blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:04:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530763 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3420 on: May 05, 2020, 06:08:20 PM »

Cheers for posting Marky.  Quality video from Eddie as usual.   Typical stokie hard as fuck.   I think he is going to destroy thor on fitness/engine and will drop down to probably 22 stone.  Anyone got any prices up yet?  I would make Eddie a very short price tbh to win this.

You think? Thor is a freak, I know from the video comparisons that are to date Eddie does look somewhat the 'better boxer'. But surely Thor is favourite?

I can see it being a horrible thing to watch. Hopefully they keep it sporting but I can imagine it degenerating in to a scrap between two immovable monsters unless all the talk is just posturing for the views. It's highly likely they're actually great mates but are cashing in on this 'rivalry' and who could blame them. There seemed to be a rivalry between Thor and Shaw until a recent video interview they did together on YouTube which showed they really don't dislike each other at all.

Lot's of collabs going on in the strongman world at the moment on YouTube so I really wouldn't be surprised if this isn't just a gimmick.

Don't think Eddie will 'destroy' Thor on fitness at all. Maybe if Thor stays at 32st he will but I can't imagine him doing that.

Exactly what he says as well.

McGregor and Mayweather mugging each other off until the money was in the bank, and then it's all hugs & praise Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: May 05, 2020, 08:08:02 PM »

Cheers for posting Marky.  Quality video from Eddie as usual.   Typical stokie hard as fuck.   I think he is going to destroy thor on fitness/engine and will drop down to probably 22 stone.  Anyone got any prices up yet?  I would make Eddie a very short price tbh to win this.

You think? Thor is a freak, I know from the video comparisons that are to date Eddie does look somewhat the 'better boxer'. But surely Thor is favourite?

I can see it being a horrible thing to watch. Hopefully they keep it sporting but I can imagine it degenerating in to a scrap between two immovable monsters unless all the talk is just posturing for the views. It's highly likely they're actually great mates but are cashing in on this 'rivalry' and who could blame them. There seemed to be a rivalry between Thor and Shaw until a recent video interview they did together on YouTube which showed they really don't dislike each other at all.

Lot's of collabs going on in the strongman world at the moment on YouTube so I really wouldn't be surprised if this isn't just a gimmick.

Don't think Eddie will 'destroy' Thor on fitness at all. Maybe if Thor stays at 32st he will but I can't imagine him doing that.

Exactly what he says as well.

McGregor and Mayweather mugging each other off until the money was in the bank, and then it's all hugs & praise Cheesy

Eddie has said for years he thinks Thor is a prick since he won WSM in 2017 and thor was bitching and moaning about rules during that final.  Unless this has been carefully planned for 3 years now i think the dislike is genuine.   I don't think it takes a lot for Eddie to genuinely dislike someone tbh!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: May 05, 2020, 09:00:17 PM »

If it's worth 7 figures, it doesn't matter if he likes him of not Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: May 05, 2020, 09:01:37 PM »

If it's worth 7 figures, it doesn't matter if he likes him of not Cheesy

Correct Thor will gas so much quicker than Eddie surely?   Just hard to see how Eddie doesn't win for me.  Be interesting to see how the firms price it up when they do.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: May 05, 2020, 09:10:37 PM »

That's what Greg Doucette said in the video.

Thor >30 stone, and has to have comps in mind. Eddie can trim down as much as he wants, this is his only goal.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: May 05, 2020, 09:21:22 PM »

That's what Greg Doucette said in the video.

Thor >30 stone, and has to have comps in mind. Eddie can trim down as much as he wants, this is his only goal.

I think Eddie might actually be doing it to fully trim down to a semi manageable weight for the rest of his life to not die pre 50 and get paid handsomely for the priv!  It seems crazy for Thor to take this one prior to retirement from Strongman as he is still at his absolute peak.   Can only mean he won't be taking it seriously at all and its all about the cheque.  Which is fair enough.   Not cheap to feed him i imagine.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: May 05, 2020, 09:33:13 PM »

Seen some clips of Eddie in a charity fight (no idea when from) and he looked absolutely horrible. Lost to a smaller guy. I'd be a fave over Hall on that form.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: May 05, 2020, 09:44:42 PM »

Seen some clips of Eddie in a charity fight (no idea when from) and he looked absolutely horrible. Lost to a smaller guy. I'd be a fave over Hall on that form.

Thor isn't going to be any mover or shaker at boxing at his size imo.   
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: May 06, 2020, 12:34:42 AM »

Thor isn't going to be any mover or shaker at boxing at his size imo.   

I agree, of course.

Boxing was my main (and almost only) form of exercise pre-lockdown and I'm missing it badly. I don't suppose anyone knows what kind of weight (kg) I should be looking for in a punchbag for the gaff? I definitely don't want anything too light.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: May 06, 2020, 12:44:36 AM »

Thor by murder Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: May 06, 2020, 07:41:08 AM »

Interesting YouTube video by Laurence Shahlaei saying that the bad blood is very real. He's known Eddie very well for many years and doesn't come across as a liar at all.

He was commentating on the 501kg pull and his reaction to Thor calling Eddie out was clearly one of shock so that adds credibility. If anyone was in on the pre-fight posturing it would be big Loz so I'm now swinging towards the 'this is a real scrap' camp.

There's now talk that Thor is going to miss WSM 2021 to train for this and in all honesty who could blame him? How many WSM wins would it take to get $1M in the bank alongside the same level of publicity for future earning potential?

Would be a shame if we don't get to see Thors true strongman potential as I can't imagine him ever getting back to where he is if he takes a year out and drops 10st or more.

I think he needs to stay huge for a while just to get a 520kg deadlift completed in competition before he really focuses on the boxing. Problem is he doesn't know when the next competition is going to be so it's incredibly difficult to prepare. He could waste 3 months of potential cutting and conditioning for the fight if he hangs on to the weight hoping for an opportunity to cement his deadlift crown.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: May 06, 2020, 12:24:14 PM »

Interesting YouTube video by Laurence Shahlaei saying that the bad blood is very real. He's known Eddie very well for many years and doesn't come across as a liar at all.

He was commentating on the 501kg pull and his reaction to Thor calling Eddie out was clearly one of shock so that adds credibility. If anyone was in on the pre-fight posturing it would be big Loz so I'm now swinging towards the 'this is a real scrap' camp.

There's now talk that Thor is going to miss WSM 2021 to train for this and in all honesty who could blame him? How many WSM wins would it take to get $1M in the bank alongside the same level of publicity for future earning potential?

Would be a shame if we don't get to see Thors true strongman potential as I can't imagine him ever getting back to where he is if he takes a year out and drops 10st or more.

I think he needs to stay huge for a while just to get a 520kg deadlift completed in competition before he really focuses on the boxing. Problem is he doesn't know when the next competition is going to be so it's incredibly difficult to prepare. He could waste 3 months of potential cutting and conditioning for the fight if he hangs on to the weight hoping for an opportunity to cement his deadlift crown.

I definitely get the feeling they don't like each other. There can't be many sports outside boxing/combat where ego's are shaped in that way. But then they are both savvy enough to realise they need to make the most out of the situation. Likely they will only do it once, so they have to make sure they get the most from it. I heard WSM gets 55-65k in prize money, not sure how true that is. But I can't imagine it being much more.

I totally understand why he would do it from that perspective. Its bigger exposure too, which will probably help the post strongman career too.

The health side Eddie suffered from the 500kg makes me think you can't have too many shots and being that weight, staying at that weight and being able to throw up 100s of KG.

I heard somewhere they offered 100k USD to 501, so not sure if he will get an offer for 500, or if he even got the money since there wasn't a stadium etc.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: May 07, 2020, 10:49:10 AM »

Sounds like gyms are going to be shut until Autumn per the original lockdown unlocking details and their 5 stage plan.   Could be a long summer of walking!
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: May 07, 2020, 12:14:25 PM »

Cycling is the future. I've had a bike again for three years and it's the nuts in the summer. Apart from that time I can off an fractured my elbow trying to go through a ford at speed.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: May 09, 2020, 12:33:53 AM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/eddie-hall-v-hafthor-bjornsson/winner

They have opened up and made Eddie a 6/4 dog.  Let's get involved!  That is so wrong surely?
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: