blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1507 1508 1509 1510 [1511] 1512 1513 1514 1515 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180346 times)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #22650 on: December 14, 2019, 09:28:19 AM »

What a night and a good start to the day with enjoyable short speeches by Gove and Johnson rejoicing in the determination of the British people to not be cowed by the remainiac movement.

Properly triumphalist in celebrating the British rejecting the lunacy of the antisemitic, identity obsessed, climate bandwagoning, Marxist economics of the Labour party and the anti democratic, smug, Waitrosian, gender self id ing Lib Dems. But clearly aware of a broader responsibility to those people voting Tory for the first time.

Those uplands look sunlit to me. I won't have to listen to Pidcock and Swinson for a while, Brexit will be done within a few weeks - the world will continue, the British economy will take off over the next few years.

Haven't felt like an election could really change things since Blair won in 1997 but this one will and I feel very optimistic.

The result showed Jonathan Ashworth to be more visionary than banterer. Hopefully Labour can collect themselves and replace hand wringing, whining, talking Britain down, obsession with grievance and identity politics and wild economic policy with something that can be seen as a viable alternative to the Tories

At moments like these you need a bit of Sir Ivan in your life  Wink

A very long read but I'm confident you will persevere. Enjoy.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/ivan-rogers-i-do-not-think-johnson-will-pivot-to-a-softer-brexit-general-election-conservative-majority

I've enjoyed reading his perspectives before but this was a very short read - did you put the wrong link in.

I did. Try this:

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/ivan-rogers-on-brexit-the-worst-is-yet-to-come-eu-trade-deal-boris-johnson-labour-election-speech-glasgow

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22651 on: December 14, 2019, 10:20:36 AM »

What a night and a good start to the day with enjoyable short speeches by Gove and Johnson rejoicing in the determination of the British people to not be cowed by the remainiac movement.

Properly triumphalist in celebrating the British rejecting the lunacy of the antisemitic, identity obsessed, climate bandwagoning, Marxist economics of the Labour party and the anti democratic, smug, Waitrosian, gender self id ing Lib Dems. But clearly aware of a broader responsibility to those people voting Tory for the first time.

Those uplands look sunlit to me. I won't have to listen to Pidcock and Swinson for a while, Brexit will be done within a few weeks - the world will continue, the British economy will take off over the next few years.

Haven't felt like an election could really change things since Blair won in 1997 but this one will and I feel very optimistic.

The result showed Jonathan Ashworth to be more visionary than banterer. Hopefully Labour can collect themselves and replace hand wringing, whining, talking Britain down, obsession with grievance and identity politics and wild economic policy with something that can be seen as a viable alternative to the Tories

At moments like these you need a bit of Sir Ivan in your life  Wink

A very long read but I'm confident you will persevere. Enjoy.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/ivan-rogers-i-do-not-think-johnson-will-pivot-to-a-softer-brexit-general-election-conservative-majority

I've enjoyed reading his perspectives before but this was a very short read - did you put the wrong link in.

I did. Try this:

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/ivan-rogers-on-brexit-the-worst-is-yet-to-come-eu-trade-deal-boris-johnson-labour-election-speech-glasgow

Thanks for the link, interesting stuff.
alanc

View Profile
« Reply #22652 on: December 14, 2019, 10:50:41 AM »

Excellent article. Thanks for posting.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22653 on: December 14, 2019, 01:29:09 PM »

I always find it amusing when from nowhere Diane Abbott is mentioned. It’s astonishing.

If a white MP had done what she had done, it wouldn’t have made the news or social media. The only reason Diane Abbott clangers make the news is because she black.

Shame on you.

Utter bellend.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22654 on: December 14, 2019, 01:52:34 PM »

I always find it amusing when from nowhere Diane Abbott is mentioned. It’s astonishing.

If a white MP had done what she had done, it wouldn’t have made the news or social media. The only reason Diane Abbott clangers make the news is because she black.

Shame on you.

No one here has made any racist comments whatsoever Aaron.

Perhaps you could alter the tone of your posts please.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22655 on: December 14, 2019, 02:49:51 PM »

Sure there will be lots of common ground here

https://mobile.twitter.com/nickluck/status/1204061829409828864

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #22656 on: December 14, 2019, 03:48:07 PM »

Sure there will be lots of common ground here

https://mobile.twitter.com/nickluck/status/1204061829409828864

Ridge on Sunday, Marr or Channings post mortem ......so much to wake up to  Smiley
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #22657 on: December 14, 2019, 10:16:35 PM »

Shame on you.

What a load of tosh Aaron. When I think of Diane Abbott, I don’t think black, I just think thick.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22658 on: December 14, 2019, 11:55:43 PM »

Shame on you.

What a load of tosh Aaron. When I think of Diane Abbott, I don’t think black, I just think thick.

You could label many MP’s as thick, but yet it’s only really Diane Abbott that gets the stick. Like I said, if she was white, she’d never get all the stick she receives on social media or in the media.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #22659 on: December 15, 2019, 12:22:02 AM »

lol the deleted posts, I guess there are some big baby labour remain mods that can’t deal with the expected bit of gentle gloating 
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22660 on: December 15, 2019, 12:29:22 AM »

lol the deleted posts, I guess there are some big baby labour remain mods that can’t deal with the expected bit of gentle gloating 

Not quite.

I did the deleting.

It was the calling people pricks and telling them to get a fucking life that didn't qualify as gentle gloating.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #22661 on: December 15, 2019, 12:55:46 AM »

Cool one big gloat them I’m done......although it wasn’t me that said that.

One of the reasons labour lost was because they were fking clueless and desperate with promises to give away the world, seriously what a joke? Shit in life isn’t free, the sooner people understand that the better. Who honestly believed what they were promising was deliverable without bankrupting the country? And god yes Abbot is a complete dimwit, she would even if she was black, white, brown, pink or whatever....

There was also the same sanctimonious finger pointing bollox that happened prior to the brexit vote, I’m convinced that got people’s backs up and got people out to vote in the opposite direction that the people spouting bollox wanted.

As for JC.....well I was delighted as long as he was there as I knew what the outcome would be, his disciples are blinkered. He’s trying to stick around to influence the next person who comes in and hope it’s a person who follows his principles.....I hope he does, take that as that being a terrible thing for labour if I want it. You need all the momentum crew fked off and a centre left person there.....otherwise forget it.

Finally.....ship it!! All the sanctimonious crew assuming their view was the majority view  

As JC says for the many not the few....as it turns out the conservatives are the many and labour are the few!!  

disco disco disco disco disco disco disco
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 01:07:04 AM by Woodsey » Logged
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22662 on: December 15, 2019, 01:14:14 AM »

I don't think there's anything there I disagree with.

engy

View Profile
« Reply #22663 on: December 15, 2019, 08:15:30 AM »

What is it your "Gloating " about ?  Because you voted Conservative and they won the election?

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #22664 on: December 15, 2019, 09:01:08 AM »

Cool one big gloat them I’m done......although it wasn’t me that said that.

One of the reasons labour lost was because they were fking clueless and desperate with promises to give away the world, seriously what a joke? Shit in life isn’t free, the sooner people understand that the better. Who honestly believed what they were promising was deliverable without bankrupting the country? And god yes Abbot is a complete dimwit, she would even if she was black, white, brown, pink or whatever....

There was also the same sanctimonious finger pointing bollox that happened prior to the brexit vote, I’m convinced that got people’s backs up and got people out to vote in the opposite direction that the people spouting bollox wanted.

As for JC.....well I was delighted as long as he was there as I knew what the outcome would be, his disciples are blinkered. He’s trying to stick around to influence the next person who comes in and hope it’s a person who follows his principles.....I hope he does, take that as that being a terrible thing for labour if I want it. You need all the momentum crew fked off and a centre left person there.....otherwise forget it.

Finally.....ship it!! All the sanctimonious crew assuming their view was the majority view  

As JC says for the many not the few....as it turns out the conservatives are the many and labour are the few!!  

disco disco disco disco disco disco disco

It’s a duller place on here when you don’t post.

Much more interesting when a wider variety of views are expressed. Even Aaron’s  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 1507 1508 1509 1510 [1511] 1512 1513 1514 1515 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: