blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:45:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535447 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: January 11, 2017, 12:18:53 PM »

Guys, all this talk of 5,000 calories almost makes me want to get involved!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: January 11, 2017, 04:22:07 PM »

Had a chat today with a sort of friend who gave me a bit of advice. Suggested trying 5 seconds up, 5 seconds down in my movements to build muscle and adding cod liver + whole eggs into my diet as a natural testosterone booster. These I can do.

However, he also m reckoned I should be on 5k calories a day. Not what I wanted to hear given 3.3k is hard enough to do let alone without doing a dirty bulk. 5k seems ridiculous to me. How on earth does anyone get through that much food on a daily basis Cheesy

Watch the eddie video and he does twice that a day with ease.

He drinks like 4000-5000 of them no? IF anyone physically ate 10,000 worth a day that would be unreal.

When I was on 5500 a day I'd drink about half of them. The rest was from mostly lean sources like chicken fillets and egg whites. It was a lot of food and a lot of protein shakes. Oh, and a nightly treacle sponge and custard Cheesy 

I'd imagine if I went a bit dirty I could have got through 8000 or so but to get to 10k doesn't bear thinking about. Don't get me wrong I could get through 10k once quite easily but to do it day in day out is frightening.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: January 11, 2017, 05:33:44 PM »

Had a chat today with a sort of friend who gave me a bit of advice. Suggested trying 5 seconds up, 5 seconds down in my movements to build muscle and adding cod liver + whole eggs into my diet as a natural testosterone booster. These I can do.

However, he also m reckoned I should be on 5k calories a day. Not what I wanted to hear given 3.3k is hard enough to do let alone without doing a dirty bulk. 5k seems ridiculous to me. How on earth does anyone get through that much food on a daily basis Cheesy

Watch the eddie video and he does twice that a day with ease.

He drinks like 4000-5000 of them no? IF anyone physically ate 10,000 worth a day that would be unreal.

When I was on 5500 a day I'd drink about half of them. The rest was from mostly lean sources like chicken fillets and egg whites. It was a lot of food and a lot of protein shakes. Oh, and a nightly treacle sponge and custard Cheesy 

I'd imagine if I went a bit dirty I could have got through 8000 or so but to get to 10k doesn't bear thinking about. Don't get me wrong I could get through 10k once quite easily but to do it day in day out is frightening.

I can eat about 4-5k a day, tiger bread included. 10k everyday of solids tho, thats effort. I don't know if he does now he is a pro. I just dont know how you could fit the eating time in with a full time job. You would be eating for like 2 hours a day. Thats without prep too (I know his wife does his, not sure about others tho).
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: January 11, 2017, 05:34:47 PM »

Guys, all this talk of 5,000 calories almost makes me want to get involved!

It is honestly hard, allll day everyday! It is easy to do at a weekend, but even in crap food is such a huge food volume.

I think an average person can see of 3-4 daily pretty easily though, but again a lot of that comes from fluids.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: January 11, 2017, 06:38:23 PM »

I think i'm about 75kg now roughly.

Thanks for the great advice everyone, Matt managed to make me laugh with his. Keeping it simple seems about right Cheesy it is great to share this info in the thread and get your opinions, so thanks for that.

I'm intending on training strength at the moment doing 5x5 on 5 compound movements with some pull ups and dips at the end. I plan to do that until about May time. Then i mean i really, really, really want to try and strip some body fat off after that. Since coming back from travelling i have become beyond skinny fat and i just hate it so much right now. Makes less sense to do it now perhaps, but i'm hoping if i work consistently hard until May time cutting will be more justifiable.

To echo others, just concentrate on the training and decent nutritional input. The fat burning will take care of itself
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: January 11, 2017, 07:02:29 PM »

Had a bit of a lol gym day today, was feeling pretty tired and had a planned rest day (I try not to use caffeine on rest days so I don't adapt too much to it) so just went in just to move around a bit and get away from admin/computer screen.

Ended up doing a BW/Arm/Calf day. Felt pretty weird.

Dips on the rings
Hammer Curls
Banded LPD

Ring Chin Up
Banded Bicep Curls
Calf Raise

Single Arm Tricep
Single Arm Bicep
Overhead carry (took the 24s for a spin for the first time today).

Handstand Practice.

Wasn't too intense, but good fun being on the rings again. 
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1776 on: January 12, 2017, 11:04:59 AM »

Starting (again) Weight -  14st 12lb (Not recording fractions of pounds)

Target Weight - 13st.

Smoke me a low fat kipper.....

Strong thread please for more interaction.

We're all about general fitness and general health in whatever form it takes, to hell with the name of thread.

OK. Here I am.

Couldn't agree more with Matt!

How active is life day to day? Do you have any plans to be more active? Or just focus on the food side of things and tightening up there?

What is the plan food wise?

Was doing Bulgarian bag + press-ups and sit-ups 3xpw but currently unable to continue with that due to tennis elbow.

Currently brisk walking 4 miles, looking to add some light jogging and perhaps some hill walking.

Diet will be 1800 calories comprising mostly.

Breakfast: Porridge with fruit/nuts or occasionally eggs on wholemeal toast sans butter. ~ 500 cals

Lunch: Soup, fruit or salad. ~ 300 cals.

Dinner. Mostly fish/chicken with veg/rice/pasta. ~ 1000 cals.

Seems an absolute winner to me, keep it up and watch it work.

So did OK the first week with a 3lb loss, then Mrs Red spotted a 14 day, 5 star all inclusive holiday for two to Mexico for sale on eBay. The seller has fallen out with his partner and with less than 36 hours left before departure was under considerable pressure to offload it. He paid £2260 and was looking for £1500, we agreed on a bag of sand to be paid once the tickets had been changed into our names. We rang the travel agents and they said it wouldn't be a problem so long as we were in their branch in Kent along with the seller first thing in the morning.

That was that. We went out for a slap up meal to celibate. No point in dieting now. We were, apparently, going on a 14 day all inclusive 5 star holiday to Mexico. Ay caramba!

We drove to Kent early the next morning and met the bloke. He was gutted to be losing more than half the cost of his holiday but he was even more gutted when he discovered that the airline wouldn't let the travel agent change the tickets into our names.

We were gutted too, so on the way home we had a slap up meal to console ourselves.

The next day I checked my weight and was glad to discover that I had only regained 2 of the 3lbs that I had lost. I got straight back on the horse and am currently on a 4lb loss over all. I'm happy with that all things considered.

We've just booked a fortnight in The Gambia. Not all inclusive this time though, breakfast only and then we will be fending for ourselves.

We leave on the 20th so will try to lose a bit more weight before then.

I hope malaria tablets aren't fattening.

The older I get, the better I was.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: January 12, 2017, 08:56:14 PM »

Starting (again) Weight -  14st 12lb (Not recording fractions of pounds)

Target Weight - 13st.

Smoke me a low fat kipper.....

Strong thread please for more interaction.

We're all about general fitness and general health in whatever form it takes, to hell with the name of thread.

OK. Here I am.

Couldn't agree more with Matt!

How active is life day to day? Do you have any plans to be more active? Or just focus on the food side of things and tightening up there?

What is the plan food wise?

Was doing Bulgarian bag + press-ups and sit-ups 3xpw but currently unable to continue with that due to tennis elbow.

Currently brisk walking 4 miles, looking to add some light jogging and perhaps some hill walking.

Diet will be 1800 calories comprising mostly.

Breakfast: Porridge with fruit/nuts or occasionally eggs on wholemeal toast sans butter. ~ 500 cals

Lunch: Soup, fruit or salad. ~ 300 cals.

Dinner. Mostly fish/chicken with veg/rice/pasta. ~ 1000 cals.

Seems an absolute winner to me, keep it up and watch it work.

So did OK the first week with a 3lb loss, then Mrs Red spotted a 14 day, 5 star all inclusive holiday for two to Mexico for sale on eBay. The seller has fallen out with his partner and with less than 36 hours left before departure was under considerable pressure to offload it. He paid £2260 and was looking for £1500, we agreed on a bag of sand to be paid once the tickets had been changed into our names. We rang the travel agents and they said it wouldn't be a problem so long as we were in their branch in Kent along with the seller first thing in the morning.

That was that. We went out for a slap up meal to celibate. No point in dieting now. We were, apparently, going on a 14 day all inclusive 5 star holiday to Mexico. Ay caramba!

We drove to Kent early the next morning and met the bloke. He was gutted to be losing more than half the cost of his holiday but he was even more gutted when he discovered that the airline wouldn't let the travel agent change the tickets into our names.

We were gutted too, so on the way home we had a slap up meal to console ourselves.

The next day I checked my weight and was glad to discover that I had only regained 2 of the 3lbs that I had lost. I got straight back on the horse and am currently on a 4lb loss over all. I'm happy with that all things considered.

We've just booked a fortnight in The Gambia. Not all inclusive this time though, breakfast only and then we will be fending for ourselves.

We leave on the 20th so will try to lose a bit more weight before then.

I hope malaria tablets aren't fattening.

Don't sweat short term weight fluctuations, I would honestly weigh in monthly and use that. If you don't see a change monthly you know you have been out inconsistent. You can weigh the same and be 95% consistent in a weekly timeframe.

Nightmare about the holiday though!

How do you enjoy/find the template meal plan you mentioned a few days ago?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: January 13, 2017, 10:13:42 AM »

Tough first week on my bench press mission. I picked up a cold in the early part of the week so couldn't train Wednesday or Thursday.

Managed to get in this morning for my accessory day which involves chest and back super sets.

Quite enjoyed Flat DB press in to single arm row. Managed to work it well on the bench so that it flowed quickly. The others were a bit tricky as the equipment isn't ideally placed. It was fine this morning but I'm sure at some point someone's going to hop in whilst I'm between sets.

Going to go in tomorrow for some light squats using the same principle as my deadlift training. Ridiculously light but perfect form.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: January 13, 2017, 12:20:16 PM »

Tough first week on my bench press mission. I picked up a cold in the early part of the week so couldn't train Wednesday or Thursday.

Managed to get in this morning for my accessory day which involves chest and back super sets.

Quite enjoyed Flat DB press in to single arm row. Managed to work it well on the bench so that it flowed quickly. The others were a bit tricky as the equipment isn't ideally placed. It was fine this morning but I'm sure at some point someone's going to hop in whilst I'm between sets.

Going to go in tomorrow for some light squats using the same principle as my deadlift training. Ridiculously light but perfect form.

Love the flat DB press into OAR combo

Also Inc DB press into chest supported row is a good one too.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: January 13, 2017, 05:27:23 PM »

Felt pretty shit today going in, headache and generally coldy but falling in love with dead stop rows

3x5 85/87.5 and feeling so strong with them. Not sure if I can hit 100 with them but we are on the road.

4x8 MP 50 again. Since MP is the one that saps me the most, just went for morale and tried to match last week, which I did.

Rest was some accessory movements.

Hopefully eating everything will help me recover in time for tomorrow, if not at least it will make me happy.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: January 15, 2017, 12:22:54 AM »

Skived off again this morning as I felt a bit coldy again. Feeling loads better now so my alarm's set for the morning to get my light legs session in.

Still keeping up my nightly stretching routine and minimum 100 press ups. I've been doing these in various formats including paused and also partials just trying to mimic the initial push off the chest in the bench.

Decided to weigh myself tonight as I haven't weighed in for ages. Surprised to be tipping the scales at 16st 2lb or 102kg. Can't remember last time I was over 16st without being what I'd consider fat so really happy that there's progress going on somewhere.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: January 16, 2017, 04:55:02 PM »

Skived off again this morning as I felt a bit coldy again. Feeling loads better now so my alarm's set for the morning to get my light legs session in.

Still keeping up my nightly stretching routine and minimum 100 press ups. I've been doing these in various formats including paused and also partials just trying to mimic the initial push off the chest in the bench.

Decided to weigh myself tonight as I haven't weighed in for ages. Surprised to be tipping the scales at 16st 2lb or 102kg. Can't remember last time I was over 16st without being what I'd consider fat so really happy that there's progress going on somewhere.

Solid weight right there.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: January 16, 2017, 04:56:04 PM »

Felt strong today and went in really tired.

3x5 Bench 85/87/5/90 and felt plenty left which is good

3x8 DB press at 34 felt easy too

3x8 OAR 48, I went chalk-less and felt ok. Probably on for 50s next week.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: January 17, 2017, 01:38:28 AM »

Felt strong today and went in really tired.

3x5 Bench 85/87/5/90 and felt plenty left which is good

3x8 DB press at 34 felt easy too

3x8 OAR 48, I went chalk-less and felt ok. Probably on for 50s next week.

Similar for me feeling really tired after about 3 hours sleep. I always seem to sleep badly on a Sunday after my lazy weekend so maybe Monday isn't the best for my bench day. Might have a re-think there.

Still got my 5 x 5 @ 90kg and 3 x 3 @ 95kg reasonably easily. The warm up on this routine is pretty intense and I think once I get used to that the bench will get even easier.

Just about managed to squeeze in some BOR up to 80kg which were tough as well as some light OHP which were bordering on impossible and finally some pull ups which were an absolute catastrophe. Can safely say I worked hard this morning Cheesy

DL tomorrow. Going to bump the weight up a touch and see how they go. Will report back in a few hours.....

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: