blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:49:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Syria, Migrants and Online Comments
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Syria, Migrants and Online Comments  (Read 32793 times)
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2015, 07:46:06 PM »

Also sickened by camerons decision to release months old news about a syrian air strike, which was contrary to a commons vote, straight after the events of the weekend, to avoid criticism. Stinks of labour slimy tactics on releasing bad news on the back of worse news.

Technically I think the vote was whether to bomb Assad, but the drone strike was against ISIL who are Assad's enemy. Which has a certain irony.

Frankly that we can bomb ISIL in Iraq but not Syria is crazy as the borders now mean nothing.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2015, 07:52:57 PM »

Also sickened by camerons decision to release months old news about a syrian air strike, which was contrary to a commons vote, straight after the events of the weekend, to avoid criticism. Stinks of labour slimy tactics on releasing bad news on the back of worse news.

Technically I think the vote was whether to bomb Assad, but the drone strike was against ISIL who are Assad's enemy. Which has a certain irony.

Frankly that we can bomb ISIL in Iraq but not Syria is crazy as the borders now mean nothing.

If in doubt, bomb them.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2015, 07:54:55 PM »

Why do they throw away the food/water/aid they are given?

A lot of people have managed not to do all their money on smugglers and can afford basic things themselves still.

It's a form of protest when the authorities are handing it out and what gets televised on the news. They don't want food and water, they want safety and respect.

Also, they are leaving it so others behind can take it who will come along shortly. Aid comes in massive bundles once or twice a day when the stream of people is constant.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2015, 06:54:29 AM »

Why has Germany closed it's borders to migrants? People are still dying right?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2015, 08:35:43 AM »

Why has Germany closed it's borders to migrants? People are still dying right?

Think we are going to have to feel sorry for Hungary again soon. 

Don't worry, Nicola Sturgeon last week pledged one million pounds and to take 1000.   That was after David Cameron's response drove her to tears.

David Milliband on the TV this morning saying the UK response to the crisis on the ground has been exemplary, but days we should be taking 25000 over next year/year and a half. 

He is the new labour leader, right?  Seems to understand stuff and everything.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 17, 2015, 09:35:13 AM »

Corbyn seems to have taken over the newspaper headlines, but the suffering & misery goes on for the refugees.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 17, 2015, 10:27:04 AM »

The way of the internet age Tikay.

Crisis happens.  People jump up and down on the internet and demand something must be done.  People sign online petitions.  People even defriend people on facebook. 

Next week.  Next topic.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 17, 2015, 10:39:41 AM »

The way of the internet age Tikay.

Crisis happens.  People jump up and down on the internet and demand something must be done.  People sign online petitions.  People even defriend people on facebook. 

Next week.  Next topic.

Exactly that, & I'm as guilty as anyone. I just suddenly realised that it had dropped off the front pages & tv headlines, & Mr Corbyn is now the hot topic.

Strange times.

Some of those scenes in Hungary & Germany are heartbreaking. When they have children in their arms, it really makes you think.

In the thread about the BA flight that caught fire in Vegas, two blondes (both with children), commented that if they were trying to exit the 'plane & some bugger got in their way faffing about with hand luggage, they might just deck the bloke. It does not bear thinking about how these Syrian refugees with children must feel. God forbid.

(All badly explained, but you'll get the drift).   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 17, 2015, 10:49:52 AM »

Yeah - I don't think it's fallen off the radar as badly as some topics in the printed press.  The paper today had a double page spread on Corbyn's first PMQs but then 4 pages of updataes on the refugee crisis straight behind it.

I just find on the internet - not so much forums, but twitter/facebook type platforms the hot topic of the day will change weekly and old subjects get forgotten very quickly.  It all seems empty ranting to me.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: September 17, 2015, 11:12:38 AM »

One day we, (and by we I mean our representatives and heads of state) will say, 'My God, how did we let it happen?'

The older I get, the better I was.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 17, 2015, 01:00:11 PM »

am a little puzzled... why would you go back to the place you were running from for your life..is it safe there now ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222135/Syrian-boys-Aylan-Galip-Kurdi-s-father-returns-Kobane-bury-sons-wife.html

To quote your own linked article:

'He only wanted to go to Europe for the sake of his children,' said Suleiman Kurdi, an uncle of the grieving father. 'Now that they're dead, he wants to stay here in Kobane next to them.'

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: