blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:24:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530804 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3300 on: February 01, 2020, 10:24:37 PM »

Today should've rounded off a month of 1RM attempts over all four lifts but the injury means I haven't done singles for either squat or OHP.

I'm going to have to rethink things next time round to make sure I get all the lifts in. Maybe get the single in and then skip the volume work or at the very least drop it right back to avoid over exertion. Possibly change the order so I get bench and OHP out of the way before the riskier (for me) squat and deadlift.

Maximums after the first run through are:

Squat 110kg (double)
Deadlift 150kg
OHP 80kg (double)
Bench 140kg

Total 480kg so another 100kg to find from somewhere..... GULP!!!

To be honest these numbers are close to where I expected to be so not a huge panic. First run through goals were:

Squat 110, deadlift 160, OHP 85 and bench 145.

I hit the squat target for a double so confident I could've beaten that. Deadlift single was really good form so there was more available if I went all in. Ironically I held some back on these so as not to injure myself then went stupid on accessories and f**ked myself up anyway. Bit disappointed not to have a go at OHP singles as I was expecting something big. No chance of even trying though with a weakened lower back so not to be. Might have got 145kg bench if I hadn't gone straight to 150 and burnt myself out completely. Got to try these things though when you're feeling good.

Still loving the programme and learning loads so looking forward to the next run through Smiley

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: February 15, 2020, 12:33:40 PM »

Weird week training, I still have real issues with my legs. If I get tired/stressed/anxious anything like that, they go really shaky to the point I have to use the rail to get up the stairs. Really strange, but then other days they seem absolute fine. Today was one of the good days. When I get the above points to my appetite just shuts down, and I am not really in a position where I want to force feed myself just for the cals, I will happily either catch up or just take the risk of some bad recovery and energy. I guess I am lucky like that, as I know a lot of people go completely the other way with their appetite.

I hate going to the gym on a Saturday as its always so busy, people spanner out and they don't put the weights away. But because of the aforementioned issues I had to postpone DL's until today. Glad I did though.

3x5 160kg with probably about 2/2/1 in the tank on each set. Really pleased. Not really light headed after each set, and legs held up really well.
3x8 Deadstop row 87.5kg (which might even be a lifetime PB for that weight, I think it was 3x6 at 90 before)
3x8 DP OHP 28kg, which I am really pleased with, I can confirm there wasn't many left in the tank there
3x6 OAR 42kg
3x8 Chins

Some accessory stuff.

So strange to feel so weak and helpless Thursday/Friday and be able to do that on Saturday. Wish I understand more in the mechanics to why this happens, what's the split between psychological and physiological etc. I don't know how someone can need the rail to get up the stairs then 24 hours can do that. I am currently 83kg to put a bit more perspective into the DL numbers, and nowhere near as lean as I was 2 years ago so I am pretty sure I am carrying less muscle mass. Also training 3x a week and not having it as a main focus point in life is probably more evidence to that.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: February 15, 2020, 04:54:32 PM »

Legs are funny things, lol. I used to find that my symptoms would sometimes flare up if I got agitated about things, but they'd only get really shaky after exercise or trying to walk to far. Now they're just shot all the time, so I don't have to worry about stress Cheesy

Looks like you're putting in solid numbers. Seriously good, in fact. Have you found that being more relaxed about training has made it more enjoyable? Even though you their was obvious frustrations in relation to everything that transpired.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: February 18, 2020, 12:01:16 AM »

Weird week training, I still have real issues with my legs. If I get tired/stressed/anxious anything like that, they go really shaky to the point I have to use the rail to get up the stairs. Really strange, but then other days they seem absolute fine. Today was one of the good days. When I get the above points to my appetite just shuts down, and I am not really in a position where I want to force feed myself just for the cals, I will happily either catch up or just take the risk of some bad recovery and energy. I guess I am lucky like that, as I know a lot of people go completely the other way with their appetite.

I hate going to the gym on a Saturday as its always so busy, people spanner out and they don't put the weights away. But because of the aforementioned issues I had to postpone DL's until today. Glad I did though.

3x5 160kg with probably about 2/2/1 in the tank on each set. Really pleased. Not really light headed after each set, and legs held up really well.
3x8 Deadstop row 87.5kg (which might even be a lifetime PB for that weight, I think it was 3x6 at 90 before)
3x8 DP OHP 28kg, which I am really pleased with, I can confirm there wasn't many left in the tank there
3x6 OAR 42kg
3x8 Chins

Some accessory stuff.

So strange to feel so weak and helpless Thursday/Friday and be able to do that on Saturday. Wish I understand more in the mechanics to why this happens, what's the split between psychological and physiological etc. I don't know how someone can need the rail to get up the stairs then 24 hours can do that. I am currently 83kg to put a bit more perspective into the DL numbers, and nowhere near as lean as I was 2 years ago so I am pretty sure I am carrying less muscle mass. Also training 3x a week and not having it as a main focus point in life is probably more evidence to that.

So solid with those dead lifts mate. I managed a triple at 120kg and then 3 x 5 at 100kg last week so I'm miles behind.

My squats are slowly improving which I'm really pleased about. I'm taking it ridiculously slow with them hoping to build strength and hit a decent number later in the year. Started with paused squats now for my volume work which I'm enjoying quite a lot.

Recently started with the dead stop rows after you suggested them via text a while ago..... Only going light at 50kg for now but should be able to get to 80+ reasonably soon I would think.

Hit a 75kg triple on OHP last week. Doubles tomorrow hoping for 80kg+ in preparation for a PR attempt in two weeks time. Looking forward to that.

Keep posting your numbers mate. Love to see your progress.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: February 21, 2020, 09:28:26 AM »

Big dead lift improvement for me last night over recent weeks.

120kg for 7 is a PR. Felt tough but form seemed okay. Volume work was at 85kg and did 11 and 10 reps which were insanely difficult.

Don't feel too beat up today so I'm hoping everything has held together. Any adverse effects don't usually kick in for a couple of days so I'll know by tomorrow if I've f**ked myself up again.

Managed 80kg double for OHP on Tuesday which was so tough. First rep was harder than the first and I don't think 85kg would've moved if I'd been going for a 1RM.

All in all really happy with everything at the moment.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: February 21, 2020, 11:15:50 AM »

Dont do too much lifting ..but increasing as it ties in a bit to my usual stuff :

Squat 150kg
Deadlift 150kg
OHP 70kg
Bench 120kg

Squat Clean 90kg

My dead lift is horrible as my grip seems to slip but i dont really do them for heavy weight often.. more concerned about hurting myself at my age more than anything.... most of them are worked into other workouts that contain other movements such as burpees so usually weight is around 60-100kg for 10+ reps and multiple rounds

example :

for time 6 rounds of

100KG Dead Lift
10 Burpees

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: February 21, 2020, 11:33:15 AM »

Dont do too much lifting ..but increasing as it ties in a bit to my usual stuff :

Squat 150kg
Deadlift 150kg
OHP 70kg
Bench 120kg

Squat Clean 90kg

My dead lift is horrible as my grip seems to slip but i dont really do them for heavy weight often.. more concerned about hurting myself at my age more than anything.... most of them are worked into other workouts that contain other movements such as burpees so usually weight is around 60-100kg for 10+ reps and multiple rounds

example :

for time 6 rounds of

100KG Dead Lift
10 Burpees

They're great numbers mate. I'd happily sacrifice a bit on my bench for those squat and deadlift numbers.

I have the same concerns with age and injuries but my threshold seems so low I just have to accept it. I'm hoping that by slowly getting stronger the injuries will be fewer but it often doesn't work out.

Don't you use straps for deadlift when they get a bit heavier?

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: February 21, 2020, 01:44:30 PM »

Squat 150kg
Deadlift 150kg
OHP 70kg
Bench 120kg

Squat Clean 90kg

example :

for time 6 rounds of

100KG Dead Lift
10 Burpees

They're great numbers mate. I'd happily sacrifice a bit on my bench for those squat and deadlift numbers.

I have the same concerns with age and injuries but my threshold seems so low I just have to accept it. I'm hoping that by slowly getting stronger the injuries will be fewer but it often doesn't work out.

Don't you use straps for deadlift when they get a bit heavier?

To be honest im built for squatting being a bit on the short side Smiley bit tougher for you tall lads to come down all that way and back up... i could maybe go another 20kg for 1 rep but as said i dont want to blow a knee or do my back ... straps have been mentioned and maybe some chalk but i dont go close to the max often and ive come to thinking of that i probably wont in the future and will stick lighter more reps scenario

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: February 22, 2020, 02:35:44 PM »

Don't feel too beat up today so I'm hoping everything has held together. Any adverse effects don't usually kick in for a couple of days so I'll know by tomorrow if I've f**ked myself up again.

Bad news: F**ked myself up again.....

Good news: Remembered that I used to do self re-alignment, gave it a go and it seems to have worked.

Physio said that my hips twist a bit so the left one is further forward than the right. It's not a problem if I get them straightened again but the longer they stay out of line the more they pull on the muscles and mess things up. Eventually the muscles start to pull on the hips and it becomes a vicious circle. The mis-alignment itself doesn't hurt which is why I don't know if I've done it until a few days later when the muscles start to get sore.

I did a bit of research on you tube to remind myself of re-alignment techniques and found one that made my back 'POP' in a lovely way. Always a good sign when you get a pop Smiley

Feels better already so I think I've sorted it.

If it's this simple to straighten out it could be ground breaking for me. Means I can do my deadlifts and then not have the worry of a few weeks out with injury.

See how it goes but currently feeling good about the potential.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: February 22, 2020, 08:05:41 PM »

Fantastic bench day today so had to update...... I always like reading back on this thread so you'll always get to hear about anything halfway decent Cheesy

10RM day on the programme with the target being 110-115kg. I felt really good warming up so thought I'd have a go at 120kg for japes. Didn't get the 10 but managed 8 which is still really good and equals my 8RM PR but without quite so much of a struggle. Dropped back down to 110kg after that and got the full 10 with a bit left in the tank which after the previous set I was really happy with.

Volume was 24 reps at 80kg and I went for the whole lot in one go. Got agonisingly close at 23 with a spot for the last 1/4 of rep 24. Don't think I've ever felt so f**ked after a set of bench.

One of the best things about this programme is that you get to adjust your weight based on how you feel so you're always pushing yourself. It's a great sign that I'm 18 weeks in to it now and still absolutely loving it. The varying reps keep it so fresh I can't see how I'd ever get bored of it.

Happy times Smiley

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: February 23, 2020, 12:23:59 AM »

Fantastic bench day today so had to update...... I always like reading back on this thread so you'll always get to hear about anything halfway decent Cheesy

10RM day on the programme with the target being 110-115kg. I felt really good warming up so thought I'd have a go at 120kg for japes. Didn't get the 10 but managed 8 which is still really good and equals my 8RM PR but without quite so much of a struggle. Dropped back down to 110kg after that and got the full 10 with a bit left in the tank which after the previous set I was really happy with.

Volume was 24 reps at 80kg and I went for the whole lot in one go. Got agonisingly close at 23 with a spot for the last 1/4 of rep 24. Don't think I've ever felt so f**ked after a set of bench.

One of the best things about this programme is that you get to adjust your weight based on how you feel so you're always pushing yourself. It's a great sign that I'm 18 weeks in to it now and still absolutely loving it. The varying reps keep it so fresh I can't see how I'd ever get bored of it.

Happy times Smiley

Good solid work there Mr Evil... 

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: March 01, 2020, 10:58:57 PM »

Another little PR yesterday with 130kg for 4 reps. Probably had another in the tank as well so a good strong day.

OHP last week was 75kg for 4 which I think is a PR. 1RM attempt is programmed for Tuesday so I'd like to think there's a PR possibility although it'll be really tough.

Usual poor performance for squats and dead lifts but both are showing improvements albeit slowly

Really need to get my squats heavier than my bench at some point. It's not great that I can support 140kg with my arms but can't get anywhere near that across my shoulders. My core must be so weak......

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: March 02, 2020, 12:02:11 PM »

Had got to sub 14stone but two weeks in Vegas put paid to that.

Only managed three half-sessions at the gym and the dietary good intentions gradually went out the window as per.

Leftover Haribos and water for breakfast one morning. Florentines are just too good also. Likewise peanut butter and tomato sandwiches.

Still to find a decent Vegas gym for cardio stuff. There's a rumour of a rowing machine at Palms but whether it'e true I've no idea.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: March 02, 2020, 08:47:51 PM »

Another little PR yesterday with 130kg for 4 reps. Probably had another in the tank as well so a good strong day.

OHP last week was 75kg for 4 which I think is a PR. 1RM attempt is programmed for Tuesday so I'd like to think there's a PR possibility although it'll be really tough.

Usual poor performance for squats and dead lifts but both are showing improvements albeit slowly

Really need to get my squats heavier than my bench at some point. It's not great that I can support 140kg with my arms but can't get anywhere near that across my shoulders. My core must be so weak......

Nice numbers there!

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: March 02, 2020, 08:48:47 PM »

Had got to sub 14stone but two weeks in Vegas put paid to that.

Only managed three half-sessions at the gym and the dietary good intentions gradually went out the window as per.

Leftover Haribos and water for breakfast one morning. Florentines are just too good also. Likewise peanut butter and tomato sandwiches.

Still to find a decent Vegas gym for cardio stuff. There's a rumour of a rowing machine at Palms but whether it'e true I've no idea.

Which Haribo? Pretty sure there is only one real answer, potentially room for negotiation on a second.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: