blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:30:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Syria, Migrants and Online Comments
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Syria, Migrants and Online Comments  (Read 32830 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 12:20:51 AM »

I think it's also a bit 'empty vessels rattle loudest' - and I can't possibly think that most people think like this. Still, how important is it to stand up to this wall of hate and push back? Do we need to? Or should we just accept that such idiots have always existed and will always exist?

BTW- People have been saying and writing comments like those about Gypsies for the last 600 years.

And Jews and Muslims and Irish and Sikhs and Poles and Indians and Pakistanis and every other minority that has ever existed.

At least people use upper case letters when they wish other minorities were dead.

Anyway, this is one particular thread I don't want to derail.

The older I get, the better I was.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 12:38:25 AM »

I think it's also a bit 'empty vessels rattle loudest' - and I can't possibly think that most people think like this. Still, how important is it to stand up to this wall of hate and push back? Do we need to? Or should we just accept that such idiots have always existed and will always exist?

BTW- People have been saying and writing comments like those about Gypsies for the last 600 years.

And Jews and Muslims and Irish and Sikhs and Poles and Indians and Pakistanis and every other minority that has ever existed.

At least people use upper case letters when they wish other minorities were dead.

Anyway, this is one particular thread I don't want to derail.

I don't think it is a derail.

The innate and ingrained racism of so many people in this country has allowed the UK government to do next to nothing, while the horror of this crisis has escalated and spiralled out of all control.

I'm ashamed of my country.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 07:42:20 AM »

So are we saying we should allow hundreds of thousands of refugees into this country ?

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 07:47:18 AM »

So are we saying we should allow hundreds of thousands of refugees into this country ?

Yes

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 08:01:57 AM »

Absolutely Lee.

Surely that's what our armed forces fight for, to ensure people's fundamental human rights wherever they are in the world?

There are millions of people forced out of their country, many are starving, lacking permanent shelter, lacking access to safety, work, education, medical care, etc.

Just because they had the misfortune of being born in a place that is what, a seven-year hour flight from Heathrow? The UK has taken in a few hundred of these refugees. Surely there's enough space and resources in this rich nation for every town and city to take in 10-20 refugees? Hardly a swarm migrants that will destroy this green and pleasant land.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 08:10:15 AM »

Not even a question I think, unequivocally yes.

sola virtus nobilitat
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 08:15:26 AM »

And we feed and house them also ?

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 08:33:25 AM »

Yes

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 08:34:02 AM »

Absolutely yes.

Why not this country along with all the others?  is it because this is the one that you live in and having them here might make some small difference to your life?

I'm sorry if that sounds a bit confrontational Lee. It wasn't meant to. But you have children, imagine how bad things must be to make those parents take such risks. They are starving and dying, our biggest problem is we eat too much every day.

Could you be the one to turn them away? I couldn't.

The older I get, the better I was.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 08:43:58 AM »

If you think the UK attitude sucks, here's the Czech approach. Fewer than 900 asylum applications a year and this is how they react. It's chilling when you think of the history - especially of the Sudetenland.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-eu-34128087

Likely these reactions are based on the Roma population here, who face unspeakable discrimination every day. Even those who aren't Roma but 'look like it' are subject to discrimination. At least until they speak English or Czech with a tourist accent. Then everything is fine again and your money is good here once more.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2015, 08:58:01 AM »

Yes, & NOW.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2015, 09:06:53 AM »

Yes, not without some inconvenience to many of us, but that won't kill us.

Just over 40 years ago, & at very short notice, 30,000 Asians, expelled from Uganda, came here. There were forebodings of gloom from many, "who will house & feed them all, how will the NHS cope, what about our jobs?"

For the most part, they turned out to be a great asset to the UK, hard working, proud, successful, &, after a while, popular. Life without them here now is unthinkable.

We'll cope Lee, we will. The Government can't just turn it's back & pretend it is not happening.  I actually believe the vast majority of people in the UK want us to carry our share of this problem.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 09:12:20 AM »

If you think the UK attitude sucks, here's the Czech approach. Fewer than 900 asylum applications a year and this is how they react. It's chilling when you think of the history - especially of the Sudetenland.

Likely these reactions are based on the Roma population here, who face unspeakable discrimination every day. Even those who aren't Roma but 'look like it' are subject to discrimination. At least until they speak English or Czech with a tourist accent. Then everything is fine again and your money is good here once more.

does it not make you want to live somewhere else.  I lived in a small town for a while several years ago, and the attitude of many people there to other races was something that stuck out and was high up on the list of reasons to leave.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 10:10:08 AM »

@ Tom ...
 I did not say that we shouldn't I merely asked should we feed and house them !!

@ tikay
I've no doubt we will cope

@ boshi
Are armed forces fight for fundamental human rights....yes

@ everyone.......

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY OF OUR EX SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN ARE HOMLESS AND HUNGRY RIGHT NOW Huh?

Yes we should help refugees and no we shouldn't let them starve .....but shouldn't we be helping our own first Huh?

www.ageuk.org.uk/

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 10:12:33 AM »

does it not make you want to live somewhere else.  I lived in a small town for a while several years ago, and the attitude of many people there to other races was something that stuck out and was high up on the list of reasons to leave.

I can either move away or I can stay and try to be a positive influence. That's what I decided to do. I'm involved with some charities that some Czech friends are starting to try and change the perception of foreigners and do more for those Czech society in general shuns - particularly single mothers (double bad if you're Roma and a single mum)

Of course, Prague is very different to the rest of the country and attitudes here are way more tolerant than say, Breclav on the Austrian border or any number of Moravian towns and villages.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: