blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:52:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 533586 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: July 29, 2016, 03:17:49 PM »

Just that 'all or nothing' and 'bulk or trim' seem to be a bit similar.

There's nothing sustainable about a bulking phase is there. You say that too many people are all or nothing but you're doing it yourself albeit without any illusions as to the outcomes.

Do you see yourself continually bulking and trimming in phases or do you think at some point you will find something sustainable and stick with it?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 29, 2016, 03:58:08 PM »

Just that 'all or nothing' and 'bulk or trim' seem to be a bit similar.

There's nothing sustainable about a bulking phase is there. You say that too many people are all or nothing but you're doing it yourself albeit without any illusions as to the outcomes.

Do you see yourself continually bulking and trimming in phases or do you think at some point you will find something sustainable and stick with it?

I see what you're saying, but I'm not advocating nothing but lettuce for cutting and nothing but pizza for bulking. Perhaps use the actual words "cut" or "bulk" is incorrect. I'm just increasing the kcals ever so slightly in order to speed up the growth phase. I think working in cycles is fine fwiw, as long as you're not overdoing it each way but a lot of people do end up spinning their wheels getting fat and skinny
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 29, 2016, 04:05:44 PM »

Great work Eso, very impressive.

Now you just need to give up the ghost, and join myself & Matt in the grade 0 club Wink

MBN to get to skinny at some point in the yoyo... Mine has always been

Quite Fat - Fatter - Very Fat - Fat - Not Quite So Fat - Fat Again - Shit I'm Almost 20st Grin

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 29, 2016, 04:07:49 PM »

Love reading your posts in here Sean, they're really interesting.

Yourself, Matt's and iRaise's enthusiasm is very infectious.

Really appreciate the effort you guys, and everyone puts into the thread.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 29, 2016, 05:05:38 PM »

Chaos in this thread and only been gone a few hours.

1) Rich turning up. Some serious results from a full time working/dad of three. Keep doing what you are doing, top stuff.

2) I find Matt's point so interesting in 'calling out' (I know you're not). But it is so interesting, I have at times practiced what I preach not to as if I am immune to the psychological side effects. I sometimes justify it as 'we' (fitness enthusiast) want to go to a higher level than the 'average person'. I am not sure if that is right or wrong, a theory that is a working progress.

3) Totally see what Sean is saying with the 'don't diet on lettuce, don't bulk on pizza'. There is elements of extremes in both paths (dieting/gaining) but taking the middle ground is always best. Sustainable and achievable. But I am seeing the value in 'drastic' measures. BUT ONLY when someone is in a very strong psychological and physiological state.

I am trying to ween myself away from the all or nothing mindset. It probably is pretty detrimental long run, but I can see the merits for a short burst.

On an aside, training has gone well this week.
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 29, 2016, 06:52:05 PM »

Worked hard this  week again.  Finishing the week on the Speed 2 session of T25  is a killer especially when Friday is a double session.

Also started to sort the press ups and Abs exercises, did 2 abs sessions and 3 press up session as well as the T25 above, i now have  a datum point for these.

Press ups x 10,  2 mins rest 5 reps so 50 in total, which bear in mind 8 was the most I thought that I could do Smiley  So probably continue in the same vein for a while, then add more press ups and reduce rest time, 50 here I come.

The good news is I can now stop worrying/aiming for weight loss as this week I met and exceeded my target, I lost 3.5 lbs and on checking my waist lost  another 1/2" total weight loss 15.5lb target 14lb, waist 4.5 " target 4".

So will perhaps check the scales once  a month to keep an eye on and will turn my attention to tha tape measure and my still work to do tum.

If I can sort out  a before and after pic I will, ypu can deffo see the 4.5inch waist loss Smiley

Cheers

Steve
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 29, 2016, 08:04:18 PM »

Worked hard this  week again.  Finishing the week on the Speed 2 session of T25  is a killer especially when Friday is a double session.

Also started to sort the press ups and Abs exercises, did 2 abs sessions and 3 press up session as well as the T25 above, i now have  a datum point for these.

Press ups x 10,  2 mins rest 5 reps so 50 in total, which bear in mind 8 was the most I thought that I could do Smiley  So probably continue in the same vein for a while, then add more press ups and reduce rest time, 50 here I come.

The good news is I can now stop worrying/aiming for weight loss as this week I met and exceeded my target, I lost 3.5 lbs and on checking my waist lost  another 1/2" total weight loss 15.5lb target 14lb, waist 4.5 " target 4".

So will perhaps check the scales once  a month to keep an eye on and will turn my attention to tha tape measure and my still work to do tum.

If I can sort out  a before and after pic I will, ypu can deffo see the 4.5inch waist loss Smiley

Cheers

Steve

Wouldn't even bother with the tape measure to start with (I understand why you would) But focussing on the outcome isn't the best approach if you don't have the basics. Judge your success on how well you eat and move. Even inches can be gained or lost with bloating or water retention.

Good practice is good practice and will always come through in the end!

Keep it up
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 29, 2016, 08:15:36 PM »

Good work, Steve.

Well done Smiley

Getting stronger, just a shame my lower half doesn't work Cheesy

Back

Close Grip Lat Pulldowns - 6r @ 75kg + 3ass

T-Bar Row - 5r @ 50kg + 3ass

Close Grip Seated Row - 7r @ 60kg + 3ass

Straight Bar Cable Pullovers - 3r @ 68kg + 3ass

BB Bent Over Row - 11r @ 40kg + 2 ass

Last session before holidays, and hopefully I won't be too much weaker in a month when I get home Smiley

Back

Close Grip Lat Pulldowns - 3r @ 75kg + 3ass

T-Bar Row - 2r @ 50kg + 3ass

Close Grip Seated Row - 5r @ 60kg + 2ass

Straight Bar Cable Pullovers - 2r @ 64kg + 2ass

BB Bent Over Row - 8r @ 40kg + 2 ass

Strength not down too much, and used all the same weights, bar on pullovers, where I had struggled before Vegas, and did again, even though we dropped 4kg.

Going to switch a few exercises around soon, and will drop the weights a little on some exercises for what's hopefully a short while.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 29, 2016, 08:54:41 PM »

Been eating 90% well and have seen great results with some good gains

Might get this bannered in the studio.

Too many people are all or nothing. They go from nothing but takeaways to nothing but salads and wonder why it is unsustainable. Just do the right thing 9 out of 10 meals, enjoy your food, enjoy your fitness. I think it sounds a little overly dramatic to most people when we say "it's a lifestyle," but it is. It's about making more and more positive choices. Something that your future self thanks you for today.

Really good progress Eso. Some nice numbers there, and that physique is really coming along. How tall are you btw? Judging from these pictures we have a very similar skeletal structure so it will be quite interesting to see what we both look like at <15% bodyfat (although I've just started the bulk so we'll have to wait until at least March to see what I look like at sub 15!)
Cheers mate, I'm just over 5ft 7 so pretty short really.

March seems like a long way away!! I'm gonna change my programme up in the next few weeks as have more than got through this phase and the shoulder wear n tear probs isn't great long term to go incline bench>seated shoulder press>Lat raise>dips>8 sets of chins so will take advice on a new programme.

Not really looking to get much bigger so am happy to increase reps and have good movement but gonna launch the business first before I worry about change.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 30, 2016, 12:51:06 PM »

Cheers

Steve

Love all of this Steve. Seems like you have the bug for training all of a sudden. Give it a few more months and it becomes a habit rather than something you have to really think about and that's when it becomes that cliché lifestyle that we bang on about.

As Harvey says you don't really need to worry too much about the tape measure. Maybe once every couple of months just for recording purposes but as long as you're sticking at your regime it'll all just happen anyway. You seem the sort who sets a target and is then disappointed if you don't hit it which worries me a little bit. As you get fitter and leaner the gains are harder to achieve and if you see the tape measure not moving for a few weeks on the trot it could serve as a de-motivator. When I toned up a year or so ago the tape measure was nice but it was my belt that really made me happy. It's difficult to explain just how pleased I was when I had to punch an extra hole in to a belt I'd only bought 3 months earlier.

One recommendation I'd make is to focus on the plank type exercises when you're doing your abs workout. Reason for this is that they'll assist your press ups. There's a few really good ones in the T25 abs routine especially the plank to spider and spider push ups.

Excellent work mate. Hope you stick around.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 01, 2016, 08:26:13 AM »

Hi Matt,

Yes I will hang around although now I am in "Blonde will make your strong" as opposed to "Blonde will make you thin", I can see the difference in here with regards to what you are all trying to achieve. As i am not trying to me strong, I think my aims are different to most others here and I see their POV and advice given makes sense.

So I think I will just post every couple of weeks or so as I will not be weighing myself weekly but will work to the 50press ups challenge along side completing T25. My only area of fat is my tum, so will measure this regularly as I am specifically tackling this fatty deposit and know that their still a chunk to be moved on.

You don't need to worry about me being demotivated and my use of the word "Only" during weighs in was perhaps the wrong choice, but I was close to an end goal and felt it was goner happen shortly,  to miss it couple of times was a little MEH but only for a few minutes as that quickly changed to ok work hard again.

I have always worked to targets time, reps, measurements etc. and for me works as great a motivating tool, I don't switch off after getting there but what I have perhaps not done is planned the maintenance.

So scales put to one side, T25 to complete, 50 press ups to sort and formal abs routine to get shorted .

Gl guys.

Steve
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 01, 2016, 09:08:08 AM »

Hi Matt,

Yes I will hang around although now I am in "Blonde will make your strong" as opposed to "Blonde will make you thin", I can see the difference in here with regards to what you are all trying to achieve. As i am not trying to me strong, I think my aims are different to most others here and I see their POV and advice given makes sense.

So I think I will just post every couple of weeks or so as I will not be weighing myself weekly but will work to the 50press ups challenge along side completing T25. My only area of fat is my tum, so will measure this regularly as I am specifically tackling this fatty deposit and know that their still a chunk to be moved on.

You don't need to worry about me being demotivated and my use of the word "Only" during weighs in was perhaps the wrong choice, but I was close to an end goal and felt it was goner happen shortly,  to miss it couple of times was a little MEH but only for a few minutes as that quickly changed to ok work hard again.

I have always worked to targets time, reps, measurements etc. and for me works as great a motivating tool, I don't switch off after getting there but what I have perhaps not done is planned the maintenance.

So scales put to one side, T25 to complete, 50 press ups to sort and formal abs routine to get shorted .

Gl guys.

Steve

I'm pretty sure that your 50 press ups challenge gets you an entry in to the thread. Your goal may be different to others but you're still aiming to get stronger so stick around and please post more than every two weeks.

If 'only' doing press ups means you don't qualify in the strength thread compared to me then what I do doesn't qualify vs Sean/Harvey deadlifting 200kg+. We all do different things but we all have a similar overall goal of getting stronger.

It'll be really interesting especially for me and KKK to follow your press ups progress. When are you hoping to have that one sorted by? I know I've already said this but don't expect it too soon, it's a lot harder than people think. Have a look on youtube at people who've tried 100 press ups. It's surprising how few people can actually do it.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 01, 2016, 09:35:42 AM »

Looks like my arm problem is just about sorted. I did loads of work on my triceps and biceps using a roller which was absolute agony but definitely what it needed. It's now almost fully fixed ready for physio to be able to finish the job on Wednesday.

Bench was good this morning. I managed a comfortable 6 at 100kg and then 5 at 110kg with no spotter. I was only aiming for 2 or 3 but it seemed pretty easy and there were a couple more in the tank for when I'm 100%

Followed that with 42kg for 8 on incline DB press. I don't normally do these but fancied a changed so thought I'd throw them in to the mix.

T25 is still going well, almost managed to complete the 'full body circuit' on Friday which I'm sure Steve will confirm is bloody hard work.

Great work from everybody in the thread. Everybody different but everybody doing their thing and to the best of their ability. Keep it up guys.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 01, 2016, 11:29:34 AM »

Maybe a new thread is needed Blonde Will Make you FIT! 
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 01, 2016, 12:29:03 PM »

Been following the progress in this thread, great work from all of you but DAMN Eso!! You are looking seriously beastly. Thanks for putting pics up, will encourage the rest of us to do so too i hope!

2016 has been pretty stagnant for me hence why i haven't posted in the thread - there's been nothing to report. Real life keeps getting in the way leading to me starting/stopping incessantly so i've made pretty much zero strength progress. I've hit the gym enough in that time for my numbers not to have regressed, but i definitely wonder where'd i'd be right now if i had kept up my commitment with 5x5 all this time like i did in the beginning. Maybe i'd be able to OHP more than 45 Cheesy I am visibly bigger though and definitely not too fat or have a prominent belly, so that's something positive about this year fitness wise which i can hopefully start to build on.

I'm going to be travelling around Asia in October for a few months. Anyone got any links to good strength increasing circuits/exercises i can do whilst on the go? It might make a nice change to to some stuff without any weights at all for a bit and Asia may be the perfect opportunity to mix it up a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: