blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:54:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530850 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2025 on: April 01, 2017, 02:13:29 PM »

Decent lower session today after a bit of a lazy week.

Did my usual routine, leg press, squats, RDL and deadlift.

I didn't manage anything impressive on the first three but got a new PB in the deadlift of 160kg.

Went 10 @ 60kg, 5 @ 100kg, 3 @ 120kg, 2 @ 140kg and a final single at 160kg.

Felt close to my limit and form slipped a little bit but nothing too terrible. I think there's another 10 to 20kg there right now but won't do anything drastic. Don't think I'll push for more than 160kg until I can get two out at that but you never know.

Enjoying the progress on these loads at the moment Smiley

Bit concerned about the bench programme which I go for day 2 tomorrow. My shoulder feels pretty awful so I'll just have to play it by ear and see how I feel. Fingers crossed it'll go okay.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: April 01, 2017, 03:20:39 PM »

Everyone smashing deadlifts up, wp.

While we're talking PBs. I managed to do a couple sets of BOR in the squat rack yesterday with the olympic bar.

Tried it 6 months ago and fell over Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: April 01, 2017, 03:48:20 PM »

While we're talking PBs. I managed to do a couple sets of BOR in the squat rack yesterday with the olympic bar.

Love it mate and love your attitude.

I think it's very important to recognise that a PB is a PB no matter what level you're improving upon. Little acorns and all that.....

Keep up the good work.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: April 01, 2017, 04:03:26 PM »

I think it's very important to recognise that a PB is a PB no matter what level you're improving upon. Little acorns and all that.....

Keep up the good work.

It's the first time I'd tried for ages, but had tried doing some shrugs standing last week, so thought I'd have a go at it.

Think I used to do 80kg back along, but I'll be happy if I can get up to a couple sets of half that.

Next target is to be able to squat the bar in the smith, and eventually in the rack.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: April 01, 2017, 05:48:48 PM »

Keep up the good work.

It's the first time I'd tried for ages, but had tried doing some shrugs standing last week, so thought I'd have a go at it.

Think I used to do 80kg back along, but I'll be happy if I can get up to a couple sets of half that.

Next target is to be able to squat the bar in the smith, and eventually in the rack.

Seems a really good aim, I wonder how tough a smith machine squat would be? Have you tried one? You clearly have the leg power to get you back up, but what about stability and motor control?

Great to see you making some steady progress to! Progress always counts.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: April 01, 2017, 09:21:42 PM »

Before my MS progressed, I used to be able to squat ~80kg in the smith, but I used to keep a bench underneath me in case I lost stability.

I haven't tried them other than using the TRX ropes, but will have a go on Tuesday with just the bar.

Motor control and stability will definitely be the problem. That, and the fact I've got no power from below parallel.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: April 01, 2017, 11:19:58 PM »

Before my MS progressed, I used to be able to squat ~80kg in the smith, but I used to keep a bench underneath me in case I lost stability.

I haven't tried them other than using the TRX ropes, but will have a go on Tuesday with just the bar.

Motor control and stability will definitely be the problem. That, and the fact I've got no power from below parallel.

Solid plan with the bench. You still train with a PT, seems a good time to try it if someone is there!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: April 02, 2017, 02:26:25 AM »

Will give it a spin before I start, as there is 0 chance on the way out Grin

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: April 02, 2017, 02:54:15 PM »

Struggled with bench press this morning.

My left shoulder has done its annoying 'fall out of your socket' thing so it really made it difficult. It's not a full on dislocation, the physio describes it as 'going off track' but it still hurts pretty bad.

Target was 5 x 5 at 100kg and then 3 x 3 at 107.5kg

I tried a 100kg single as part of my warm up and it was clear that 5 wouldn't be fun so I scaled it back to 90kg for the first three sets. Managed to up it to 95kg for the last two and then got up to 100kg for the 3 x 3.

All in all not too bad and the good news was that I felt really confident that without the pain I'd have hit my target weights.

I haven't got physio booked for a while but may have to see if I can get in next week. Hopefully the pain will have subsided a bit by next week as the numbers are supposed to increase again. I may have to repeat this week depending how I feel but will decide at the time.

Bit annoying as I didn't hit programme targets but still a good session really so can't be overly disappointed.

Recovery seems great from yesterdays heavy deadlift so that's really positive. I ate like a champ though and didn't really move much during the day so that may well have helped.

All in all I'm pretty happy.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: April 02, 2017, 03:00:06 PM »

Regarding smith machine squats what are peoples thoughts on them?

I was watching some guys doing them today and their form was all over the place and looked terrible.

Where are your feet supposed to be placed for a smith machine squat? I assume directly under the bar but from what I see almost everyone has their feet forward. That must mean you're pushing back in to the bar and therefore putting a lot of sheer force on your knees and lower back?

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: April 02, 2017, 03:18:23 PM »

Regarding smith machine squats what are peoples thoughts on them?

I was watching some guys doing them today and their form was all over the place and looked terrible.

Where are your feet supposed to be placed for a smith machine squat? I assume directly under the bar but from what I see almost everyone has their feet forward. That must mean you're pushing back in to the bar and therefore putting a lot of sheer force on your knees and lower back?

Person dependant I guess, I don't see a great advantage in most peoples training. Ironically I probably could/should use it for doing a better hack squat as the machine at Pure is not my friend. I think its hard to perfect form though as you are so stuck. But for someone struggling with squats, have a few in there for morale and then move to a bar. I think setting up is really tough though, and its again person dependant.

Again, you could argue you could use it for your bench if you are having some shoulder trouble but still get KG through the chest. I guess it all depends on the why you are using it.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: April 02, 2017, 03:39:25 PM »

Shit news about the shoulder, and hopefully the sports guy can fix you up.

I always used to setup as you would a normal squat, as you're doing what you said if you are leaning back into the bar.

At about 9:00 in this video, a girl is training on what looks like a hybrid smith machine, which I've never seen anything like before

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: April 02, 2017, 03:53:54 PM »

Shit news about the shoulder, and hopefully the sports guy can fix you up.

I always used to setup as you would a normal squat, as you're doing what you said if you are leaning back into the bar.

At about 9:00 in this video, a girl is training on what looks like a hybrid smith machine, which I've never seen anything like before

Had to watch it about 6 times before I noticed that there's things going on in the background Cheesy

Interesting looking machine, never seen anything like it before either.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: April 02, 2017, 04:15:00 PM »

I was going to say that you might not spot the machine first time through Cheesy

Doesn't look like it would be cheap, that's for sure.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: April 02, 2017, 05:09:18 PM »

I was going to say that you might not spot the machine first time through Cheesy

Doesn't look like it would be cheap, that's for sure.

Be well worth the money though mate. Those glutes!!

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: