blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:57:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 533537 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: April 02, 2017, 05:21:29 PM »

I was going to say that you might not spot the machine first time through Cheesy

Doesn't look like it would be cheap, that's for sure.

Be well worth the money though mate. Those glutes!!

Cheesy

I find the female training vlogs are good for picking up glute/hamstrings exercises, as they seem to focus on them a lot.

There is also the other added benefit that they're not big bearded hulks, too.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: April 04, 2017, 06:33:57 PM »

Couple of really good training days my end.

Progressing the OH squats via reps as opposed to weight to just hammer the movement. Enjoying it though, and I can see some real advantages towards my back squat too. Keeping tension through the body the entire time is something I think everyone needs to work on, and this is highlighting to me where I am not.

Since I have been enjoying the OH squats so much and it did tweak my shoulder slightly, just taken out all pressing for a bit and switched to machine/flyes and press ups. More than happy with it and gives me a bit more energy with the pulldowns and rows. Very happy, could do with assessing my diet a bit, but no major intention to lean out, so more than happy to carry on as I am.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: April 05, 2017, 05:04:16 PM »

Good stuff.

Chest went fine on Monday, and nice to be not feeling twinges when I press.

Legs went good, and managed to get 3x10 inverted hack squats.

Squatting in the smith didn't go so well, and my balance/core is just too weak to stop me holding the bar for balance.

Think I'll be sticking with the TRX for any squatting in the near future Cheesy

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: April 05, 2017, 09:03:28 PM »

Good stuff.

Squatting in the smith didn't go so well, and my balance/core is just too weak to stop me holding the bar for balance.

TRX version still pretty challenging. Good effort in general trying to do them! With one of the guys from STING, we just did some single leg work whilst holding one of the bars attached to the wall. Basically just lifting his leg up, to the side and back whilst gradually using less of the bar. Obviously some days aren't so great but seen a huge improvement over the last year with his walking and general stability. He is 67 too, so great to see him progress later on as it were.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: April 06, 2017, 12:52:17 AM »

Good stuff.

TRX version still pretty challenging. Good effort in general trying to do them! With one of the guys from STING, we just did some single leg work whilst holding one of the bars attached to the wall. Basically just lifting his leg up, to the side and back whilst gradually using less of the bar. Obviously some days aren't so great but seen a huge improvement over the last year with his walking and general stability. He is 67 too, so great to see him progress later on as it were.

Is that the exercise you mean?

I could do the out and down bit, but I can't lift my knees more than a couple inches anymore.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: April 06, 2017, 11:03:18 AM »

Good stuff.

Is that the exercise you mean?

I could do the out and down bit, but I can't lift my knees more than a couple inches anymore.

Yeah pretty much. Basically anything that can load one leg at a time (under the safety of holding the bar). He definitely struggles lifting his leg straight up, but its probably double the motion he had. Really simple, but at least for him incredibly effective.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: April 06, 2017, 02:48:05 PM »

I try to do a bit of standing on one leg, without too much success Cheesy

Glad that he's doing well with it though, and hope I'm still standing at 67!

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: April 06, 2017, 05:12:28 PM »

They are a pretty amazing group to be honest. I genuinely think that if you keep moving you stand a really good chance. It is crazy to see the progression they have made over the last few years just form doing something. Thats only once a week for 30 mins too. Getting in 4x30 mins a week must be huge.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: April 06, 2017, 05:55:51 PM »

They are a pretty amazing group to be honest. I genuinely think that if you keep moving you stand a really good chance. It is crazy to see the progression they have made over the last few years just form doing something. Thats only once a week for 30 mins too. Getting in 4x30 mins a week must be huge.

Agree 100% with the keep moving bit, and I just wish my legs would respond a bit better to stretching etc.

Still, I'm luckier than most, and think I've got the best end of the stick, by a long way.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: April 08, 2017, 05:49:04 PM »

Managed to get in to physio on Tuesday and the good news was that there wasn't anything major going on. She popped the shoulder back where it's meant to live and gave me a few new stretches that seem to be working really well.

I took the full week off and went back today for a lower session. Squatted up to 90kg and DL 110kg for a few sets of 5 and then 130kg triples.

Going to be doing the bench programme tomorrow but will just see how the shoulder feels before deciding on the weight to go with. I think it's going to be okay but will wait and see.

Diet's not going great. I've been trying to eat more to fuel my heavier workouts but I don't really like the enhanced waistline that's going to go with it. Think I'll just go back to normal and then bang in a few extra calories on DL and bench days. It definitely helps with recovery but I don't want to get fat. Think I'd rather have slow progress on weights and maintain a reasonable physique at the expense of overall strength.

I might well change my mind about this tomorrow......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: April 08, 2017, 06:47:13 PM »

Glad that you've got it sorted, and hopefully it won't flare up again anytime soon.

I'm going in for an MOT with mine before Vegas, and every 2 months going forwards.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: April 08, 2017, 08:50:13 PM »

Glad that you've got it sorted, and hopefully it won't flare up again anytime soon.

I'm going in for an MOT with mine before Vegas, and every 2 months going forwards.

Cheers mate. Is your wrist/elbow/forearm still playing up?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: April 08, 2017, 09:20:17 PM »

Cheers mate. Is your wrist/elbow/forearm still playing up?

No, thankfully it has been fine, and nothing other than usual aches/pains since I saw him.

He's really good, and for the price of a takeaway it's worth every penny.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: April 09, 2017, 01:06:15 PM »

No shoulder problems with benching this morning although some slight strength issues....

Target was 6 x 4 @ 102.5kg and then 3 x 3 @ 115kg

I made a mistake and did 2 x 4 @ 105kg then dropped down and managed the next 4 x 4 @ 102.5kg so that was all good.

There was no way I was going to get 115kg for 3 x 3 so I went 105, 107.5 and finished with a 110. The last set was tough and there wasn't an extra rep there if I wanted it so I was at my limit.

You're actually supposed to do the final 3 sets using a slingshot. Anyone come across these before? It's obviously a bit of a marketing thing as the guy who wrote the programme happens to be the guy who manufactures and sells the slingshots but they do look good.

Thinking of getting one of these to help protect my elbows and shoulders. Certainly looks good.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: April 10, 2017, 05:26:41 PM »

No shoulder problems with benching this morning although some slight strength issues....

Target was 6 x 4 @ 102.5kg and then 3 x 3 @ 115kg

I made a mistake and did 2 x 4 @ 105kg then dropped down and managed the next 4 x 4 @ 102.5kg so that was all good.

There was no way I was going to get 115kg for 3 x 3 so I went 105, 107.5 and finished with a 110. The last set was tough and there wasn't an extra rep there if I wanted it so I was at my limit.

You're actually supposed to do the final 3 sets using a slingshot. Anyone come across these before? It's obviously a bit of a marketing thing as the guy who wrote the programme happens to be the guy who manufactures and sells the slingshots but they do look good.

Thinking of getting one of these to help protect my elbows and shoulders. Certainly looks good.

Solid numbers

Wold love to use a sling shot at some point. I don't bench anywhere near as frequently or intensely to warrant one regularly. But seems a good bit of kit to help stay injury free. I think they are pretty renowned/accepted in PL for being useful
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: