blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:58:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1385 1386 1387 1388 [1389] 1390 1391 1392 1393 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180175 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20820 on: September 14, 2019, 01:52:47 AM »

Lots of different polls and information on Twitter, some from saying Tories could get a majority and one saying likelyhood is 295-300.

But I was staggered to see someones graphs showing about Labour leavers and the way they would vote. I genuinely thought that despite the Labour's move to a softer/no brexit that they still would never vote Tory. But according to this it shows 18% vote Brexit Party and 11% vote Tory. Staggering really.

Not really when you consider who is in charge of the Labour Party.

I get that. But he also is very popular, look at the 2017 result, it was expected to be a huge tory majority. I just don't see how a labour voters values can suddenly tick the tory box. At least if you're vote is all about Brexit, you can understand the a vote for Brexit Party.

Think Labour are going to lose votes everywhere. I certainly would never vote for the again with Jeremy in charge.

In 2017 maybot was shite and since then people have seen even more what a useless clown JC is, your last sentence really does sum it up. Sure the Brexit stuff on top of that.....He was clearly delighted to support an election recently despite spending the last 6 months asking for one 

My last sentence does sum it up and I am no election expert, but I seem to remember someone saying that Labour seem to win seats with huge majorities, so it has to be questioneed how it will effect them. I can 100% get why it would be a switch to Lib Dem or Brexit Party if Brexit is that important to you, but tories? I don't get it. 11% is small swig, but its more than double I'd have expected. Labour probably lose 20 seats. But Corbyn does campaign well, as does Boris....

I will for one be glad when this election comes, but my gut feeling is that we will be in the same boat. I think we will end up with a very small majority remain coalition. But also wonder wtf happens when Brexit is over and done with? No majority for either side? Sure, those who are there for no deal, are they going to vote for other stuff in the future?

As for you and Labour's quest for an election, you know full well that they're trying to block no deal. If Boris hadn't gone down the route of suspending or Cummings wasn't there, we'd be in election campaigns now!
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #20821 on: September 14, 2019, 07:55:58 AM »

I have no idea of the numbers so this maybe wrong, but wasnt a large chunk of the 2017 young/new voters motivated by JC's lies about student debt and tuition fees?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20822 on: September 14, 2019, 08:01:41 AM »

I have no idea of the numbers so this maybe wrong, but wasnt a large chunk of the 2017 young/new voters motivated by JC's lies about student debt and tuition fees?

Don’t be stupid, only Boris tells lies 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20823 on: September 14, 2019, 09:32:49 AM »

it keeps coming

Of 63 local authorities that responded to FOI requests released yesterday, well over half said they expected shortages (food/medicine/fuel), civil unrest, and greater difficulty providing essential services, if the UK leaves the EU without a deal

https://www.businessinsider.com/no-deal-brexit-documents-reveal-councils-expect-food-shortages-riots-2019-9?r=US&IR=T

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20824 on: September 14, 2019, 09:34:13 AM »

this is worth clicking on and reading

it begins

Let us assume that a) Johnson now realises why his erstwhile colleagues were so opposed to no deal and doesn't relish the idea of fighting an election just after one, and b) therefore genuinely now wants a deal with EU, but c)  also finds that the only deal available is going to be pretty similar to the one he has campaigned against for past year.

it then continues...

https://twitter.com/LawDavF/status/1172242219996209156?s=20

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20825 on: September 14, 2019, 09:37:54 AM »

a reminder, because i think the venn diagram shows it very well, who is he going to ditch to get the deal?

No one has found a deal that hits D yet

I'll say now he has a majority of -45 so the DUP deal is moot, he will stuff them

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20826 on: September 14, 2019, 10:02:21 AM »

it keeps coming

Of 63 local authorities that responded to FOI requests released yesterday, well over half said they expected shortages (food/medicine/fuel), civil unrest, and greater difficulty providing essential services, if the UK leaves the EU without a deal

https://www.businessinsider.com/no-deal-brexit-documents-reveal-councils-expect-food-shortages-riots-2019-9?r=US&IR=T

I think people like you permanently talking up civil unrest, (yes I know it's not you, but you keep repeating it,) are being very socially irresponsible.

It's almost giving the green light to riot if you say it enough and water it down so it's almost expected.

Shame on those that keep doing it.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20827 on: September 14, 2019, 10:11:23 AM »

Boris made a great move this week that went under the radar, or was forced under the radar by the press.

His move to grant foreign university students a free pass to the UK should they qualify, was pure genius.

Not only does it keep the cream here, which has always been a point some of us worried about immigration have been making for years, but it should also dispel the idiotic notion we are a country of racists....

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20828 on: September 14, 2019, 10:36:43 AM »

Social unrest is inevitable I think, whatever happens not talking it up or wishing for it, nor do I regard it as irresponsible to mention it.

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20829 on: September 14, 2019, 10:37:51 AM »

Social unrest is inevitable I think, whatever happens not talking it up or wishing for it, nor do I regard it as irresponsible to mention it.

My money is on greater social unrest if Brexit doesn’t happen.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20830 on: September 14, 2019, 10:39:17 AM »

it keeps coming

I think people like you permanently talking up civil unrest, (yes I know it's not you, but you keep repeating it,) are being very socially irresponsible.

It's almost giving the green light to riot if you say it enough and water it down so it's almost expected.

Adz, Farage stood on a stage and said he would get his gun out if Brexit was denied.   I think somebody on a forum saying there might be some social unrest if a no deal Brexit goes through is not really a big deal in conparison.   FWIW I expect there is likely to be social unrest on pretty much any way this goes forward.   The "pure" Brexit is getting ridiculously hyped and all the war talk they use means that Brexit could lead to civil unrest from both sides.

Me talking about it isn't going to make it happen though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20831 on: September 14, 2019, 10:56:25 AM »

Some professional protestors will try to foment unrest irrespective of outcomes. Somewhere over 99% of the population will keep calm and carry on

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20832 on: September 14, 2019, 11:09:00 AM »

Some professional protestors will try to foment unrest irrespective of outcomes. Somewhere over 99% of the population will keep calm and carry on

I used to laugh at the idea that people thought someone was paying people to protest, but with the Russians interference these days, you wouldn't be surprised.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20833 on: September 14, 2019, 11:36:33 AM »

it keeps coming

Adz, Farage stood on a stage and said he would get his gun out if Brexit was denied.   I think somebody on a forum saying there might be some social unrest if a no deal Brexit goes through is not really a big deal in conparison.   FWIW I expect there is likely to be social unrest on pretty much any way this goes forward.   The "pure" Brexit is getting ridiculously hyped and all the war talk they use means that Brexit could lead to civil unrest from both sides.

Me talking about it isn't going to make it happen though.

I didn't say you or Tighty on your own would, but enough people pushing the idea, will.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #20834 on: September 14, 2019, 11:52:36 AM »

Boris made a great move this week that went under the radar, or was forced under the radar by the press.

His move to grant foreign university students a free pass to the UK should they qualify, was pure genius.

Not only does it keep the cream here, which has always been a point some of us worried about immigration have been making for years, but it should also dispel the idiotic notion we are a country of racists....

Agree it's a good move, heard it discussed on the news. Allowing students to stay for two years after graduating rather than the current four months sends the right signals and will be a boost to the education sector. Think they said that 10% of London uni students are from China and that is likely to increase.

They had the chairman of Migration Watch saying it was a bad move which is a pretty good indication that it's the right thing to do. As an aside, had to reset my irony meter when I found out he is a Turkish-Cypriot migrant who moved to the UK unable to speak English...
Pages: 1 ... 1385 1386 1387 1388 [1389] 1390 1391 1392 1393 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: