blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:26:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535407 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: February 13, 2017, 05:08:02 PM »

Lower back a little sore from Saturday still, so took me way longer than normal and had to ditch some accessory work.

4x5 Squats 117.5

4x8 RDL 100kg

Just one session today as I have work till late, but hopefully get two in tomorrow.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: February 13, 2017, 07:02:11 PM »

Lower back a little sore from Saturday still, so took me way longer than normal and had to ditch some accessory work.

4x5 Squats 117.5

4x8 RDL 100kg

Just one session today as I have work till late, but hopefully get two in tomorrow.

I felt something go twang in my chest on my 60kg warm up so can safely say I was still a bit sore too. I bailed those and managed BoR okay and also OHP so obviously nothing too severe thankfully. I almost skipped my session this morning as I felt fatigued but foolishly I went against my own better judgment and braved it. Why do we do these things?

I'm tempted to just take the rest of the week off to be honest as my hip flexors and glutes are still sore as well. Will see how I feel in the morning but unless I feel really good then it'll be at least one day off then take it from there.

Must've been a tough session as other than when I've injured myself I've not been in this much trouble for ages.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: February 13, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »

Looks like you guys really did smash yourselves, as well as the weights.

I'm not leaving the house until this has cleared up some, as I'm really bunged up and aching.

I've cancelled training until Thursday, hoping that I'm feeling better by then.

Half a dozen day/night nurse pills on top of the other dozen should keep me rattling around the house.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: February 13, 2017, 08:12:25 PM »

4x5 Squats 117.5

4x8 RDL 100kg

I felt something go twang in my chest on my 60kg warm up so can safely say I was still a bit sore too. I bailed those and managed BoR okay and also OHP so obviously nothing too severe thankfully. I almost skipped my session this morning as I felt fatigued but foolishly I went against my own better judgment and braved it. Why do we do these things?

I'm tempted to just take the rest of the week off to be honest as my hip flexors and glutes are still sore as well. Will see how I feel in the morning but unless I feel really good then it'll be at least one day off then take it from there.

Must've been a tough session as other than when I've injured myself I've not been in this much trouble for ages.

Mighta been optimistic doing it all in such a short space of time, not too sure how long powerlifters/OL lifters get in their meets, although they are probably going far harder than we are.

Hopefully will be fine in a few days, felt fine yesterday and dont have any major lower back intense work until Saturday. On a good roll too, so wanna keep it up the best I can.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: February 15, 2017, 12:02:28 AM »

Tough sessions today

No. 1

4x5 Bench 95

4x8e OAR 48

Some flyes, LPD, Inv Row, Press ups

No. 2

5x5e Split Squat 45kg

8x8 T bar Row

4x8 OH Squat 30kg. Really want a plate each side here (one so Matt can understand)

Shoulders and triceps to finish.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: February 16, 2017, 04:56:16 PM »

Session No1

4x5 Dead Stop rows 100kg

4x8 DB Press 34 kg

Accessory work

In for single leg leg press and volume ham curls later I think it is.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: February 16, 2017, 07:42:44 PM »

I've had to take a few days off with a dodgy shoulder. Think the 70kg x 3 might've slightly popped it Sad

Got back today and did a really light lower session. Leg press 170kg, squats and RDL just with the bar then a few leg curls. Stayed off the deadlift as my back felt a bit tight during the squats.

Feel pretty good now so will be back tomorrow. Weekend off and then hopefully back on it next week.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: February 16, 2017, 10:27:13 PM »

2 sessions is haaaaard. And ramming the food in is tough. Had to bring out the chocolate milk today.

5x5 Single Leg Leg press at 100

8x8 DB shoulder 20kg (non lock out so that was some serious tension)

4x8 Banded W pulls into Y press.

4x8 Front Squats at 70

4x12 Tricep

Back to back days with 2 sessions, so aiming for around 4500/5000 KCAL a day for today and tomorrow. Have DLs on Saturday too, so tough three days of training.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: February 17, 2017, 06:55:44 PM »

It's been a really steady week for me at the gym but a successful one outside as I've had what I'd class as a training epiphany.

The programme I've been following for my bench press seemed way too light to me in order to be able to hit 140kg which I managed on Saturday. The most I pressed was 112.5kg and that was for singles so how the hell was I supposed to hit the 130kg target never mind eclipse it and hit 140?

The lead up to Saturday was all well within my capabilities and meant that on the day I was feeling brilliant and fully fit. No injuries, no fatigue, basically as close to 100% as I could be. Since Saturday when I did the 1RM stuff I've been knackered. Definitely needed a week of rest to get over that tough session.

Clearly from this I don't need to be maxing out very often at all if my goal is to build strength. I've been at 75% to 85% mostly and then some accessory work and I've no idea how it worked but it did so I'm going to stick with it. I can't tell you how sceptical I was, it just made no sense to me at all but it worked and I don't need any further proof.

In the past I've always aimed for failure but that was bodybuilding and it's very different. I was in the 8 to 12 rep range with failure most sets often to the point of needing a spot to get that last one or two. It gave me a good physique but even though I was bigger back then my bench press was a full 40kg lighter.

Given that I'm getting on a bit now and it takes longer to recover this is obviously a good thing. If I can continue to get stronger without fucking myself up that would be brilliant. A 1RM test day once every couple of months followed by a week of to recoup could be a good plan.

I want to write loads more but I'm going to stop. Hopefully you get the gist of this. In summary you don't need to be at 90% of your max every session in order to increase your 100%

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: February 17, 2017, 08:27:47 PM »

It's been a really steady week for me at the gym but a successful one outside as I've had what I'd class as a training epiphany.

The programme I've been following for my bench press seemed way too light to me in order to be able to hit 140kg which I managed on Saturday. The most I pressed was 112.5kg and that was for singles so how the hell was I supposed to hit the 130kg target never mind eclipse it and hit 140?

The lead up to Saturday was all well within my capabilities and meant that on the day I was feeling brilliant and fully fit. No injuries, no fatigue, basically as close to 100% as I could be. Since Saturday when I did the 1RM stuff I've been knackered. Definitely needed a week of rest to get over that tough session.

Clearly from this I don't need to be maxing out very often at all if my goal is to build strength. I've been at 75% to 85% mostly and then some accessory work and I've no idea how it worked but it did so I'm going to stick with it. I can't tell you how sceptical I was, it just made no sense to me at all but it worked and I don't need any further proof.

In the past I've always aimed for failure but that was bodybuilding and it's very different. I was in the 8 to 12 rep range with failure most sets often to the point of needing a spot to get that last one or two. It gave me a good physique but even though I was bigger back then my bench press was a full 40kg lighter.

Given that I'm getting on a bit now and it takes longer to recover this is obviously a good thing. If I can continue to get stronger without fucking myself up that would be brilliant. A 1RM test day once every couple of months followed by a week of to recoup could be a good plan.

I want to write loads more but I'm going to stop. Hopefully you get the gist of this. In summary you don't need to be at 90% of your max every session in order to increase your 100%

Something we definitely agree on, we may of even had a mini difference of opinion a few months ago about this. I think training til failure needs to be really carefully planed.

Had to take a day today, had a migraine in the night last night so been wiped out. Annoying but always a chance, back to it tomorrow with some pause DLs.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: February 20, 2017, 09:10:49 AM »

First proper session back today and it felt really good. It was difficult not to go heavy on bench but I resisted and stuck to 5 x 5 @ 80kg. Going to stick to this until my next round of the programme starts in March. Might tweak it up slightly but not going to push at all.

Got some steady BoR up to 60kg that felt really good and then OHP to 50kg and finally pull ups SS with press ups.

Upper/lower/upper/lower this week and I'll probably stick to this until I get back from my little break.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: February 20, 2017, 01:41:43 PM »

DLs on Saturday, just did some pause/technique work.

Its meant to be legs today but don't feel to fresh so will switch it to upper and make it up tomorrow.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: February 20, 2017, 03:50:20 PM »

First day back and things went pretty well. Just went about 75%, and did a couple working sets at the same weight, or a final weight at a little lighter than working set.

No pain, which was nice, and think I'll stick along these lines for everything until I go away next month.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: February 20, 2017, 04:43:27 PM »

First day back and things went pretty well. Just went about 75%, and did a couple working sets at the same weight, or a final weight at a little lighter than working set.

No pain, which was nice, and think I'll stick along these lines for everything until I go away next month.

No pain always good.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: February 20, 2017, 04:44:17 PM »

4x5 Bench at 97.5 I am losing some of the control at the bottom, but I have too much of an ego not to do 100 next week.

4x8 OAR 48, felt good so moving onto 50s from next week.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: