blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:45:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 533748 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: October 22, 2017, 08:52:42 PM »

I've just had my last week off before Xmas.

Down to 15 1/2 stone, which is lightest I've been since I could walk unaided.

Not really following much of a diet, just trying to get >200g protein in, and whatever else comes with it.

See if I can get to 15 by Xmas, and not hit 16 before I go back to the gym after it Grin

Excellent work mate, 15st sounds a nice target for the next 8 weeks or so. Be interested to hear what you have on a typical day.

I'm still at 99kg same as I was before I stopped dieting and went back to maintenance. Nothing's really changed apart from having an extra pitta bread here and there as well as whole eggs instead of just the whites. I say nothing's changed but now I'm doing 6 days a week regularly I suppose it has. I'm getting quite a lot of work in now as well so will be burning quite a lot I would imagine.

I'm going to bump my calories a little bit over the next few weeks. Nothing major just throwing in two bananas + two scoops of protein, a teaspoon of honey and a scoop of creatine as a pre training smoothie. Seemed to give me a good kick this evening so will stick with it long enough to see if the results are worth sticking to. Probably adds 2000 calories or so per week so may start to add a bit of weight back on without going crazy and getting fat.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: October 23, 2017, 10:20:33 AM »

Not really following much of a diet, just trying to get >200g protein in, and whatever else comes with it.

See if I can get to 15 by Xmas, and not hit 16 before I go back to the gym after it Grin

Thats great stuff! Seems a pretty good diet strategy to me
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: October 23, 2017, 10:22:00 AM »

Excellent work mate, 15st sounds a nice target for the next 8 weeks or so. Be interested to hear what you have on a typical day.

I'm still at 99kg same as I was before I stopped dieting and went back to maintenance. Nothing's really changed apart from having an extra pitta bread here and there as well as whole eggs instead of just the whites. I say nothing's changed but now I'm doing 6 days a week regularly I suppose it has. I'm getting quite a lot of work in now as well so will be burning quite a lot I would imagine.

I'm going to bump my calories a little bit over the next few weeks. Nothing major just throwing in two bananas + two scoops of protein, a teaspoon of honey and a scoop of creatine as a pre training smoothie. Seemed to give me a good kick this evening so will stick with it long enough to see if the results are worth sticking to. Probably adds 2000 calories or so per week so may start to add a bit of weight back on without going crazy and getting fat.

Under the 100kg mark, how you feel strength wise?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: October 23, 2017, 11:49:49 AM »

Generally strong although if I was to attempt a max effort bench press I think 140kg would be a struggle. I did a couple of 120kg singles on Saturday although that was towards the end of benching so pretty fatigued. I got a 130kg triple with the slingshot but both times I've tried 140kg it's been incredibly slow. So definitely below par there but not too bad. I've made some technique changes recently which obviously doesn't help but will hopefully pay dividends once I have it locked in. They obviously skew things a bit but overall I'd say I'm pretty much the same as when I was at 106kg.

Squats are just shit. I'm working on them slowly but even 80kg isn't easy at the moment. I seem to lose form after about 4 reps so rather than risk injury I just stop. I'd say anything above RPE 6 and I just don't feel right. It's also now become a mental issue which really doesn't help but I'm not in a rush so no worries, definitely a long game there. I don't think that's a function of my weight though, just that I'm not a great squatter.

Deadlifts are coming along nicely although I won't be breaking any PRs any time soon. Just doing same as you keeping really tight which once I have that cracked I'm hoping will see a reasonably quick increase towards the high 100s next year.

I'm tempted to bang a bit of weight on to see if strength increases but to be honest I like having that slightly trimmer waistline. I'd happy sacrifice a few kgs on the bar for a few kgs hanging around my waist.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: October 23, 2017, 07:14:12 PM »

I usually have a Banana & Strawberry breakfast smoothie before training

https://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/complete-breakfast-protein-smoothie.html

4 scoop shake with some glutamine after workout

https://www.time4nutrition.co.uk/shop/protein-and-mass-gainers/time-4-whey-protein/

Usually a prawn & pasta salad in the afternoon, with a coiuple biscuits or something

Whatever I want fancy for dinner.

Casein shake an hour or so before bed

https://www.reflexnutrition.com/micellar-casein/

The supps are pretty steady, but the food can be anything.

That's when I realise I still need to ditch a bunch... I'm the same weight as you, but only about 5ft 9" Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: October 23, 2017, 07:40:32 PM »

https://www.time4nutrition.co.uk/shop/protein-and-mass-gainers/time-4-whey-protein/

Usually a prawn & pasta salad in the afternoon, with a coiuple biscuits or something

That's when I realise I still need to ditch a bunch... I'm the same weight as you, but only about 5ft 9" Cheesy

When I said I'd be interested to hear what you have on a typical day it was the bits you've skated around that I was referring to. We know your precise supplement intake but apparently your food can be anything......

How do you know what you need to supplement unless you know what you're eating?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: October 23, 2017, 07:56:01 PM »

Haha, I see what you meant now Cheesy

Well, my weekday takeaways are generally Nandos/Chicken Shish, so I can work out those macros exactly.

If I have a curry, I just go with the highest calories on Myfitnesspal.

Chinese just weigh the food as I chuck it on the plate, and then 1/2 it for whichever meat is in there. Hoping it's not actually Dog/Cat Grin

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: October 23, 2017, 09:27:01 PM »

Generally strong although if I was to attempt a max effort bench press I think 140kg would be a struggle. I did a couple of 120kg singles on Saturday although that was towards the end of benching so pretty fatigued. I got a 130kg triple with the slingshot but both times I've tried 140kg it's been incredibly slow. So definitely below par there but not too bad. I've made some technique changes recently which obviously doesn't help but will hopefully pay dividends once I have it locked in. They obviously skew things a bit but overall I'd say I'm pretty much the same as when I was at 106kg.

Squats are just shit. I'm working on them slowly but even 80kg isn't easy at the moment. I seem to lose form after about 4 reps so rather than risk injury I just stop. I'd say anything above RPE 6 and I just don't feel right. It's also now become a mental issue which really doesn't help but I'm not in a rush so no worries, definitely a long game there. I don't think that's a function of my weight though, just that I'm not a great squatter.

Deadlifts are coming along nicely although I won't be breaking any PRs any time soon. Just doing same as you keeping really tight which once I have that cracked I'm hoping will see a reasonably quick increase towards the high 100s next year.

I'm tempted to bang a bit of weight on to see if strength increases but to be honest I like having that slightly trimmer waistline. I'd happy sacrifice a few kgs on the bar for a few kgs hanging around my waist.

I feel my squat this time is slow progress, big portion mentally too. I enjoy much more body builder/hypertrophy work at the minute. Focusing on tension and a good range. But I do want to have a little strength blast.

Don't want to go to far over 90 though, quite like being more athletic and mobile and definitely don't gas as quick.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: October 23, 2017, 09:28:17 PM »

Wouldn't it be better not having a gainer shake and have a lower KCAL one, seems a pretty easy win to drop some extra lbs? Four scoops is pretty monstrous. Whats the thought process to it?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: October 23, 2017, 09:41:58 PM »

It's just a protein, and 50g of protein in one <300cal shake.

Also, they're very small scoops Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: October 23, 2017, 11:26:37 PM »

Haha, I see what you meant now Cheesy

Well, my weekday takeaways are generally Nandos/Chicken Shish, so I can work out those macros exactly.

If I have a curry, I just go with the highest calories on Myfitnesspal.

Chinese just weigh the food as I chuck it on the plate, and then 1/2 it for whichever meat is in there. Hoping it's not actually Dog/Cat Grin

You've got three meals a day so I really don't see why you need supplements as well. I know you want the protein boost but unless you're training really hard it's probably just empty calories.

I'd half that after training shake and possibly cut out the pre bedtime casein altogether unless you have a very long gap between dinner and going to bed. I'd be surprised if it affected you at all unless you're training really hard at the moment using movements that burn a lot of calories.

I'm sure the protein shakes help balance your overall macros so that they look better but if you want to lose a few more pounds you'd be better off with a 30/40/30 split at 2500 calories than 50/30/20 at 3000.

It's hard to cut out supplements when you've done them for so long, trust me I know, I've had loads. Seriously though I very much doubt you need them to stay alive and you'd probably be much better off having a banana if you're genuinely hungry and need a snack.

I went three months with just one scoop of protein in my morning smoothie and no other supplements. I lost over a stone in that time whilst increasing my training volume. I look much better now than I did before and at no point have I felt under nourished. Seriously I'd give it a go, you'll probably find you don't need supplements at all and it'll save you a small fortune.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: October 23, 2017, 11:27:39 PM »

It's just a protein, and 50g of protein in one <300cal shake.

Also, they're very small scoops Cheesy

I'll pretty much guarantee you don't need it.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: October 23, 2017, 11:54:51 PM »

I'm not too rigid, and just aim for >200g protein per day.

I'm still slowly dropping weight, but if I stop shedding timber, then I'd start eating a bit cleaner with my big meal in the evening, and cut my post workout shake, too.

I eat dinner around 9, and don't go to bed until around 3/4 usually.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: October 24, 2017, 12:06:59 AM »

I'm still slowly dropping weight, but if I stop shedding timber, then I'd start eating a bit cleaner with my big meal in the evening, and cut my post workout shake, too.

What time do you get up? Do you get plenty of sleep? That's always been one of my biggest downfalls with training, I don't get enough quality sleep.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: October 24, 2017, 12:24:57 AM »

What time do you get up? Do you get plenty of sleep? That's always been one of my biggest downfalls with training, I don't get enough quality sleep.

Usually get up about lunchtime.

12:30 - Shower/Shake

13:30 - Train

14:30 - Shake

16:00 - Lunch

18:00 - Snack

21:00 - Dinner

XX:XX - Anything else I fancy

02:30 - Shake

I never get undiisturbed sleep, as MS has gifted me a 90yo man's bladder, and lots of neuropathy Cheesy

I prob get about 6/7 hours a night, if you chuck the disturbances in.

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: