker PM.

It's absolutely insane where we are at the moment.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19773 on: August 15, 2019, 10:48:41 AM »

the general polling message is an enduring Brexit dilemma - Remain is the plurality winner while Leave with a deal is (arguably) closest to the median voter. What a mess.

This is the problem

Sorry mate I don’t understand how Remain is the plurality winner. I read that Leave is the plurality winner in the poll you posted.

We could just as easily slice up that Remain vote with caveats by asking Remain without significant reform or Remain with reform

We know EU won’t offer significant reform ergo all those votes would be leave too

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19774 on: August 15, 2019, 11:00:16 AM »

It seems no matter what evidence you post to say the EU is in a mess, and it is as good a time as any to leave, the remainers ignore on the comparison of staring over a cliff edge, not knowing how far the drop is.

They seem to ignore that turning back leads into a world of long term hurt, as all the posts on turmoil in the EU economies have shown.

However, they just aren't willing to consider that cliff edge may have very little drop to it, and as the others struggle, we may well prosper in the end.

We can take it to the bank we would out perform most European economies if measured over and decent future period for the same reasons we've out performed most of them over recent history. I don't even need to post links because.. FACT

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19775 on: August 15, 2019, 11:27:29 AM »

We can take it to the bank we would out perform most European economies if measured over and decent future period for the same reasons we've out performed most of them over recent history. I don't even need to post links because.. FACT

The only meaningful comparison though is between our own economy in/out of the EU. In the short term there is a very high level of certainty that it will be much worse, in the long run, all aboard the let’s hope for the best bandwagon.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #19776 on: August 15, 2019, 01:14:48 PM »

The only meaningful comparison though is between our own economy in/out of the EU. In the short term there is a very high level of certainty that it will be much worse, in the long run, all aboard the let’s hope for the best bandwagon.

In the short term, amongst a certain tribe, there is a high level of belief that it will be much worse. In the long run, let’s get aboard the We Can Do It bandwagon.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19777 on: August 15, 2019, 01:24:28 PM »

In the short term, amongst a certain tribe, there is a high level of belief that it will be much worse. In the long run, let’s get aboard the We Can Do It bandwagon.

This thread is probably reflective of national divide. The reality is too many can't stomach the fact they might just be wrong after all this time.

The Leavers on the other hand, are half expecting it....but have an optimistic outlook

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #19778 on: August 15, 2019, 01:47:00 PM »

Average wage for Brexit voters is £21,700.

Hardly surprising.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19779 on: August 15, 2019, 01:48:58 PM »

Hardly surprising.

And for Remain?

Probably not much more but comes free with a massive stick up the arse

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #19780 on: August 15, 2019, 02:00:05 PM »

Hardly surprising.

No idea where you pull some of the shite you spurt Aaron

Here is an interesting article that challenges some of your name calling

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/brexit-and-the-squeezed-middle/

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19781 on: August 15, 2019, 02:16:00 PM »

Hardly surprising.

Good article Stu.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19782 on: August 15, 2019, 02:35:52 PM »

Hardly surprising.

Good read.

Lets see where Aarongry gets his stats from shall we?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19783 on: August 15, 2019, 03:09:10 PM »

Hardly surprising.

And for Remain?

Probably not much more but comes free with a massive stick up the arse

I admit I was wrong some months ago. You can be funny

sola virtus nobilitat
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19784 on: August 15, 2019, 03:10:22 PM »

thumbs up

All good.

Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 1322 1323 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: