blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2020, 02:42:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2245950 Posts in 66448 Topics by 16588 Members
Latest Member: peachfem
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (34.5%)
Labour - 12 (21.8%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.5%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.9%)
Other - 1 (1.8%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.9%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1327 1328 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 1334 1335 ... 1522 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 1022362 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19950 on: August 22, 2019, 10:45:45 AM »

The stand-off over the backstop is as much about who gains control of the Brexit narrative as it is about the issue itself

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/08/no-10-hits-back-in-the-backstop-blame-game/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19951 on: August 22, 2019, 10:50:47 AM »

Voting intention among Remain voters and Leave voters since the 2017 general election.

Shows quite how much the 2019 EU elections changed the political landscape, and also why Boris Johnson and the Tories are best placed if an early election is called

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/08/21/boris-can-win-only-going-after-brexit-party-voters

Superbly represented on this image

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19952 on: August 22, 2019, 11:52:48 AM »

On the subject of misrepresentation of the Bojo/Merkel press conference and the fact Merkel “gave Boris 30 days” etc

Just interesting to point out Merkel is not the EU negotiator. Speaking for the 27 probably not in her remit like and highlights the George Orwell all equals quote. If leader of minor member steps up with this rhetoric it’d be wtf??

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #19953 on: August 22, 2019, 12:05:45 PM »

rofl it wasn't a negotiation, it was a trap for johnson who has to now come up with something that isn't laughable.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19954 on: August 22, 2019, 12:10:03 PM »

On the subject of misrepresentation of the Bojo/Merkel press conference and the fact Merkel “gave Boris 30 days” etc

Just interesting to point out Merkel is not the EU negotiator. Speaking for the 27 probably not in her remit like and highlights the George Orwell all equals quote. If leader of minor member steps up with this rhetoric it’d be wtf??

This is the point though, Merkel didn’t suggest anything had changed at all (unless there’s a mistranslation). We can listen to every word:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BqxVl-KjZi4
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 12:13:50 PM by kukushkin88 » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19955 on: August 22, 2019, 12:13:20 PM »

rofl it wasn't a negotiation, it was a trap for johnson who has to now come up with something that isn't laughable.

He also acknowledged that it’s on us to sort out the border problem, a clear departure from recent message/posturing and surely another mistake that he’s made in the heat of the moment. Certainly a strategic mistake in the blame game.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19956 on: August 22, 2019, 12:27:44 PM »

https://twitter.com/johnmcdonnellMP/status/1164491243302400007?s=19

Free, gender responsive, a dash of climate.. What's not to like. How am I going to vote Labour.. for real

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19957 on: August 22, 2019, 12:32:38 PM »

Macron meets Johnson in Paris: Macron calls the backstop "not just legal quibbling" but "genuine, indispensable guarantees". Not a great start.

Macron: "I’ve always been presented as the hard boy in the group. But that’s just because I’ve always been clear".

Then goes on to prove it: "We will not find a new solution in the 30 days that will be very different from the existing one”.

--

Probably fair. If a viable technical solution was available, it would have been proposed and accepted by now. Not sure that believing in brexit changes that.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19958 on: August 22, 2019, 12:33:22 PM »

In response, Johnson chides Macron by contrasting his pessimism to Merkel's "can do spirit". Adds: "Where there’s a will there’s a way”.

lol.

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19959 on: August 22, 2019, 12:46:20 PM »

Macron meets Johnson in Paris: Macron calls the backstop "not just legal quibbling" but "genuine, indispensable guarantees". Not a great start.

Macron: "I’ve always been presented as the hard boy in the group. But that’s just because I’ve always been clear".

Then goes on to prove it: "We will not find a new solution in the 30 days that will be very different from the existing one”.

--

Probably fair. If a viable technical solution was available, it would have been proposed and accepted by now. Not sure that believing in brexit changes that.

“Rofl it wasn’t a negotiation”

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #19960 on: August 22, 2019, 01:43:43 PM »

--

In response, Johnson chides Macron by contrasting his pessimism to Merkel's "can do spirit". Adds: "Where there’s a will there’s a way”.

lol.

and johnson the mug gets played again by insisting he will come up with a solution.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19961 on: August 22, 2019, 01:48:23 PM »

--

lol.

and johnson the mug gets played again by insisting he will come up with a solution.

Not quite sure how else he should try and act?

Maybe you could make a contribution of a thought process, as to how we go about this, rather than just slag things off?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19962 on: August 22, 2019, 01:56:03 PM »

So who blinks first.. The EU, Bojo and Co,  or the rest of parliament.
2 out of 3 serious runners but can't pick.

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19963 on: August 22, 2019, 02:07:02 PM »

So who blinks first.. The EU, Bojo and Co,  or the rest of parliament.
2 out of 3 serious runners but can't pick.

no one blinks and its no deal by default?

otherwise

EU shouldn't blink, or not easy to blink without shafting Ireland
Parliament will try to block but its a shambles of competing interests and party biases.
Boris and co might blink. try to get a few concessions, stick some lipstick and a blonde wig on the WA and present it as a new deal?

My eyes are open wide
StuartHopkin

Turny

View Profile
« Reply #19964 on: August 22, 2019, 02:21:09 PM »

Tighty

If we get to the 24th October is it possible for someone to enter a motion for a vote on an extension?

Parliament votes to extend by a clear majority.

Does Boris have to request one or can he just ignore this?

Thanks

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pages: 1 ... 1327 1328 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 1334 1335 ... 1522 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: