blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:32:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lil dave's lil life
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lil dave's lil life  (Read 218359 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: March 13, 2017, 10:06:05 PM »

Such an interesting conversation I could blah all day about the aspiration/motivation thing, what we inherit from our parents and what we pass on to our kids.

I do know that I really wish I knew then what I know now in terms of my own parenting approach.

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 13, 2017, 10:26:29 PM »

When you came out the toilets in Vegas and ran into your old teacher I thought you were going to get off with her and was quite surprised/disappointed this didn't happen. Deffo detected a lot of sexual tension in the story.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 14, 2017, 01:30:34 AM »

When you came out the toilets in Vegas and ran into your old teacher I thought you were going to get off with her and was quite surprised/disappointed this didn't happen. Deffo detected a lot of sexual tension in the story.

She was actually there on her wedding anniversary, and yes I did say congratulations, I would never let an opportunity to be smarmy stand in the way of good well mannered social behaviour.

I didn't have sexual anything when i was 17 lol

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 14, 2017, 01:31:08 AM »

Such an interesting conversation I could blah all day about the aspiration/motivation thing, what we inherit from our parents and what we pass on to our kids.

I do know that I really wish I knew then what I know now in terms of my own parenting approach.

You are certainly someone I would be very interesting to hear the blah blah on this topic.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 14, 2017, 10:56:30 AM »

A++

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 16, 2017, 04:44:11 PM »

She was actually there on her wedding anniversary, and yes I did say congratulations, I would never let an opportunity to be smarmy stand in the way of good well mannered social behaviour.

I didn't have sexual anything when i was 17 lol

How did she react???!!!

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 18, 2017, 06:32:56 PM »

What was her name? I'm few years older than you but we went to same School
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 18, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »

What was her name? I'm few years older than you but we went to same School

Seriously? That's insane. This is probably over the edge paranoid but i'll discuss with you over PM because i have sort of slagged the women off a bit and I feel miles more comfortable doing it anonymously!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 31, 2017, 03:59:21 PM »

Hey everyone 

No updates here, been loads to update on too, but to be honest I've been struggling to get my head round everything that's been going on myself so wouldn't have had a chance to get it down in words!

Here's whats been going down...!

WORK

When I first moved to London I was a little unsure what was going to go down, I was a bit worried as liquid cash flow wasn't at it's peak and firing 25 bags of in the front for rent, Laura not working and the inevitable increase in living expenses with a move down south, which by the way is quite hugely over-stated (more on that later) I was strongly considering full time work with a hospitality business. Had a very real offer from a big consultancy company down here, and a really interesting discussion with Uber eats but ultimately I decided that I am going to do what I do and just trust in my ability to keep things ticking over whilst Laura gets sorted and my other revenue tree's start to bear some fruit.

As it turns out it's been a great decision as things really kicked off, the biggest thing has been the betting site.

Betting Site!

For those who don't know, last year I was (a small) part of a team who launched a betting site in east europe, the site started fine although I was such an insignificant part of the process I found it pretty frustrating. At the turn of the year a divide formed in the group and the group running it effectively split, I had the choice to keep my shares or sell and join the new team... The main person leaving was my biggest ally in the group and, imo, the most effective person professionally, so as soon as they offered me a more hands on role in the day - to - day of the site (along with significantly higher %) then I snapped it off, the new site, launches on Friday Smiley

Getting it all set up, handling all the software and merchant deals planning the marketing etc has been great fun feeling very happy about how it's looking, I don't expect to see a return on the investments for a fair while as the initial costs of acquiring your customers is pretty intense - building a 10k player database will cost easily more than £1m but we've timed it great and hopefully we'll be FLYING for the start of the football season!! Going to have some very good promo's on too i'll post more later on and try get you all involved.

My main role in the site is the back of house commercial stuff and it's been a big learning curve for me, one I am enjoying. We've been taking action on the BETA version and it's been PRETTTTTTTTTTY swingy. (Had a horrible reverse 7figure£ sweat on the masters) which was far from enjoyable.

I'm not going to share the site with you just yet as it's not up and running yet, but come launch date i'll show you all Smiley  We have a pretty good trading model so if anyone wants an account with a bookie that will actually give you some action... let me know Smiley This project also involves pretty frequent trips to istanbul which is great (more on that later!)

Sports Betting

Since being so involved in the building of the new site, I've become very involved in trading models from both sides and teamed up with a fellow young blonde member to look at some sports betting from the customers side... It's been great, we've done some pretty big turnover betting sports this year and some savage swings. It's fun, always something to sweat and the darts has been particularly fun!

Hospitality

Found myself quite inundated with work offers since being in London, from all angles - some betting sites, hotels, restaurants, on trade hospitality companies and even for some writing offers. I wanted to keep focus mostly on the betting sites and sports betting as those two things are both pretty intense and also run side by side, but at the same time I felt pretty good about keeping my toes in the water with some hospitality work so when things are frustrating in gambling I have some more steady work to settle my head.

I have to be selective about what I take on, which is a pretty lucky position to be in, so I select the work based on what sounds the most fun and what will fit in best with my schedule. The two jobs I picked recently was some work for a yorkshire Gin company doing some promotional work down here in London, Gin Evenings etc which is just 1 million miles up my street, love the products, love the people, love doing public speaking stuff like that, charging them a very modest fee and would actually do it for free!

Second project was a funny one... It all started a few months back I got a call from a Lady who I've been doing little jobs for down here who runs a hospitality consultancy business, she is fantastic and has been a great help to me since moving here.

"Hey David, hotel client of mine just rang, they want to open a Tapas restaurant on site and need a feasibility study doing, that something you can do?"

"Yeh, absolutely."

First thing I did next was get onto wikipedia and find out wtf a "feasibility study" is. Upon discovering that it is basically as it sounds (a study of the feasibility of a project - good to double check though!) I got stuck in, managed to thoroughly convince the hotel manager I was a top pro at feasibility studies and beat a few other people to gig.  The study went great, and the hotel manager was kind enough to show me the feasibility study that had been done internally which meant I even got a template for it Wink I've put in a quote with the consultant lady to work on the implementation of the restaurant and i've grown so fond of the project I really hope I get it.

Enjoyed this one, bit of "in the street" working which is how I grew up Tongue

Super Top Secret

Going to do a pleno on you all here, and say that I'm also involved in another massive project that has huge potential but I can't say anything about it...usually I would just not mention it but works for BiTB so i'll have a go.

London Life

Absolutely LOVING it down here in london, I actually have more friends down here than I do in Leeds these days, seeing lots of my friends, went for a lunchtime drink with Tom and Jake the other day which turned into a 5am return home (laura was not overly impressed Tongue ) and i've not done that in a LONG time, I always really enjoy having out with Jake, Tom, Franky etc people who I was friends with right at the start of the gambling career before millions were won (and lost Wink ) when we talk about some of the things we used to get up to I can't help but find it hilarious!

Had a funny incident the other day, Laura has made some new friends in London and we were invited to there house for a BBQ recently...I was on my best behaviour and being thoroughly charming and I'm sure everyone was thinking I'm great...

THEN...

We're leaving, I've had a few Rum&Cokes, on a bit of a high from my tip-top social performance and the couple (the new friends) are talking about plans for Monday night...the girl mentions meeting at 7:30 and the guy reacts in such a strange way, as if 7:30 was a ridiculous time to suggest meeting...

She says "whats wrong with 7:30"

I decided to go with "Who's gonna be making his dinner?"

Went down HORRRRRRRRRRRRRENDOUS, Laura had to pipe up with "he's not really sexist" which is EXACTLY what a women repressed by her partners relentless misogyny would say...

Whoops.

LIFE

Everything else is going great, making a lot of trips to Istanbul to meet with my partners in the betting site and discuss business things, I really love the city and feel very happy there - not the safest place in the world but I stay in Besiktas which is (imo) one of the nicest parts. Very, very beautiful city steeped in history and heritage, and turkish people are typically very honourable and proud people. I am trying to learn Turkish also which is fun but also really fucking hard for me.

Anyone else had success learning a second language? Turkish is (according to my turkish friends) a pretty straightforward language - Laura is multi lingual and finds picking up words in new languages really easy...for me a staunchly uni-lingual (is that a word?) Brit i'm finding it really really hard... Been a dream for a decade to speak a second langage and to be honest it's kind of criminally lazy I didn't make it happen yet - lots of time, and lots of travel from 20-25, with a vast array of friends from different countries...really shouldn't have been that hard for me. I think some things come easy and hard to certain people and this is one thing that is really tough on me... I will be very proud if I manage to pull this off.

That's it, that's me, lots of going on, loving life, money coming and going - moving to London remains a great move and I am VERY excited for the rest of the year...ESPECIALLY for the start of the football season and even more so for the many, many upcoming darts tournaments!

Any questions? Any advice for me? Any comments? Love to hear it all.

David.

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 31, 2017, 04:41:38 PM »

Any 10/1 mvg to win promos on the new site?
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #535 on: May 31, 2017, 05:26:03 PM »

Terrific post , glad things are going well for you.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 31, 2017, 05:44:09 PM »

Good stuff David. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 31, 2017, 05:50:19 PM »

Any 10/1 mvg to win promos on the new site?

Absolutely fucking not!

Myself and my partner we discussing just yday how well we've done this season on the darts in opposing MVG, obviously the nature of the way the markets form around him we often find ourselves looking to benefit from MVG losing, which is a bit shit considering he wins all the time Tongue We concluded we have done quite well.

PW and Chizzy between them missed 12 darts to best him costing a high amount... The PL was the biggest burn ever, not only did we lose the LAY mvg for the comp bet, the PW in the final bet but I was well in the hunt in the Ipools pool and I had MVG not to win and the winning double to be double 8!!!!!! You can't write this stuff Tongue

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 31, 2017, 05:50:37 PM »

Terrific post , glad things are going well for you.

Cheers!

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 01, 2017, 10:31:27 AM »

Great read Dave, very interesting.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: