blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:42:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534097 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: June 16, 2016, 03:23:22 PM »

Put them up on Monday, so I'm on the plane, and hopefully a page or so will have passed by the time I land Wink

Last Shoulders/Tri session today, back tomorrow, and then leaving Disorderchester for Vegas.

Shoulders & Triceps

DB Shoulder Press - 8r @ 22.5kg + 2ass

Seated Lateral Raises - 7r @ 10kg + 2par/1neg

Bent Over Rear Delt Raises - 6r @ 12.5kg + 3par

Seated DB Shrugs - 11r @ 30kg + 2par & 4 more reps after short rest

Triceps

Straight Bar Pushdown - 7r @ 64kg + 2ass

Seated OH Rope Extensions - 8r @ 50kg + 1ass

Rope Pushdowns - 6r @ 54kg + 2ass/1neg

For the rear delt & pushdowns I lean on a bench for stability, which I think is good. Seems to make things a bit stricter  I can't swing my way about or leverage the weights, but idk.

Felt like I was burning even more than usual after that lot, so hopefully settles down this afternoon Cheesy

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 16, 2016, 08:11:15 PM »

Pressing is so tough now I am lighter.

Got a 1x3, 1x2 then 1x1 on 70 today. Meant to be 3x3 so kinda annoying.

But got a 3x5 on 170/180/190 on the rack pull today and it felt really light. Huge improvement there as last time I did it 200 for 1 was really really tough. Should blast through the 200s for fives over the next few weeks, also helps me get used to having the higher weight in my hands for deadlifts.

Banded close grip bench press is something I am really enjoying at the minute got 2x10 at 50kg but had to drop to 40kg for the second two sets as my triceps we pretty fried.

Rest day tomorrow then deadlifts at the weekend.

Really impressive numbers there Marky too!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 17, 2016, 03:32:29 PM »

Getting stronger, just a shame my lower half doesn't work Cheesy

Back

Close Grip Lat Pulldowns - 6r @ 75kg + 3ass

T-Bar Row - 5r @ 50kg + 3ass

Close Grip Seated Row - 7r @ 60kg + 3ass

Straight Bar Cable Pullovers - 3r @ 68kg + 3ass

BB Bent Over Row - 11r @ 40kg + 2 ass

Last session before holidays, and hopefully I won't be too much weaker in a month when I get home Smiley

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 17, 2016, 06:40:08 PM »

Strong finish there Marky pre Vegas.

As you said it looks like a similar split to the one I've just moved back to so we can compare improvements when you start back in a month.

Regarding the rear delt raise I'd never use a bench. Yes it provides stability but it means you'll never gain the strength in the supporting muscles required to do them without a bench. If you find yourself swinging just use a lower weight, you don't need to be heavy on these anyway as long as you're strict. When I did them on Thursday I stuck to 10kg and felt a really good burn as every one was squeezed hard at the top.

Have a great time in Vegas Smiley

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 17, 2016, 08:55:40 PM »

Yeah, if it wasn't Vegas, I'd almost wish I wasn't going away, so I could crack on.

I might drive the scooter down to the fitness centre while I'm there for a look. Should be quite amusing seeing the looks on their faces anyway.

At present, it's unlikely I can do them without it, as I'd probably be swinging onto the deck Cheesy

I use the same bench for BORs and a machine that's built in a similar way for t-bar rows.

I guess I could try doing them sat down and leaning forward?

Cheers, I'll definitely try!

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 17, 2016, 09:03:30 PM »

Yeah well done Marky, enjoy yourself and then when back crack on again.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 17, 2016, 10:38:52 PM »

Yeah well done Marky, enjoy yourself and then when back crack on again.

Cheers Rich, that's exactly the plan.

I paid upfront for 12 weeks of 4x weekly, and still have 3 weeks of that left. Plan is straight back to 4x a week the week after I get back.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 18, 2016, 10:56:07 PM »

You were warned Smiley.... Come in at 14'4 this morning not quite 14'0 thanks to someones birthday dinner and a big chinese with the England game.. but 3 days tio go so might nudge a bit closer for take-off..

I'd say im about 75% of the way along to where I want to  be .... taken 15 months but I am 47 now Sad

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 11:11:37 PM by the sicilian » Logged

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 18, 2016, 11:06:25 PM »

You were warned Smiley.... Come in at 14'4 this morning not quite 14'0 thanks to someones birthday dinner and a big chinese with the England game.. but 3 days till take so might nudge a bit closer for take-off..

I'd say im about 75% of the way along to where I want to  be .... taken 15 months but I am 47 now Sad

Great work guns!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 18, 2016, 11:48:27 PM »

Impressive stuff, well done mate.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 19, 2016, 12:04:14 AM »

Awesome work mate.

When you say you're 75% of the way there what's the other 25%? You just looking to rip up what you've got or get bigger as well? Have you got your ideal shape in your head that you're targeting?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 19, 2016, 01:53:28 AM »

Awesome work mate.

When you say you're 75% of the way there what's the other 25%? You just looking to rip up what you've got or get bigger as well? Have you got your ideal shape in your head that you're targeting?

Cheers guys... Took a a fair bit psychologically to put that up as I don't like seeing myself in any sort of photos...let alone suspect ones like that..Smiley but the PT persuaded me and reckons it gives a good idea of where you've come from and where you're at.
 I want to lose a bit more weight... When I first started 13'2 was the goal as that was my weight when I trained before but that was like 15 years ago.... PT thinks that's probably going to be too light as even though the aim is to lose weight I also would like good definition with decent size so the muscle may make me around 13 and a half... I don't want to be too bulky as I'm enjoying clothes fitting much better etc...and I'm not that tall ... So don't want to look like I'm as wide as I'm tall.

It's going to be a tough ongoing battle ... Age is against me.. I like my grub and can put weight on real easy but I promised myself to really crack on after Vegas so lighter stronger is the aim...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 19, 2016, 02:18:31 AM »

Great pics, well done mate!

Who's next? Cheesy
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 19, 2016, 05:04:28 AM »

Awesome work mate.

Cheers guys... Took a a fair bit psychologically to put that up as I don't like seeing myself in any sort of photos...let alone suspect ones like that..Smiley but the PT persuaded me and reckons it gives a good idea of where you've come from and where you're at.
 I want to lose a bit more weight... When I first started 13'2 was the goal as that was my weight when I trained before but that was like 15 years ago.... PT thinks that's probably going to be too light as even though the aim is to lose weight I also would like good definition with decent size so the muscle may make me around 13 and a half... I don't want to be too bulky as I'm enjoying clothes fitting much better etc...and I'm not that tall ... So don't want to look like I'm as wide as I'm tall.

It's going to be a tough ongoing battle ... Age is against me.. I like my grub and can put weight on real easy but I promised myself to really crack on after Vegas so lighter stronger is the aim...

You'll be recreating the southern comfort ad, when I work out how to post my pre Cheltenham pic, and one I took a couple weeks ago.

Not much difference, bar a couple cheeseburgers falling off my stomach Grin

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 19, 2016, 10:59:53 AM »

World's broadest chest. Really nice transformation bud.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: