blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:43:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 1331 1332 [1333] 1334 1335 1336 1337 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180215 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19980 on: August 23, 2019, 02:48:28 PM »

"While Remainers tear strips off each other, Johnson continues to hurtle us towards no-deal.

Only one thing is now certain: if opponents of no-deal don’t start coordinating, they’ll all share responsibility for the disaster which follows. "

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/no-deal-brexit-government-national-unity-jonathan-lis-remain

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19981 on: August 23, 2019, 03:10:52 PM »

The meaning of no deal has changed over the months, now it means, there are hundreds of mini deals that have been done so that Mr Johnson and his govt can shout - look we did no deal and the planes kept flying and things were not terrible, it’s just not No Deal anymore.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19982 on: August 23, 2019, 03:51:46 PM »

The meaning of no deal has changed over the months, now it means, there are hundreds of mini deals that have been done so that Mr Johnson and his govt can shout - look we did no deal and the planes kept flying and things were not terrible, it’s just not No Deal anymore.

Remainers seem to think it is and that it is still gonna be catastrophic. Is the tactic now gonna be to accuse Boris Johnson of failing by not achieving no-deal, it gets better :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19983 on: August 23, 2019, 04:08:36 PM »

It’s a mindset thang

If NI dairy farmers thrive under Boris...Remain will lament all the moo cows destroying earth with their poison bottoms...if Boris solves global warming...Remain will point to falling suncream sales

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19984 on: August 24, 2019, 06:37:19 AM »

On the grounds that this thread is just a circular argument about the coincidence of some brexiters are racist and on the other side some remainers think climate change is bad. Is there any polling to prove either postulation?

My personal opinion on Brexit. I voted remain on Brexit, but the UK could not remain in the EU for the long term, as not being part of the Euro means that we are not part of core Europe, this needs to become an integrated currency area, with common debt, bank resolution regulations, ultimately a single govt. There is little way that the UK and Denmark are going to be able to remain in the EU while this goes on. This requires a two speed Europe, how this is achieved is a function of time and patience. I have no problem with freedom of capital, freedom of trade (goods and services) and freedom of labour. So leaving the EU and joining EFTA would be my choice, achieved through a negotiated treaty.

Words have changed meaning so much in the past 3 years that this would have been labelled an opinion equating to leaving, but now is seen as position of remain.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19985 on: August 24, 2019, 08:52:22 AM »

On the grounds that this thread is just a circular argument about the coincidence of some brexiters are racist and on the other side some remainers think climate change is bad. Is there any polling to prove either postulation?

My personal opinion on Brexit. I voted remain on Brexit, but the UK could not remain in the EU for the long term, as not being part of the Euro means that we are not part of core Europe, this needs to become an integrated currency area, with common debt, bank resolution regulations, ultimately a single govt. There is little way that the UK and Denmark are going to be able to remain in the EU while this goes on. This requires a two speed Europe, how this is achieved is a function of time and patience. I have no problem with freedom of capital, freedom of trade (goods and services) and freedom of labour. So leaving the EU and joining EFTA would be my choice, achieved through a negotiated treaty.

Words have changed meaning so much in the past 3 years that this would have been labelled an opinion equating to leaving, but now is seen as position of remain.

Aaron has some stats to back this up, but he can't find the links or the source.......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19986 on: August 24, 2019, 09:26:29 AM »

Aaron has some stats to back this up, but he can't find the links or the source.......

https://academic.oup.com/economicpolicy/article/32/92/601/4459491
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19987 on: August 24, 2019, 09:31:48 AM »

The UK goes full Basil Fawlty

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2019/08/23/week-in-review-the-uk-goes-full-basil-fawlty

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19988 on: August 24, 2019, 09:32:36 AM »

this will go down well

Tory Remainers led by Philip Hammond preparing to hold their own talks with Brussels in bid to reach agreement on A50 extension

Hammond said to have retained extensive contacts book of European leaders & ministers from his time as Chancellor

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/2033acf2-c520-11e9-9b38-47c3100effef

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19989 on: August 24, 2019, 09:40:22 AM »

Love these. I know nobody that has ever been interviewed to get a full back up on these statements, so it is hardly comprehensive. Just find a patsy and base your figures round them.

They also merge information from 2001 and 2011, that some real up to date synopsis. 20 years ago LGBT was not even heard of, and immigration wasn't a thing or an issue until about the last 7 years.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19990 on: August 24, 2019, 09:41:30 AM »

this will go down well

Tory Remainers led by Philip Hammond preparing to hold their own talks with Brussels in bid to reach agreement on A50 extension

Hammond said to have retained extensive contacts book of European leaders & ministers from his time as Chancellor

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/2033acf2-c520-11e9-9b38-47c3100effef

Might pop over and have a chat myself, will be just as worthwhile......

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19991 on: August 24, 2019, 09:48:20 AM »

Philip Hammond has turned into a pantomime villain. I simply recoil at the thought of having to work with this odious individual as part of my team

Every time I see a photo I’m thinking Mr Burns from The Simpsons or Cyril Sneer from The Raccoons

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19992 on: August 24, 2019, 10:22:17 AM »

Philip Hammond has turned into a pantomime villain. I simply recoil at the thought of having to work with this odious individual as part of my team

Every time I see a photo I’m thinking Mr Burns from The Simpsons or Cyril Sneer from The Raccoons

Not a subject I like speculating on but this must be ~ what a Dominic Cummings wet dream looks like. You should write and let him know you’re a fan. I’m sure he could arrange for pics of Hammond’s head on Cyril Sneer’s body to pop up on your fb feed.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19993 on: August 24, 2019, 10:25:47 AM »

Love these. I know nobody that has ever been interviewed to get a full back up on these statements, so it is hardly comprehensive. Just find a patsy and base your figures round them.

They also merge information from 2001 and 2011, that some real up to date synopsis. 20 years ago LGBT was not even heard of, and immigration wasn't a thing or an issue until about the last 7 years.

As always people can read the methodology and findings of the study, read your dismissal of it and make their own mind up.

Any concerns that you’ve done exactly what you criticised Aaron for?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19994 on: August 24, 2019, 10:38:20 AM »

As always people can read the methodology and findings of the study, read your dismissal of it and make their own mind up.

Any concerns that you’ve done exactly what you criticised Aaron for?

Not at all. As ever you have twisted stuff.

Aaron makes up percentages and stats, where have I done that?

Please show me and I will apologise

Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 1331 1332 [1333] 1334 1335 1336 1337 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: