blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:31:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534145 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: March 19, 2017, 07:17:40 PM »

Better day today probably helped by an extra hour or two of sleep.

Steady squats up to 80kg for 6 and then some more heavy deadlift singles.

Managed 2 x 1 at 150kg which is a PB. Close to my limit on those now so I'll try it again once more then go back to volume work for a few weeks.

Those two heavy single deadlifts absolutely fried my lower back, glutes, hamstrings and hips. Nothing was injured but I've really struggled for a few days and only just started to feel right again today.

I definitely need to plan the heavy lifts for my final session of the week to give me plenty of recovery time before the next session.

I think next week I'll do a light lower day on the Tuesday and then try to slip in a few heavy sets on the Thursday or Friday giving me a full weekend to recover before upper again on the Monday.

Loving putting some reasonable numbers up for deadlift at last but it's bloody taxing! 200 here we come.......

Seems a good plan, or try to time heavy DLs on a day you know your KCALs are gonna be higher?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 20, 2017, 10:47:47 PM »

Worked my way up with overhead squats today. I reckon I have done about 100-150 in my life, so I am pretty inexperienced.

Went

6 @ 50
4 @ 60
2 @ 70

Then tried another set at 70 to get 3, but ditched it after one as I lost stability. Slight alignment issues that I need to work on, but really pleased as if I get to 77.5 thats the most I have gone over heard ever.

Split squats 3x5 50, really want to make a dent into the 100 mark this time around, anywhere around the 65-70 would be awesome.

Good overall lower body day,

RDLS

4x8 105 really looking for some speed on the way up.

3x8 Fronts 70, felt pretty tired at this point, but want to get back to 80 there

Some nordics, extension and calf raises to finish. About an hour in total, but good to get a solid session in.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 22, 2017, 01:28:04 PM »

Some good numbers posted there Harvey.

Overhead squats are absolutely badass. I'll never even try them in case I fall over but so much respect for anybody who can do them properly.

I've taken on board what you said about calories on heavy deadlift day. It's not something I'd really considered to be honest but it obviously makes sense.

I had a weigh in yesterday and I'm slightly down on a month or so ago. I think it's partly due to a few real life stresses and that's spilling over in to training a bit as well. Going to bang in a few curries to get things sorted.

Training isn't going too bad. Decent upper session yesterday and then a steady lower today. Still suffering a bit with my left hip/glute/quad but I've had physio today which hopefully has addressed it.

Break tomorrow, training Friday/Saturday and then in to the bench programme starting Monday. Looking forward to seeing how that goes again.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: March 22, 2017, 10:16:28 PM »

Done nothing but drink Coronas & Mojitos last week, and far too much red meat.

Went for a sports massage on my arm/shoulder today. The chap said that it looked like I had just strained the tendons, so it should hopefully hurt a bit tomorrow, and be fine for when I start back training on Monday.

3 months until Vegas, so hoping for a solid run, and hopefully trim some more timber off.

NB. Crutches and wet paving don't mix too well, as I found when doing my best Ronaldo impression coming out of his office this morning Cheesy

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 22, 2017, 10:50:47 PM »

Overhead squats are absolutely badass. I'll never even try them in case I fall over but so much respect for anybody who can do them properly.

I've taken on board what you said about calories on heavy deadlift day. It's not something I'd really considered to be honest but it obviously makes sense.

I had a weigh in yesterday and I'm slightly down on a month or so ago. I think it's partly due to a few real life stresses and that's spilling over in to training a bit as well. Going to bang in a few curries to get things sorted.

Training isn't going too bad. Decent upper session yesterday and then a steady lower today. Still suffering a bit with my left hip/glute/quad but I've had physio today which hopefully has addressed it.

Break tomorrow, training Friday/Saturday and then in to the bench programme starting Monday. Looking forward to seeing how that goes again.

Struggling today and yesteryear, incredibly stiff. Really enjoyed the session though, might just have to reign it in a bit so I don't hobble around my entire life. Hopefully all good for legs tomorrow. Want to work up to a heavy few on DL.

Always try to get most KCAL in around leg day, well carbs primarily.

Interested to see where your bench will get to!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: March 22, 2017, 10:51:33 PM »

Went for a sports massage on my arm/shoulder today. The chap said that it looked like I had just strained the tendons, so it should hopefully hurt a bit tomorrow, and be fine for when I start back training on Monday.

3 months until Vegas, so hoping for a solid run, and hopefully trim some more timber off.

NB. Crutches and wet paving don't mix too well, as I found when doing my best Ronaldo impression coming out of his office this morning Cheesy

Are you a full time crutch user?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: March 23, 2017, 12:00:21 AM »

Yeah, whenever I go outside the house I use crutches.

I can just about bounce off the walls around the house, and sometimes the floor Smiley

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: March 23, 2017, 01:35:01 AM »

Not much to update with me, just plodding along getting strength back up to somewhere where it was before i went travelling.

I plan to find myself a PT soon. I'm moving to Somerset and will have more money/time on my hands, hopefully giving me an opportunity to get my training to click a bit more. Any tips on what i should be looking for in terms of ensuring i get myself a good one?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: March 23, 2017, 01:37:55 AM »

Not much to update with me, just plodding along getting strength back up to somewhere where it was before i went travelling.

I plan to find myself a PT soon. I'm moving to Somerset and will have more money/time on my hands, hopefully giving me an opportunity to get my training to click a bit more. Any tips on what i should be looking for in terms of ensuring i get myself a good one?

Go see Rob Harris @ Progress Gym in Yeovil.

Superb guy, who is extremely knowledgeable, and if travelling wasn't such a hassle for me, I'd be training there myself.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: March 23, 2017, 11:12:53 AM »

I can just about bounce off the walls around the house, and sometimes the floor Smiley

It is genuinely amazing seeing you post these numbers, and then speak about day to day life.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: March 23, 2017, 11:14:33 AM »

If someone says 'this is the way' 'you have to do X' or things like that, I always get wary as it is just n=1 and it worked for them. But just give someone a go at take it from there. If anything it will help get you in a rhythm.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 23, 2017, 04:35:42 PM »

It is genuinely amazing seeing you post these numbers, and then speak about day to day life.

I'm lucky, in that bar my core, from the waist up everything works quite normally.

Obviously causes some problems when I need to incorporate legs/core for bench etc.

Hopefully they'll start doing lower body transplants soon Grin

Feel like the sports massage guy has absolutely battered my arm/shoulder, which he did say would be the case in the following day or two.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 26, 2017, 02:08:05 PM »

Struggling today and yesteryear, incredibly stiff. Really enjoyed the session though, might just have to reign it in a bit so I don't hobble around my entire life. Hopefully all good for legs tomorrow. Want to work up to a heavy few on DL.

Always try to get most KCAL in around leg day, well carbs primarily.

Interested to see where your bench will get to!

I started the 6 week bench programme today having decided that Saturday or Sunday are best as it gives me more time to get through everything.

It's quite a tough workout starting with 4 x 10 db press up to 30kg super set with 4 x 10 BoR at 30kg for a warm up.

On to bench and it was 20 @20kg, 10 @40kg, 6 @ 60kg, 3 @ 80kg, 2 @ 90kg and then in to my proper sets starting at 100kg.

The idea with this programme is that you never miss a rep and you're never really in significant danger of missing a rep. Also rep number 20 should look the same as rep number 1. I can't say that was the case today....

it was 4 x 6 @ 100kg with a pause on every rep. Have to admit the pauses weren't as long as they should've been some just being standard reps.

After that it's up to 105kg for 3 x 3 again with a pause. These were a lot easier and were much better reps so I was pleased with those.

Finished off with 4 tri-sets of tricep pushdown in to face pull in to pull ups. Fun times Smiley

I've made a decision to consciously increase my calories whilst I'm on this programme. It's very taxing and banging in some extra calories should help. I won't be measuring but I'll add a few thing in here and there so I know I'm getting more than normal. Started today by adding 100g of sausage and 200ml of milk to my after training meal which bumped that up to 900 from 600 calories.

Week two is 5 x 5 at 100kg. Hoping that will be a bit easier after what I've done this week.

Overall target is to hit 140kg again at the end of the cycle but for a cleaner rep than last time. If there's more there I'll go for it but 140kg is the plan.

We shall see......

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: March 26, 2017, 02:51:21 PM »

I thought the last 140 you did was pretty dam clean!

Love a bit of pause work at the minute I have to be honest. I think it can be so helpful to teach control of the movement and overcome some weaker/sticking points. Some big numbers right there.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: March 29, 2017, 12:02:45 AM »

I thought the last 140 you did was pretty dam clean!

Love a bit of pause work at the minute I have to be honest. I think it can be so helpful to teach control of the movement and overcome some weaker/sticking points. Some big numbers right there.

Can't believe how much my chest was aching Monday and also a little bit still today. Clearly it was a tough session but I'm ready for a light upper tomorrow.

I took Monday off then did a nice steady lower session today. Leg press very light but really deep to try to help a hip impingement I've got. Squats just up to 80kg for 5. Easy RDL up to 60kg and then 3 x 3 deadlift at 100kg.

All felt very easy but still felt like I'd benefitted from it nicely.

I'm eating like a pig at the moment which should help recovery. Saw a silent Mike tip on how to improve your bench; 1, eat more. 2, eat more. Okay I get the point.

Sleep is shit and could really do with improving. Unfortunately it's always been shit and I can't see how it's going to change any time soon so I'll just have to deal with it.

I'm actually feeling incredibly confident at the moment about the bench and also my deadlift. Those 3 x 3 today were very easy so that really helped after I fried myself doing some 150kg singles. Few weeks of 100kg triples and I reckon I'll be good for 170kg or so on test day.

Any updates from anyone else?

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: