blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:56:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272583 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Beer and clothing in Las Vegas: a brief photo diary
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beer and clothing in Las Vegas: a brief photo diary  (Read 22162 times)
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2015, 02:25:27 AM »

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2015, 02:29:33 AM »

Trayce the guide quietly suggested as we were leaving that the ride home might be more peaceful with one less on the bus.
A quick push sent her over, but the stubborn old mare climbed back up! Roll Eyes

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2015, 09:04:29 AM »

... eight  pairs of eyes looked at Sadie

Brilliant.

As was the description of seeing the Grand Canyon.

The whole report is liberally dosed with wonderfully descriptive writing and even though I don't know you, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this diary.

Please don't end this diary with the story of the flight home. Take inspiration from Tikay, his Vegas Diary is still going strong and approaching it's eighth anniversary.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2015, 09:12:24 AM »

Brilliant.

The whole report is liberally dosed with wonderfully descriptive writing and even though I don't know you, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this diary.

Please don't end this diary with the story of the flight home. Take inspiration from Tikay, his Vegas Diary is still going strong and approaching it's eighth anniversary.
Big +1 to this.

Embracing the variance.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2015, 10:50:55 AM »

Brilliant.

Big +1 to this.

Perfect post to an awesome diary.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2015, 10:52:30 AM »

Plus the pictures of you all at the canyon capture the road trip perfectly.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2015, 12:31:51 PM »

Brilliant.

Loving your writing. You give your dad a run for his money in wordsmithery.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2015, 12:51:12 PM »

Quote from: david3103 link=topic=65628.msg2062020#msg2062020 odate=1435737869

Brilliant.

Big +1 to this.

Perfect post to an awesome diary.

It really is nice of you all to take the time to post, as you may have noticed the more encouragment I've got the longer my pieces have been,  so be careful what you wish for!  Smiley

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2015, 03:27:27 PM »

This is an excellent diary.
I have very much enjoyed reading it.
It makes a very refreshing change from the meanderings of old men.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2015, 07:59:54 PM »

This is an excellent diary.
I have very much enjoyed reading it.
It makes a very refreshing change from the meanderings of old men.

Unfortunately, the above compliments are merely the meanderings of an old man.

The older I get, the better I was.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2015, 01:33:55 AM »

Brilliant.

Loving your writing. You give your dad a run for his money in wordsmithery.

That's a backhanded compliment if ever I've heard one Smiley

Enjoyed the diary also!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2015, 08:12:39 PM »

Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2015, 10:47:18 PM »

Sorry Nun, can't seem to get ten minutes to my self of late, I think my lot are still punishing me for leaving them to fend for themselves for a week.
Will do a bit more as soon as I can x

Mrs RED-DOG

Don't make me beg dahling...

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2015, 11:26:35 PM »

Trayce the guide quietly suggested as we were leaving that the ride home might be more peaceful with one less on the bus.
A quick push sent her over, but the stubborn old mare climbed back up! Roll Eyes

Mrs RED-DOG

Don't make me beg dahling...

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2015, 11:32:28 PM »

So,  back in the van and off we go, destination Seligman Arizona on Route 66, about 140 miles away passing through the Mojave desert. The hot dry desert. The desert with Rattlesnakes and Black widows and Tarantulas as our guide gleefully informs us, and a place so lacking in vegetation that a dozen stunted little trees have there own sign, Willow creek, and people slow down to look at them. 'They're there like that all year round!'
There was I, just gazing through the window at this amazing landscape that looked like the surface of another planet when our driver suddenly veered off the road and rumbled to a stop on the verge.
'Erm, sorry guy's, the van just lost all power. I don't know what has happened, but try not to worry, I'm just gonna step out and see can I get a signal to phone the office'
Try not to worry! WTF! Within 3 minutes of the air con going off, the temperature inside the van had started to climb to match the outside temp of 45 degrees.
After 6 minutes I was imagining who would play us on our episode of 'I shouldn't be a alive', Angelina Jolie for me obvs, someone like Kristen Stewart for Bridie and maybe Jackie Stallone could be persuaded to play mother, if she didn't have much on. 
Minute ten had me eyeing up Roger's Big Gulp and wondering if a Vulcan death grip would work on someone with a neck that resembled a sliced loaf. Thankfully, just then Trayce managed to get the van started again, and my near death experience was over. I made it. Well done me.

Unfortunately the van's problems meant that at first we tried to make the next service station to meet a replacement, but we cut out again, so after getting restarted once more they decided it was safer and quicker to head back to the last one and wait, which meant we had to do one 50 mile leg of the journey 3 times  Sad
But we got there eventually..

LOL xx

Grin      
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: