blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:05:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530781 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3510 on: July 27, 2020, 08:07:59 AM »

Anyone else make it in for day 1?

I was there for a chest session and it was interesting to say the least.

Gym itself was fine, pretty much like it was before. Obviously a few changes and the 'no spotting' rule is a pain but generally fine.

Anyway despite managing to train a reasonable amount in my garage for the last 4 months my strength level has dropped hugely.

Shortly before lockdown I managed a PB of 120kg for 8 reps..... Today...... 80kg 

I know it won't take too long to get back in to it but I still expected more than I got. Even my mate who hit 170kg for a single and 140kg for 8 was stuck at 100kg

Really enjoyed it though and can't wait to get back in to it properly.

I ache... DOMS is the most annoying thing ever. Hopefully just a few days and I can banish it again.

With you on the strength, prettifying much 50-60% of everything.

Great to get back in, managed two days for about 45 mins. The gym is pretty quiet to be honest, not too sure if they will even get too busy. Normally at a weekend its rammed.

Lol. My chest is killing 

How's your CNS after the break? 4 months maybe helped a bit with that side of things I would imagine?

Movement wise I was really pleased with how it went, strength wise obviously down. Haven't felt too many after effects just yet, although I did fall asleep for about an hour after the Saturday session. Not looking to get too much volume in for a few weeks yet.

I slept a lot anyway when I was getting back into it post operation, but I was doing a lot less in life. So be interesting to see how it goes this time, guess it will help gauge the overall recovery.

Mapped out a little plan for the next 4-6 months with numbers that are pretty straightforward if I was pre haemorrhage, guess we will see how close to that I can get. Left the squat out again after I hit 80 for 6, just because that was such a sticking point last time. Dropped reps to get to 90, but just couldn't build any momentum.
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: July 27, 2020, 08:40:14 PM »

My gym is still shut until further notice Sad

Everyone Active really are struggling with the local councils for whatever reason. I fear they may be busto
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: August 01, 2020, 10:51:02 AM »

Ive been lucky to train with  my PT at a private closed facility during lockdown ..but went to my normal David Lloyds Tuesday. Was very quiet and had a very subdued feel to it. They have spaced the equipment out and moved some of it to a couple of the indoor tennis courts.Everyone dutifully spraying and cleaning after themselves..me included as i am an abso sweat machine... tbf i always wiped down equipment i used before for the aforementioned reason Smiley

Id say from pre lockdown attendance was down about 70%.. car park had a fraction of the vehicles.

Class sizes massively reduced..indoor spinning from 35 to 6..which i think is a bit excessive..its a deece size studio and the classes are booked out for two weeks in advance..hopefully this increases as we move forward.

Think it will increase as people feel a bit more confident.. fingers crossed

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: August 07, 2020, 01:56:48 PM »

So I've done less since the gyms re-opened than I was doing before.

I'm really struggling to get back in to a routine and also got hampered by having a cold last week which meant I couldn't go. Also got my dreaded hip issue flaring up again to further reinforce the can't be arsed attitude.

I've been trying to do a few press ups and managed a little shoulder session in my garage but it's really not great at the moment.

I have to be honest if I didn't have a training partner there's zero chance I'd be going tomorrow. I desperately need to get back in to the routine as soon as I possibly can.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: August 07, 2020, 03:13:04 PM »

Just about to head off for my 4th session of the week at 4, and glad it's the last one, as I'm in bits, lol.

My excessive takeaway use during lockdown has not done too much damage, and I only put on a stone between MyFitnessPal check-ins. I was 221 after Cheltenham in mid March, and 235 on Monday when I weighed myself.

I'm off to Turkey for 2 weeks next month, but won't be doing much apart from lazing around and working from the hotel.

My excessive mission to keep local takeaways afloat over the last 4 months has meant I've managed to concoct of dishes that aren't really cheats when eaten with an Uncle Ben's Basmati.

Deano living the dream as always, and not going to get run over in those trainers I saw the other day Grin

Hope you manage to get your hip sorted, Matt.

CBFitis is a thing, and I have it everyday when I wake up, lol. I'm sure once things return to some normality and you're not niggled it'll be better!

Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: August 08, 2020, 11:43:01 AM »

I moaned it in successfully and my gym has reopened. It's ideal as there's only 5-7 other people there in the mornings before work currently. Lots of cleaning and going on and a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere.

My body is in absolute bits this week though from this and a little football training.

Bench is the only movement not in the bin weight-wise so far, I guess all the lockdown pressups is the reason
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: August 08, 2020, 03:44:46 PM »

So I've done less since the gyms re-opened than I was doing before.

I'm really struggling to get back in to a routine and also got hampered by having a cold last week which meant I couldn't go. Also got my dreaded hip issue flaring up again to further reinforce the can't be arsed attitude.

I've been trying to do a few press ups and managed a little shoulder session in my garage but it's really not great at the moment.

I have to be honest if I didn't have a training partner there's zero chance I'd be going tomorrow. I desperately need to get back in to the routine as soon as I possibly can.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me.

So far when I have been in there hasn't been more than 20, I think a lot of people arent quite back in the groove. Not sure if its the case across all Pure's but in the one I am in, you cant even train with people yet even if you live with them, you get asked to separate.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: August 08, 2020, 03:45:58 PM »

Just about to head off for my 4th session of the week at 4, and glad it's the last one, as I'm in bits, lol.

My excessive takeaway use during lockdown has not done too much damage, and I only put on a stone between MyFitnessPal check-ins. I was 221 after Cheltenham in mid March, and 235 on Monday when I weighed myself.

I'm off to Turkey for 2 weeks next month, but won't be doing much apart from lazing around and working from the hotel.

My excessive mission to keep local takeaways afloat over the last 4 months has meant I've managed to concoct of dishes that aren't really cheats when eaten with an Uncle Ben's Basmati.

Deano living the dream as always, and not going to get run over in those trainers I saw the other day Grin

Hope you manage to get your hip sorted, Matt.

CBFitis is a thing, and I have it everyday when I wake up, lol. I'm sure once things return to some normality and you're not niggled it'll be better!

Lovely stuff with 4 sessions.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: August 08, 2020, 03:46:27 PM »

I moaned it in successfully and my gym has reopened. It's ideal as there's only 5-7 other people there in the mornings before work currently. Lots of cleaning and going on and a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere.

My body is in absolute bits this week though from this and a little football training.

Bench is the only movement not in the bin weight-wise so far, I guess all the lockdown pressups is the reason

Must be nice for some Sad
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: August 08, 2020, 03:51:11 PM »

First session back was v disappointed with how reduced the strength was, but then managed 2x6 DL at 130 today, so it's coming back nicely. Gone full excel mode with this training program to really try and focus on overload and make sure there is progression over the next few months. Just for a bit of balance, bench was 2x6 60 and to full failure, so we embrace the full variance of lockdown.

Numbers in general are still down quite a lot, but luckily the quality/movement/connection seems to have come back quite well, so really pleased with that. Obviously very stiff the first week but feeling pretty good now.

Had a slight worry on Tuesday night where my heart kept skipping a beat, and I'm a little on the hypochondriac side now, so took myself to A&E but all seemed ok, just need to organise to see a cardiologist to make sure its nothing too sinister. I am pretty sure its all good, but I feel significantly less undestructable these days so want to double check.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: August 08, 2020, 04:38:46 PM »

I couldn't deadlift 130lbs, so that's pretty decent Grin

I'm back to 60kg working sets for bench, too.

My strength is down a fair bit across everything, but I didn't want to push it first week, and going to stick to the same weights until I go away in 4 weeks time, and then try to hammer myself in the run up to Xmas.

My biggest achievement over lockdown is not putting on much weight, considering I didn't touch MfP once Cheltenham was done, lol.

Glad we're all back at it, in various guises and levels of enthusiasm, as it may be Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: August 08, 2020, 04:40:11 PM »

Had a slight worry on Tuesday night where my heart kept skipping a beat, and I'm a little on the hypochondriac side now, so took myself to A&E but all seemed ok, just need to organise to see a cardiologist to make sure its nothing too sinister. I am pretty sure its all good, but I feel significantly less undestructable these days so want to double check.

Given everything you've been through, I don't think you could ever be labelled a hypochondriac for wanting things checked out, mate.

Hope they get you in and given the all clear lively, so you can forget about it.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: August 08, 2020, 04:49:55 PM »

I couldn't deadlift 130lbs, so that's pretty decent Grin

I'm back to 60kg working sets for bench, too.

My strength is down a fair bit across everything, but I didn't want to push it first week, and going to stick to the same weights until I go away in 4 weeks time, and then try to hammer myself in the run up to Xmas.

My biggest achievement over lockdown is not putting on much weight, considering I didn't touch MfP once Cheltenham was done, lol.

Glad we're all back at it, in various guises and levels of enthusiasm, as it may be Smiley

60kg is tough, couldn't believe how heavy it was, I am sure there was a day where that was a warm up. Very much a working set in todays world.

I am going through so many quandaries with MFP lately, especially with the constant obesity talk. I still think its an essential option, I struggle to find too many reasons for people not to use it at some point, not perhaps forever or for long periods, but for a few weeks at at time to create awareness. I think anyone coming out of lockdown can be somewhat forgiven regardless of the outcome. Pretty unheard of in terms of situation. Do you use it reguarly/have you used it regularly?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: August 08, 2020, 04:52:05 PM »

Given everything you've been through, I don't think you could ever be labelled a hypochondriac for wanting things checked out, mate.

Hope they get you in and given the all clear lively, so you can forget about it.

True, I do think I have a reasonably good balance, there's been a few times I've been a little worried and just gone through it. Want to find the balance so I'm not that guy that spends more time badgering the NHS than actually living. Every time I have any encounter with the NHS i come away thinking how mental it is we get access to them. I am sure people do have bad experiences but I cant think of a single time I have come away not completely content with the process.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: August 08, 2020, 05:02:35 PM »

True, I do think I have a reasonably good balance, there's been a few times I've been a little worried and just gone through it. Want to find the balance so I'm not that guy that spends more time badgering the NHS than actually living. Every time I have any encounter with the NHS i come away thinking how mental it is we get access to them. I am sure people do have bad experiences but I cant think of a single time I have come away not completely content with the process.

Yeah, I think most people would be straight on the blower if their heart started doing that. Definitely agree on the latter. They're superb, and for all the moaners, I'd send them to the states for a few years, and see how they like those apples.

NHS is amazing, and we're lucky to have it!

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: