blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:46:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  "The Online games are not fair anymore"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Online games are not fair anymore"  (Read 49333 times)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2015, 01:27:13 PM »

People continue to get better, recs continue to blame things other than themselves.

Nothing changes really.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2015, 01:58:26 PM »

People continue to get better, recs continue to blame things other than themselves.

Nothing changes really.

I think you're missing the point. Recs are just stating that they want to enjoy the game as recs and not want to put the same amount of effort as a pro, ergo recs do blame themselves but aren't willing to do anything about it.

So as a rec myself, who just wants to play win or lose and who doesn't want to start studying the game and all the tools that a pro would do, I wont play online.

My question to you is - Do you want more people like me to play online?

Ah! The element of surprise
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2015, 02:08:37 PM »

Nothing changes really.

I think you're missing the point. Recs are just stating that they want to enjoy the game as recs and not want to put the same amount of effort as a pro, ergo recs do blame themselves but aren't willing to do anything about it.

So as a rec myself, who just wants to play win or lose and who doesn't want to start studying the game and all the tools that a pro would do, I wont play online.

Yes, but how do we fix that?

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2015, 02:10:01 PM »

Of course I want you to play, I'd like everyone to play.

I can't help that the game has evolved in a way that is pushing a select few out of the games. There are tons and tons of recs always signing up to play poker online and the new recs just see huds as part of the game.

<3 ENSUING
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2015, 02:15:27 PM »

Nothing changes really.

Give me the impression that I've got a fighting chance to win.

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2015, 02:18:34 PM »

Nothing changes really.

If you understand the game enough that there is a lot of skill involved and that you know you need to put a lot of effort in and you aren't prepared to do so, then I can't do that.

<3 ENSUING
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2015, 02:20:29 PM »

There are tons and tons of recs always signing up to play poker online and the new recs just see huds as part of the game.

are there Dan? not the understanding i have. the amount of money funnelling into the system from new entrants has dried up, has it not?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2015, 02:22:30 PM »

There are tons and tons of recs always signing up to play poker online and the new recs just see huds as part of the game.

Doubly wrong - the 'tons and tons of recs' aren't happening any more and those that do are mostly oblivious to huds.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2015, 02:23:33 PM »

Of course I want you to play, I'd like everyone to play.

I can't help that the game has evolved in a way that is pushing a select few out of the games. There are tons and tons of recs always signing up to play poker online and the new recs just see huds as part of the game.

I don't have anything to back this up but I would be really surprised if the retention rate of new sign ups is anything to shout about. You need recs to stick at it long term.

I am not party to the numbers on how many people are signing up to poker sites but I do hear players moaning about the liquidity in the game is diminishing and how much harder it is to earn the kind of money of just a few years ago.

Encourage recs like me to play by giving me the impression of a level playing field and you'll make money and we wont cry about losing.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2015, 02:26:10 PM »

Nothing changes really.

If you understand the game enough that there is a lot of skill involved and that you know you need to put a lot of effort in and you aren't prepared to do so, then I can't do that.

I feel I have the skill to get lucky against you but I also feel that in the current age of trackers and huds and tools luck isn't enough.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2015, 02:26:49 PM »

Nothing changes really.

You play golf right? Why bother with the handicap system? There is a lot of skill involved in golf and you need to put a lot of effort in!! If you don't work as hard as the pros why should you get free shots when you play them??

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2015, 02:28:44 PM »

Nothing changes really.

You play golf right? Why bother with the handicap system? There is a lot of skill involved in golf and you need to put a lot of effort in!! If you don't work as hard as the pros why should you get free shots when you play them??

Just when I think you deserve the finger you write something good.

The older I get, the better I was.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2015, 02:43:03 PM »

I disagree with you Mantis. With golf, it is very very clear who is better and who is not. In poker, not so.

In golf and just like poker, you can choose which games to play. In golf there is hardly an incentive for me to invest thousands in to becoming professional because the gap is just so so large.

In poker, the gap is pretty marginal. It's extremely marginal if you think that if I gave my girlfriend a mouse and a computer that she could beat Luke Fields in a HU reg speed NLHE sng 20% of the time by just going allin.

I don't seem me beating Mcllroy any time soon.

<3 ENSUING
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2015, 02:55:31 PM »

Is there actually anything we as individuals can do about this?

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2015, 02:57:57 PM »

Is there actually anything we as individuals can do about this?

Move down limits
Play sites with softer opponents
Play live

Most people playing mid stakes online definitely don't know how to use a hud, including a lot of the regs. I'm talking of course mtt's. I can't talk for the cash world.

<3 ENSUING
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: