blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:23:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 1389 1390 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180540 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #20775 on: September 12, 2019, 06:03:36 PM »

Sat here watching the BBC news and its borderline scandalous the negativity being spread is foolhardy and somewhat dangerous.

Talk of rioting on the streets does no one any good.

If only Andy McDonald was as well briefed as Blonde.

So true, it will be the fear of looting next, then riots and looting will be played out

Remain approach/rhetoric right from the start has been a real eye opener. Let’s keep pushing worst case thinking, so socially responsible

If you don’t agree with something these days then green light to disrupt to the max. I also see on the news that climate protesters are going to bring Heathrow to a standstill flying drones. Find this attitude all very French really.

Looting for the last fresh tomato gonna be a thing

The BBC coverage on the ten o’clock news last night was bang out of order.

It the old tactic of portraying the worst case scenario findings as expected to happen.

once again the title change: Original doc was the 'base scenario', a month ago and they have changed to 'reasonable worse case scenarios".

We knows there are other, longer more detailed docs govt not published either

It was published like 6 weeks ago. It's an organic process. The title is only accurate/relevant if you're saying zero progress has been made to mitigate as the deadline draws close.

It's six weeks until your holiday and your suitcase is stone cold empty. But what's this? The day before you travel it's full of clothes and amber solaire. Yet for accuracy you must still call it an empty suitcase?!?

.......and don't forget your blue passport. Wink
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #20776 on: September 12, 2019, 06:51:47 PM »

Sat here watching the BBC news and its borderline scandalous the negativity being spread is foolhardy and somewhat dangerous.

So true, it will be the fear of looting next, then riots and looting will be played out

Remain approach/rhetoric right from the start has been a real eye opener. Let’s keep pushing worst case thinking, so socially responsible

If you don’t agree with something these days then green light to disrupt to the max. I also see on the news that climate protesters are going to bring Heathrow to a standstill flying drones. Find this attitude all very French really.

It the old tactic of portraying the worst case scenario findings as expected to happen.

once again the title change: Original doc was the 'base scenario', a month ago and they have changed to 'reasonable worse case scenarios".

It was published like 6 weeks ago. It's an organic process. The title is only accurate/relevant if you're saying zero progress has been made to mitigate as the deadline draws close.

It's six weeks until your holiday and your suitcase is stone cold empty. But what's this? The day before you travel it's full of clothes and amber solaire. Yet for accuracy you must still call it an empty suitcase?!?

desperate stuff.  Have you ever worked on a project (that wasn't an unmitigated disaster)?

The document was written to highlight likely risks.  If action is taken to reduce the risk it should be detailed in an accompanying document.  It is crystal clear that the document was renamed to sync with the government lies about it when it was leaked.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20777 on: September 12, 2019, 07:01:40 PM »

I think there is every possibility that there will be riots on the streets or at least some high level disruption. No deal or second vote would likely lead to this.

Very scary to think where we are currently at.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20778 on: September 12, 2019, 08:20:05 PM »

desperate stuff.  Have you ever worked on a project (that wasn't an unmitigated disaster)?

The document was written to highlight likely risks.  If action is taken to reduce the risk it should be detailed in an accompanying document.  It is crystal clear that the document was renamed to sync with the government lies about it when it was leaked.

Only to say when you're ordered to publish specific confidential documents you probably don't voluntarily add bonus accompanying confidential documents for free.

It's like being stopped flying back from your holiday in Colombia and security asking you to open a specific suitcase. You don't open all your suitcases, empty your hand luggage, pull your pants down, squat on the floor and start coughing.

the government have now allocated like £8b to prep so taking a guess I'd say action is being taken to reduce risk and any document is out of date on the day of publication.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #20779 on: September 12, 2019, 08:53:30 PM »

Only to say when you're ordered to publish specific confidential documents you probably don't voluntarily add bonus accompanying confidential documents for free.

It's like being stopped flying back from your holiday in Colombia and security asking you to open a specific suitcase. You don't open all your suitcases, empty your hand luggage, pull your pants down, squat on the floor and start coughing.

the government have now allocated like £8b to prep so taking a guess I'd say action is being taken to reduce risk and any document is out of date on the day of publication.

more nonsense. 

The title was changed to cover up for government lies. 

Everyone with a semblance of knowledge about governance knows you don't simply change the title of an vital document.

Why don't you just admit you are out of your depth for once?

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #20780 on: September 12, 2019, 09:07:04 PM »

Well there we have it. The Scottish government’s copy of Yellowhammer has ‘base scenario’ on it.

Pretty much conclusive proof that the UK government changed title of the #Yellowhammer document from “base case” to “reasonable worst case” and then lied about making the change.

https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1172185407972421634

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20781 on: September 12, 2019, 09:47:42 PM »

So much stock in a document written by people so clumsy they leave half of  it stuck out of a satchel, for anyone to read. How it never fell out I never know.

Anyone that careless can probably be a bit clumsy in their findings........

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20782 on: September 12, 2019, 09:54:47 PM »

It was leaked to the Sunday Times, who published 5th august. Nothing to do with satchels.

The civil service produced it for the government and was adopted for forming government polich

Serious independently produced work yet people want to dismiss it as immaterial. The truth is staring us in the face yet dogma rules. We must leave no matter the consequences it seems.

Utterly baffling.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 09:56:30 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #20783 on: September 12, 2019, 10:31:59 PM »

Yellowhammer is for the purposes of contingency planning so it's reassuring the report is realistic because the response will be appropriate. All the gasps and European style gesticulations that the government has produced a report resembling any one of Tighty's links from the last 2yrs is standard remoan behaviours.

It matters not what the starting point is and any fixation with historical point A is another tactic to manipulate remaining. Looking at point B and where we finish after preparation or recognition that it's merely 3 months of tomato looting is a more progressive outlook. Yellowhammer concludes preparations slowed because of Brexit fatigue caused by pointless delays and division. So rather than unite and deliver clear vision & direction Remain have sabotaged planning, moaned about no planning, moaned about money spent on planning and now moan about realistic planning.

The only moan I have is the Yellowhammer title which is not catchy enough, Black Swan has more of a ring. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20784 on: September 12, 2019, 11:32:29 PM »

It was leaked to the Sunday Times, who published 5th august. Nothing to do with satchels.

The civil service produced it for the government and was adopted for forming government polich

Serious independently produced work yet people want to dismiss it as immaterial. The truth is staring us in the face yet dogma rules. We must leave no matter the consequences it seems.

Utterly baffling.

I have to say that the consequences outlined don't actually seem that bad given the size of the undertaking. Mind you, will get my prescriptions in during October so I've got 2 months before I perish. Oh, except I don't have to because no deal isn't happening at the end of October - it's such a lot of pish.

To think along the lines we must leave based on the consequences outlined (even unmitigated) doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Nonsense lines like the poor will be disproportionately affected build my resolve - the poor are always disproportionately affected and most people do absolutely the square root of nothing. Anyone crying crocodile tears over this should take a long, cold, hard look at what they actually do to improve the position of actual poor people - bleating doesn't count.

The actuality is that there will be another 3 months minimum for no deal to not happen again or an intervening election where there's a tiny chance that the result will result in a no deal brexit. It really is just whining for whining's sake.

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #20785 on: September 13, 2019, 06:39:05 AM »

Actually Black Swan is too dark

Swap Yellowhammer for Project Peachy pls

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20786 on: September 13, 2019, 06:44:24 AM »

Utterly baffling.

It originally came to people's attention because some Whitehall stiff had half of it showing from his case, and there just happened to be a reporter around to see it.....yeah, does sound like a set up to me.....

As Nirvana points out, far to much of it is lazy, the poor will suffer, based guesstimate, and as we have pointed out so many industries are prepared, but what is the process for actually informing Whitehall?

Has anyone seen the Blue Sky report that points out all the positive aspects of Brexit and how we might benefit from leaving and the probable upsides for trade, standards of living etc?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20787 on: September 13, 2019, 06:48:38 AM »

Blimey. Went out last night for a few drinks and come home to have a minor rant on blonde. Got to get a grip

sola virtus nobilitat
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #20788 on: September 13, 2019, 07:46:43 AM »

Blimey. Went out last night for a few drinks and come home to have a minor rant on blonde. Got to get a grip

Was a joy to read Glenn

I suggest you go out more often
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:08:08 AM by typhoon13 » Logged
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #20789 on: September 13, 2019, 07:52:47 AM »

Agreed, enjoy it while you can because soon there’ll be no wine left and brewing moonshine in the garden shed will be all that’s left

Which will disproportionately affect the poor who don’t have gardens or sheds

Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 1389 1390 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: