blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:15:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1387 1388 1389 1390 [1391] 1392 1393 1394 1395 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180537 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20850 on: September 15, 2019, 10:58:52 AM »

More in line with other recent polls Comres then came out

CON 28
LAB 27
LD 20
BXP 13
SNP 4
GRN 2
OTHERS 2

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20851 on: September 15, 2019, 10:59:37 AM »

The path of polling is interesting

this wiki page shows them in chronological order

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20852 on: September 15, 2019, 11:07:20 AM »

Latest Brexit, "what next?", flowchart

aka the Elephant

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20853 on: September 16, 2019, 01:17:37 AM »

The path of polling is interesting

this wiki page shows them in chronological order

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

The polling seems wild at the minute.  I can't remember a time when there was such disagreement in the polls.  Yougove have been consistenly putting the Tories higher than average for a while, so that is no surprise, but just look at the variety just this last week there have been 2 polls giving the Tories a 1% lead and tow others giving them 12% and 14%.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #20854 on: September 16, 2019, 11:46:42 AM »

aka the Elephant

Ah saw this on twitter....but they couldn't answer the most important question................Indian or African ?
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #20855 on: September 16, 2019, 02:37:05 PM »

aka the Elephant

Ah saw this on twitter....but they couldn't answer the most important question................Indian or African ?

“Queen asks Jeremy Corbyn to be Prime Minister”... 

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20856 on: September 16, 2019, 10:42:39 PM »

Pretty interesting article here which tries to explain why the polls are all over the place at the moment.

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/10093

Seems a lot of it comes down to people either not remembering, or deliberately misstating, who they voted for at the last election. The polling companies try to correct for this in different ways, hence big difference in the numbers they report.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20857 on: September 17, 2019, 12:16:55 AM »

I am not surprised to see the backlash to the Lib Dem position in the last few days. They are basically the new Brexit Party, with one message.

I've seen tweets, facebook posts and so on from people say it's not fair to say let's just cancel Brexit. They believe the ultimate way foward is a second vote. I think my favourite response was seeing "A stupid policy from a party who know they'll not get in".

The surge from the Lib Dems has been a lot slower since Jo Swinson joined. She ultimately might want to stop Brexit, but she will probably be paving the way for Brexit to happen.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20858 on: September 17, 2019, 11:21:29 AM »

Didn't the Lib Dem surge just happen because people faced the reality of voting for a party with an ambiguous Brexit position, and not because Vince Cable was better than Jo Swinson.   Since she has taken over their support has remained at the level it was when she took over.

I don't realloy see why a 2nd referendum is so great, have people not learned anything from having one before?  And I don't see how a 1-1 score really helps.  I also don't think that there isn't much wrong in having a manifesto with a simple Brexit policy.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20859 on: September 17, 2019, 12:14:40 PM »

Didn't the Lib Dem surge just happen because people faced the reality of voting for a party with an ambiguous Brexit position, and not because Vince Cable was better than Jo Swinson.   Since she has taken over their support has remained at the level it was when she took over.

I don't realloy see why a 2nd referendum is so great, have people not learned anything from having one before?  And I don't see how a 1-1 score really helps.  I also don't think that there isn't much wrong in having a manifesto with a simple Brexit policy.   

Agree its legit fair etc to take this position into a GE and seek a mandate for it. Be interesting to see if it turns out to be a vote winner or loser

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20860 on: September 17, 2019, 12:15:33 PM »

Pretty interesting article here which tries to explain why the polls are all over the place at the moment.

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/10093

Seems a lot of it comes down to people either not remembering, or deliberately misstating, who they voted for at the last election. The polling companies try to correct for this in different ways, hence big difference in the numbers they report.

That is interesting. Think I might have to read it again to get it though

sola virtus nobilitat
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #20861 on: September 17, 2019, 03:42:15 PM »

Agree its legit fair etc to take this position into a GE and seek a mandate for it. Be interesting to see if it turns out to be a vote winner or loser

It’s fine to take the position, but it’s neither liberal, nor democratic.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20862 on: September 17, 2019, 05:06:14 PM »

But if the Lib Dem’s get voted into power on the basis of the position then it becomes democratic.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20863 on: September 17, 2019, 06:04:42 PM »

Advisory referendum to inform policy. If you don't like the policy they have taken then don't vote for them. How is that undemocratic?

Blue text
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20864 on: September 17, 2019, 06:14:31 PM »

Just heard the final Swinson pitch.

She really has let the job go to her head.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 1387 1388 1389 1390 [1391] 1392 1393 1394 1395 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: