blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:52:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1435 1436 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 1442 1443 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2193459 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21570 on: October 19, 2019, 08:45:15 PM »

The twitter account @remainernow, for those who abstained or voted leave in 2016 and would vote remain now has 41,700 followers

https://twitter.com/RemainerNow/status/1185217679210229761?s=19

I look forward to the excel spreadsheet with 417,000 names on it.

I jest, but there are plenty who have changed their minds (and some remainers who would now vote leave on democratic grounds, to be fair)

To call it a bullshit argument lacks nuance, to put it pomitely

What about people who didn't vote originally? I'm one of them and I'd vote leave now on democratic grounds.

I'd also vote conservative on the grounds that JC is a f**kwit.

Saying you’d vote for democratic reasons is the silliest and most hypocritical thing ever

You’d vote remain in a heartbeat if it suited your narrative and offered you incentives
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #21571 on: October 19, 2019, 09:16:12 PM »

The twitter account @remainernow, for those who abstained or voted leave in 2016 and would vote remain now has 41,700 followers

I jest, but there are plenty who have changed their minds (and some remainers who would now vote leave on democratic grounds, to be fair)

What about people who didn't vote originally? I'm one of them and I'd vote leave now on democratic grounds.

Saying you’d vote for democratic reasons is the silliest and most hypocritical thing ever

You’d vote remain in a heartbeat if it suited your narrative and offered you incentives

You're such a tool.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 09:18:23 PM by EvilPie » Logged

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21572 on: October 19, 2019, 09:37:19 PM »

You're such a tool.

Concise :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21573 on: October 19, 2019, 09:42:36 PM »

You're such a tool.

Wow. A one sentence reply. Great.

It’s like those one sentence replies that leave voters use like “Brexit means Brexit” because they have the inability or brain capacity to make an intelligent argument for leaving the EU.

Well done mate.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #21574 on: October 19, 2019, 09:56:33 PM »

The one positive for Boris today is that looking at the Letwin numbers, there will be almost certainly enough "Letwin amendment voters" who will back his deal on a meaningful vote.............
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21575 on: October 19, 2019, 10:28:25 PM »

You're such a tool.

It’s like those one sentence replies that leave voters use like “Brexit means Brexit” because they have the inability or brain capacity to make an intelligent argument for leaving the EU.

Well done mate.

Face it Aaron, you are probably the only person more disliked on here than me, but I don't think you try to be.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21576 on: October 19, 2019, 10:32:31 PM »

Several reports on Twitter say that Boris has sent the letter (unsigned allegedly) & the EU have acknowledged it & now consulting with the various EU peeps to decide how to respond.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21577 on: October 19, 2019, 10:46:42 PM »

You're such a tool.

Well done mate.

Face it Aaron, you are probably the only person more disliked on here than me, but I don't think you try to be.

Adz, I don’t care. This is a forum with 6 regular posters.

I’d rather be disliked on here, then be labelled as stupid, racist & hateful as leave voters are perceived.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21578 on: October 19, 2019, 11:00:04 PM »

Boris Johnson has sent a request to the EU for a delay to Brexit - but without his signature.

The request was accompanied by a second letter, signed by Mr Johnson, which says he believes that a delay would be a mistake.

The PM was required by law to ask the EU for an extension to the 31 October deadline after losing a Commons vote.

EU Council President Donald Tusk tweeted that he had received the extension request.

He did not provide details of its content, but added that he will now consult EU leaders "on how to react".

The two letters are also accompanied by a cover note from Sir Tim, explaining that the first letter complies with the law as agreed by Parliament.

The second letter from Mr Johnson - signed off this time - makes clear that he personally believes that a delay would be a mistake.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50112924

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21579 on: October 19, 2019, 11:01:24 PM »

Guess that's circumventing the Court.

Presumably this all means further legal challenges.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #21580 on: October 19, 2019, 11:23:56 PM »

Guess that's circumventing the Court.

Presumably this all means further legal challenges.

As if we haven't got enough to do....now we have to read up on Padfield 
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #21581 on: October 20, 2019, 02:23:01 AM »

You're such a tool.

Well done mate.

Don't say you didn't ask for this:

You're an unintelligent individual who is only capable of judging others by his own low standards.

You've made myriad assumptions about me and decided that I'm silly and hypocritical. At this point you might like to refer back to my previous comment about 'own low standards'?

How dare you tell me how I'd vote in any given set of circumstances and expect a reasoned response?

"You’d vote remain in a heartbeat if it suited your narrative and offered you incentives"       Well duh..... yeah........ Of course I f**king would....... In exactly the same way that you'd vote leave if it suited your narrative and offered you incentives.

How on earth does that make me hypocritical? Do you even know what the word means?

Cliffs: You're a tool.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #21582 on: October 20, 2019, 02:24:03 AM »

You're such a tool.

Well done mate.

Adz, I don’t care. This is a forum with 6 regular posters.

I’d rather be disliked on here, then be labelled as stupid, racist & hateful as leave voters are perceived.

Pretty sure Adz is none of those things. Where as I'm pretty sure you are!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21583 on: October 20, 2019, 08:09:07 AM »

The Prime Minister has sent the letter, the EU has accepted the letter.

Demonic Cummins has wasted some ink and paper on another couple of letters.

There should not be any court cases re Padfield, DC wants a people vs the elite election, no court battle diminishes this narrative.

Etonian educated Mr Johnson wants an election, he should probably get it, will win, 5 years later, labour would have a new leader and crush the tories and reverse nearly every policy including trade policy with the EU.

5 years after that when the tories win they will reverse course again. Etc etc etc

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #21584 on: October 20, 2019, 08:12:33 AM »

Weekend trading for the pound has seen traders react with disappointment over the passage of the Letwin proposal. This amendment raises the likeliness that we will see yet another extension, despite Boris Johnson’s claims that he would not support such an event.

For markets there are two factors in play here, with the beneficial effects of mitigating the potential for a no-deal scenario being overshadowed by the message this tells traders about Johnsons hopes of passing his bill. Much like his predecessor, Boris has grown used to rejection in Parliament, and with today’s Letwin vote seen as a proxy for the meaningful vote on his Brexit deal, markets are understandably treating this result with disappointment. The meaningful vote will likely take place this week, yet the failure to gain support from the DUP means that we are faced with another likely rejection and sterling decline. It has been clear that there is no majority in Parliament for anything other than opposition for a no-deal Brexit, and thus it is evident that Brexit could yet only occur once we have seen a general election.

A look at the weekend GBPUSD chart highlights the decline into 1.2750 support, which represents the low from Thursday. A break below that level would point towards further declines for the pound, which seem likely given the growing feeling that Johnson will fail when the vote is finally undertaken. For today, the question is whether we will see that level broken, as traders take stock amid a ‘Super Saturday’ that has been cut short.

Pages: 1 ... 1435 1436 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 1442 1443 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: