blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:44:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535794 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: January 24, 2017, 01:44:02 PM »

100% trying a 1RM bench. Looking forward to it, as I wouldn't try it often unless I had faith in the spotter.

Definitely want to see an effort rep at the very least on your DL, may not be the 'true' 1RM. But could to see where it is at its heaviest/safest.

75kg is a big boy. Not sure that one is getting off the ground, but cant pass up the opportunity to try!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: January 24, 2017, 09:12:05 PM »

Squats again today, feel weird to do them 4 days apart and didn't feel totally recovered, which seems a bit lame when some people are doing them everyday.

But good session

3x5 110 again with a touch more control perhaps.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: January 25, 2017, 01:29:41 AM »

Been back for about a week, and still having problems with pressing.

Last week it was sore on the incline bench, but fine on hammer press. This week, incline bench was ok, and I couldn't press out once I had dropped back to my chest on the hammer.

Other than that everything is ok though, and glad to be back in there, if only to get out of the house every day Smiley

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: January 25, 2017, 10:06:56 AM »

Last week it was sore on the incline bench, but fine on hammer press. This week, incline bench was ok, and I couldn't press out once I had dropped back to my chest on the hammer.

Other than that everything is ok though, and glad to be back in there, if only to get out of the house every day Smiley

From what I've seen your training seems to be very on and off so being back for a week and "still having problems" isn't really a big surprise. Every time you start back you're starting again and it's not going to get easier.

Only advice would be to take it ridiculously slow. It's a long game and there's no rush to be pushing the weights you eventually want to achieve.

Be nice to get some consistency at some point..... You're close.....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: January 25, 2017, 10:10:26 AM »

100% trying a 1RM bench. Looking forward to it, as I wouldn't try it often unless I had faith in the spotter.

Definitely want to see an effort rep at the very least on your DL, may not be the 'true' 1RM. But could to see where it is at its heaviest/safest.

75kg is a big boy. Not sure that one is getting off the ground, but cant pass up the opportunity to try!

Up to 65kg for 10 this morning as planned. Did 2 x 10 @ 60kg then 3 x 10 @ 65kg.

Nice and easy as you'd expect and as before just focussed on form and maintaining tension. I put a bit of thought in to what I might be able to pull with the same form and I think it's around the 100kg mark at the moment. Will definitely give it a go even though it goes against my current plan a little bit. One day off won't hurt I guess....

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: January 25, 2017, 10:29:39 AM »

Stop pressing Smiley

I hear you about getting out though, from my experience and talking to others whenever people work from home it becomes a sanctuary in itself to get moving.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: January 25, 2017, 10:31:15 AM »

One day off won't hurt I guess....

Famous last words.

I think BW for reps in a DL is about right though for most people.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: January 25, 2017, 01:49:33 PM »

From what I've seen your training seems to be very on and off so being back for a week and "still having problems" isn't really a big surprise. Every time you start back you're starting again and it's not going to get easier.

Only advice would be to take it ridiculously slow. It's a long game and there's no rush to be pushing the weights you eventually want to achieve.

The only break of more than a week I've had was over xmas, and other than that I've been in 4x almost every week... Diet on the other hand, consistency is definitely something I need to improve on Smiley

Stop pressing Smiley

I hear you about getting out though, from my experience and talking to others whenever people work from home it becomes a sanctuary in itself to get moving.

Yeah, that's what we're going to do, until I can get it looked at properly.

Definitely easy to get into a rut, and I only ever used to go out for hospital/dr appointments.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: January 25, 2017, 06:31:52 PM »

The only break of more than a week I've had was over xmas, and other than that I've been in 4x almost every week... Diet on the other hand, consistency is definitely something I need to improve on Smiley

If you're not on here telling us about it as far as I'm concerned it's not happening Wink

Where are you getting problems on your chest workouts? Was it your forearm? A tendon type issue similar to my own? Is it still the same thing?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: January 25, 2017, 09:55:39 PM »

If you're not on here telling us about it as far as I'm concerned it's not happening Wink

Where are you getting problems on your chest workouts? Was it your forearm? A tendon type issue similar to my own? Is it still the same thing?

Haha, I'm definitely lazy on the tip-tapping things out, so will endeavour to start doing that again regularly.

It's weird, because the week before last I had problems on BB Incline Bench, and Hammer Press was fine. This week BB Inc was fine, and Hammer Press was painful.

There is a shoulder press machine in the gym now, and that gave me the same pain down the top/back of my tricep that the bench had.

The forearm pain is noticeable when i turn my palm inwards/thumb down. I've been trying to stretch it out, by holding my arm out in front of me, and pulling the fingers towards me at different angles.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: January 26, 2017, 01:45:37 AM »

I've very recently tried to throw in a couple of healthier evening meals a week instead of my usual curry, rice and pitta bread. It's not about trying to lose weight or anything, just to try to get a bit more veg in and also just have a bit of a change.

They do a 600g mixed veg roasting tin at the local supermarket. It's expensive at £3 but I can stick it in the oven with zero prep before I take the dog out then add my chicken when I get back and everything's ready by the time I've finished my evening stretching.

I've had a look back through the thread to compare this to my curry and it's quite a difference.

Curry was:

1076 calories
127.6g carbs
75.5g protein
21.5g fat

New meal is:

250g chicken - 265, 0, 60, 1
600g veg - 294, 45, 6, 6
70g gravy pot - Not a lot of anything

Totals

559 calories
45g carbs
66g protein
7g fat

So it's half the calories. loads better on carbs and fat but not sacrificing too much protein. I'm going to try to have this twice per week and probably squeeze in an extra scoop of peanut butter and an extra scoop in one of my protein shakes to bump up the protein a bit whilst still keeping the calories lower than before.

I love finding meals like this. They can make huge differences and it'll really come in to its own if I decide to cut at some point.

Not sure how it'll affect training but I'll just keep an eye on things and see how I feel. Can't imagine it being bad at all to be honest as nutritionally it's better pretty much everywhere.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: January 26, 2017, 01:34:44 PM »

I've very recently tried to throw in a couple of healthier evening meals a week instead of my usual curry, rice and pitta bread. It's not about trying to lose weight or anything, just to try to get a bit more veg in and also just have a bit of a change.

They do a 600g mixed veg roasting tin at the local supermarket. It's expensive at £3 but I can stick it in the oven with zero prep before I take the dog out then add my chicken when I get back and everything's ready by the time I've finished my evening stretching.

I've had a look back through the thread to compare this to my curry and it's quite a difference.

Curry was:

1076 calories
127.6g carbs
75.5g protein
21.5g fat

New meal is:

600g veg - 294, 45, 6, 6

Totals

559 calories
45g carbs
66g protein
7g fat

So it's half the calories. loads better on carbs and fat but not sacrificing too much protein. I'm going to try to have this twice per week and probably squeeze in an extra scoop of peanut butter and an extra scoop in one of my protein shakes to bump up the protein a bit whilst still keeping the calories lower than before.

I love finding meals like this. They can make huge differences and it'll really come in to its own if I decide to cut at some point.

Not sure how it'll affect training but I'll just keep an eye on things and see how I feel. Can't imagine it being bad at all to be honest as nutritionally it's better pretty much everywhere.

All over roasted veg at the minute. Only possible difference it could make is in overall adherence on other days, but I am pretty sure thats not a problem you will suffer with.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1827 on: January 26, 2017, 01:40:32 PM »

Curry was:

1076 calories
127.6g carbs
75.5g protein
21.5g fat

New meal is:

600g veg - 294, 45, 6, 6

Totals

559 calories
45g carbs
66g protein
7g fat

You do know that you can buy vegetables individually , right ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: January 26, 2017, 04:21:42 PM »

Deadstop rows

3x5 92.5-95. Feeling good still

4x8 OHP 52.5, feeling very heavy. Some ugly 8th reps there.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: January 26, 2017, 06:02:30 PM »

You do know that you can buy vegetables individually , right ?

I spotted what looked like separated versions of the items I'd purchased but it all appeared to be covered in dirt.

What's that all about?!

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: