blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 09:58:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  redarmi Staking Issue: Sports betting
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: redarmi Staking Issue: Sports betting  (Read 72371 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 08, 2015, 11:04:05 PM »

i dont do business on credit.
So you've bunged 1600 to an escrow for your blatch lay?

I could name 4 big players in the game you would all know who owe me.  I won't because i want to get paid.
But they won't grim you because you've outed them, raising the alarm publicly just stops anyone else getting burned with their *ahem* liquidity problem. This is why I feel pads has done the community a favour by going public with this - more people should for the greater good of others who may get drawn into lending/investing money that they'll never see again. Otherwise it's like a big pyramid scheme with you higher up the chain than the poor sods below who have to wait longer to get repaid.

I hope you are requesting full proof of the £4k Mr Doyle 'lost', or just demanding in t all back anyway as he probably never made the losing bets to start with...

Thanks for the advice.  Much appreciated.  We are looking for a project manager to clear up the mess if you are interested pm me.  You are clearly qualified for it.

Hey, stop trolling couchboy/vouchboy/carbboy    Wink

adz does the jokes around here!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 09, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »

Looking back at the carnage itt arbboy do you think it would've been +ev to offer to "flick in" the bag of sand or whatever it was to pleno1? Sure ur arguments for not being "on the hook" are compelling but consider this...a) your rep would've been so golden b) pleno1 would refuse the offer and suggest u give it to the grimmer c) you've stated numerous times you expect the money to be repaid and d) you save yourself a shit load of typing

You may be right about not being on the hook but if the decision you made is -ev how is it a good decision??

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 09, 2015, 07:25:40 PM »

I actually wrote a pm to Redarmi a few months back. As someone else on here said, Red is Junior Hoiletts uncle by marriage.
I asked Red if it was possible to get into a QPR Fantasy Football League. Basically I wanted to see if it was possible for Junior to organise me to play against Joey Barton, Richard Dunne et al at Fantasy Football for as much money as they wanted, up to a point. Before approaching Red, I was thought to myself that I'd go up to £10k investment.
In the event Red never replied to me. I don't know if he wasn't interested or if he didn't see the message or what. But if he was doing a cash grab, he could have had an extra £10k if he just replied to a pm.

An unfortunate situation all round. I hope firstly everyone gets all the money back and also that Red comes out of this okay. I guess he's in a desperate situation.

haha course you did.

Can't wait for the battle for 2nd place in next years fantasy football 

A thread will be going up soon but was waiting for this shitstorm to die down.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: July 09, 2015, 07:52:25 PM »

http://i.imgur.com/wmlCPQn.gifv

The older I get, the better I was.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 09, 2015, 08:04:26 PM »

Looking back at the carnage itt arbboy do you think it would've been +ev to offer to "flick in" the bag of sand or whatever it was to pleno1? Sure ur arguments for not being "on the hook" are compelling but consider this...a) your rep would've been so golden b) pleno1 would refuse the offer and suggest u give it to the grimmer c) you've stated numerous times you expect the money to be repaid and d) you save yourself a shit load of typing

You may be right about not being on the hook but if the decision you made is -ev how is it a good decision??

There is nothing to consider.  My rep is triple A as far as I am concerned and anyone who deals with me business wise is concerned.  It is  pretty hard to improve a rep which involves never knocking anyone, slow paying anyone or borrowing from anyone during a long career in both poker and sports betting. Sorry to keep repeating this but that is what rep means to a pro gambler not whether all the fan boys love you.  If everyone on blonde thinks I am a knob I really couldn't care less.  From my dealings with numerous blondes financially I know this isn't the case but I will never be the best loved person here because it is not something I am here to achieve.

On top of that I have provided in excess of 25% of the TFT profits and an Roi in excess of 20% during this time totally free of charge to blonde users. Some highly expensive tipping services don't provide a service that good. I have only been an unbanned member of  blonde for half of the time TFT has existed as well just for clarity.

On top of that I have exposed two big sports betting scams which have helped to save numerous punters substantial amounts of money.

I don't come on blonde to make friends I come here to make money.  I know a lot of people really struggle to understand that because gambling to them is a hobby.  I understand that and respect that.  Gambling isn't a hobby to me.  Blonde is a marketing tool to me to get my action on via third parties similar to how certain people use social media.  In return said parties get my information to profit from themselves.  I give just enough on TFT to interest people on events where the price doesn't collapse once my action is on.  Nothing more nothing less.

If I had hard sold this plan to pads aggressively on behalf of stu rather than what actually happened which was pads cold calling me asking for my opinion on a staking plan that was already sold out effectively because if pads didn't take his % there were people already waiting in the wings to hoover it up then I might have felt like I was out of order. The bottom line is I hardly ever get involved in staking either way so when someone I don't know asks me for my opinion free of charge so they can potentially make a substantial amount of money from my information I don't feel remotely obliged to be responsible should the scheme go tits up.

Sorry to keep going round in circles but certain posters keep asking questions which are obvious to most readers and/or have already been answered.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 09, 2015, 08:14:57 PM »

The bottom line is I hardly ever get involved in staking either way

You said this ages ago in the thread, then started saying how only 1 in 500 (or something) of these type of deals go wrong and we only hear about this one instance. So which is it?
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: July 09, 2015, 08:16:26 PM »

Wish i could do that.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 09, 2015, 08:24:28 PM »

The bottom line is I hardly ever get involved in staking either way

You said this ages ago in the thread, then started saying how only 1 in 500 (or something) of these type of deals go wrong and we only hear about this one instance. So which is it?

Pretty simple really.  I can easily never get involved in staking personally either way but quite easily, via my contacts in the game, know what is happening staking wise and how often these things go wrong.  Not sure what your point is?  That i can't possibly know how many staking funds go 'wrong' because i don't personally get involved financially in them?

Do i know you personally just out of interest?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:29:09 PM by arbboy » Logged
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 09, 2015, 08:30:52 PM »

That is truly one of the greatest things i have ever seen
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 09, 2015, 08:56:59 PM »

That is truly one of the greatest things i have ever seen

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 09, 2015, 10:44:33 PM »

There is nothing to consider.  My rep is triple A as far as I am concerned and anyone who deals with me business wise is concerned.  It is  pretty hard to improve a rep which involves never knocking anyone, slow paying anyone or borrowing from anyone during a long career in both poker and sports betting. Sorry to keep repeating this but that is what rep means to a pro gambler not whether all the fan boys love you.  If everyone on blonde thinks I am a knob I really couldn't care less.  From my dealings with numerous blondes financially I know this isn't the case but I will never be the best loved person here because it is not something I am here to achieve.

On top of that I have provided in excess of 25% of the TFT profits and an Roi in excess of 20% during this time totally free of charge to blonde users. Some highly expensive tipping services don't provide a service that good. I have only been an unbanned member of  blonde for half of the time TFT has existed as well just for clarity.

On top of that I have exposed two big sports betting scams which have helped to save numerous punters substantial amounts of money.

I don't come on blonde to make friends I come here to make money.  I know a lot of people really struggle to understand that because gambling to them is a hobby.  I understand that and respect that.  Gambling isn't a hobby to me.  Blonde is a marketing tool to me to get my action on via third parties similar to how certain people use social media.  In return said parties get my information to profit from themselves.  I give just enough on TFT to interest people on events where the price doesn't collapse once my action is on.  Nothing more nothing less.

If I had hard sold this plan to pads aggressively on behalf of stu rather than what actually happened which was pads cold calling me asking for my opinion on a staking plan that was already sold out effectively because if pads didn't take his % there were people already waiting in the wings to hoover it up then I might have felt like I was out of order. The bottom line is I hardly ever get involved in staking either way so when someone I don't know asks me for my opinion free of charge so they can potentially make a substantial amount of money from my information I don't feel remotely obliged to be responsible should the scheme go tits up.

Sorry to keep going round in circles but certain posters keep asking questions which are obvious to most readers and/or have already been answered.

There's the trouble right there.

99.9% of all blonde members (basically everyone except you) come here for a laugh, to make friends and chat about stuff (usually poker, gambling and sport - but other things too). There is a comunity spirit.

Your personality doesn't fit in with the norm. And I can't blame the regulars in some of team threads for being pissed off with your presence there.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 09, 2015, 10:46:12 PM »

I might be thick but how do people make money from Blonde?

As I understand it, not even blonde makes money from blonde.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 09, 2015, 10:50:41 PM »

99.9% of all blonde members (basically everyone except you) come here for a laugh, to make friends and chat about stuff (usually poker, gambling and sport - but other things too). There is a comunity spirit.

Your personality doesn't fit in with the norm. And I can't blame the regulars in some of team threads for being pissed off with your presence there.

There are several others like me, imo of course.  Not going to name names but i think most people could guess who they are.  I enjoy chatting about sport/gambling etc but it is done predominately in order for make a profit.  I would also say i give more information than i take overall.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 09, 2015, 11:02:12 PM »

Pretty simple really.  I can easily never get involved in staking personally either way but quite easily, via my contacts in the game, know what is happening staking wise and how often these things go wrong.

But how can you know how often things go wrong when we all know how clandestine and cagey most people are (even in this case) the majority of time they get grimmed/not paid back for ages and ages?

Pretty simple really.  I can easily never get involved in staking personally either way but quite easily, via my contacts in the game, know what is happening staking wise and how often these things go wrong.  Not sure what your point is?  That i can't possibly know how many staking funds go 'wrong' because i don't personally get involved financially in them?

Do i know you personally just out of interest?

Not really...we've played poker together once - I bluffed you off a big hand and you weren't too impressed when I showed it   Grin
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 09, 2015, 11:03:08 PM »

There are several others like me, imo of course.  Not going to name names but i think most people could guess who they are.  I enjoy chatting about sport/gambling etc but it is done predominately in order for make a profit.  I would also say i give more information than i take overall.

You have given a lot of decent stuff, difficult to say whether it's more or less than you've taken, but very valuable nonetheless. I don't deny this.

But the friendly and trusting nature of this place is why blatch and boldie got away with what they did.

People may laugh at Blondepoker, but I like the fact we are so naive.

Means as group I like and trust more people here than any other forum I've ever been a member of.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: