blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:34:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lil dave's lil life
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lil dave's lil life  (Read 218367 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: January 30, 2018, 08:22:24 PM »

+10000, Tal.

Just caught up on this now, and what a great read.

Congrats, and all the best!

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 30, 2018, 08:30:10 PM »

Catching up on all this has just made my day.... And we've never even met!

Congrats!

You're an inspirational character, SuperDave, and I wish you & the future Mrs all the very best.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 30, 2018, 08:39:27 PM »

Congrats Young David.  Glar it is all worjing out for you in that London place.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 31, 2018, 05:42:25 PM »

Thailand

I'll fire a few holiday pics in here, been lucky to visit many great places last ten years but its been a long time since I went anywhere I really, really wanted to go to just as a holiday. Thailand one place both me and Laura really wanted to go to for a while. I love the food and pretty much anyone who ever been tells me its great, and now I'm one of them. It's fantastic if you never been I'd enthusiastically recommend it.

Had 3 steps planned to the holiday, first step was to the North to a city called Chiang Mai which is slightly up in the mountains. Lots of temples, lots of nice food, the hotel we stayed in was fantastic arguably the best hotel I ever stayed, lots of lovely touches, make your own cocktail (every day they brought the ingredients and instructions to you) particularly interesting thought was the room layout!

As you walk in, you got bedroom on the left, living room on the right. In the middle of this, encased by plain glass windows and therefore utterly visable to every part of the room, is the bathroom, closed off partially by 2 sliding doors to either side. Right in the middle of the bathroom there is a balcony, and that's where you find the bathtub! They seem to kinda like this open plan toilet/shower stuff in Thailand, not really sure why, going to the toilet, even between couples is surely a fairly private affair and I'd be surprised if anyone would find it that comfortable being totally on display - perhaps I'm just a crusty, puridsh old brit Smiley

Best day of Chiang Mai (and strong contender for best day - or at least, second best day, of the trip) was a trip to the Elephant sanctuary in the jungle. We went to reception and said we wanna see some elephants, they booked for us and we had absolutely no idea what we'd actually be doing is washing/feeding/hanging our with them all day! As he was explaining how messy and dirty and hands on it was gonna be I was thinking to myself... "fuck, I wish i'd had my tetanus shots"

Anyway was truly amazing experience, will never forget it. We started out with what has to be described as one of the most unforgettable lunches I've ever had!!

Click to see full-size image.

This last Elephant was incredibly pregnant! 2 years an elephant pregnancy takes, this one 14 months in, you could feel the baby moving around was quite something. Full day we spent feeding, walking about with them, gave them a mud bath, a shower and even moisturised them!

After Chiang Mai we headed to Koi Samui for some sunshine! The resort was out of this world, we had our own private villa with pool etc

Unfortunately when we got there...

Funny picture Tongue

This was less than 6 feet away from me!

Dont wanna bore you all with tons of pics Tongue was 16 best days of my life, weather ended up great in Koi Samui, got engaged, saw amazing things, ate amazing food - had a £120 Japenease steak one night and the next night I had some sort of pork something in a bag that cost 60p (and was bloody delicious!)

Since getting back I've got really ill which is not ideal as I have 1000 things to do! And its raining. Back to reality eh Smiley

my friends are getting married in Vegas in July so thats the next holiday, big downswing whilst I was away (betting/bitcoin - god bitcoin!!! general business) so gotta get back earning!

Thanks for all nice messages on here and in private about my engagement, people have said really nice things about me and it's amazing to hear. I'm really very very happy at the moment and more determined than ever to make sure i buikd the kind of life i've dreamt of for me and Laura, my soon to be wife! Mad writing it down.

mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 31, 2018, 05:52:41 PM »

Congrats - great ellie pics - thailand one of my top 5 countries always great food and nice people.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #665 on: January 31, 2018, 06:14:00 PM »

WAL

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 07, 2018, 01:40:52 PM »

the elephants was a really cool experience.

They are kinda scary because they are bloody massive, but once yu spent a bit of time with them you see they are real gentle things, the baby elephant was very excitable and charging about all over, but the adults basocally didn't seem to mind you walking about them at all, just getting on with business (eating grass pretty much) and walking about.

Next door to the elephants is a banana plantation which is something of a dream for elephants, there is no fence or anything, the guys looking after them "Mahoot" they are called, have to stop them going in... one of them had a go at it and it was funny watching a 5ft9 thai guy wrestle a 3.5tonne elephant but fair play to the lad the elephant listened!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #667 on: February 07, 2018, 01:59:10 PM »

I watched this dozens of times -Love the Elephants.

https://www.facebook.com/HoodmemesHoodlife/videos/330423260797672/

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 07, 2018, 02:10:44 PM »

haha incredible!!

If that doesn't put a smile on your face then nothing much can save you.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 07, 2018, 03:45:43 PM »

the elephants was a really cool experience.

They are kinda scary because they are bloody massive, but once yu spent a bit of time with them you see they are real gentle things, the baby elephant was very excitable and charging about all over, but the adults basocally didn't seem to mind you walking about them at all, just getting on with business (eating grass pretty much) and walking about.

Next door to the elephants is a banana plantation which is something of a dream for elephants, there is no fence or anything, the guys looking after them "Mahoot" they are called, have to stop them going in... one of them had a go at it and it was funny watching a 5ft9 thai guy wrestle a 3.5tonne elephant but fair play to the lad the elephant listened!

Not for the first time in my life, I have elephant based regret.

Was in Thailand the other year and my mate really wanted to do the trekking. I wasn't fussed but went along with it. Found it to be a pretty sad experience (they weren't mistreated or anything, at least not that we saw, but to see these magnificent animals in those surroundings was a little depressing)

Really wished we'd done the washing and hanging out with them thing instead, looks like a much more fun environment and experience for both people and animal.

Love Thailand so I'm sure I'll go back again in the future and right my elephant wrongs Smiley

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 07, 2018, 04:30:45 PM »

".....Thanks Teacake, you owe me breakfast btw - TIKAY SCAM BREAKFAST thread going up any day...."

What? WHAT?

I took you to Breakfast at Grand Lux in Venetian.

Surely you remember that Chompy gatecrashed it, wearing a football shirt - and a PETERBOROUGH football shirt of all things.

Never been so embarrassed in my life.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 08, 2018, 08:04:33 AM »

Gratz lil Dave, nicely done, wp wp

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 08, 2018, 12:06:08 PM »

".....Thanks Teacake, you owe me breakfast btw - TIKAY SCAM BREAKFAST thread going up any day...."

What? WHAT?

I took you to Breakfast at Grand Lux in Venetian.

Surely you remember that Chompy gatecrashed it, wearing a football shirt - and a PETERBOROUGH football shirt of all things.

Never been so embarrassed in my life.

In our last conversation via PM, you agreed we would meet for breakfast Smiley you don't owe me the breakfast you owe me the breakfast company!!!
Waiting Tongue

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 10, 2018, 04:32:11 PM »

punching

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 18, 2018, 06:06:24 PM »

punching

yup Smiley Laura done very well.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 52 Go Up Print