blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:08:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402923 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: November 02, 2016, 08:04:57 AM »

Apparently, Manchester City earned more money last season from the Champions League than any other side, & that includes Real Madrid & Barcelona.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3894498/Manchester-City-beat-Real-Madrid-UEFA-Champions-League-prize-money-table-earned-DOUBLE-Manchester-United.html

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 02, 2016, 10:11:03 AM »

great performance last night. can't see how anyone could be churlish about it, had Barca all over the shop in the second half

by the by, quite why is the CL so unpopular with the fans? i noted the anthem was booed again last night. why do that when you know it will get the club into trouble?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 02, 2016, 04:15:38 PM »

Wow - what a brilliant night and extraordinary 2nd half after a difficult 1st half.

A lot made of barcelona injuries but we were outplaying them  for the last 25 minutes with a team  including Caballero, Kolarov, Fernando, Navas and Zaba. Even Aaron might concede Pep might prove to be a good manager.

Impossible to pick motm for me - all our big players were superb in different moments.

Even the atmosphere up in Level 3 where I am was superb last night.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 02, 2016, 04:19:54 PM »

Apparently, Manchester City earned more money last season from the Champions League than any other side, & that includes Real Madrid & Barcelona.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3894498/Manchester-City-beat-Real-Madrid-UEFA-Champions-League-prize-money-table-earned-DOUBLE-Manchester-United.html

I did a big post on this somewhere earlier in the thread based on an estimate of the likely revenue. So no surprise.

The final figure was actually the highest amount ever earned  by an English team in the Champions League and the 2nd highest amount ever when all the European giants are included. All on the back of the BT deal which kicked in last season.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 02, 2016, 04:55:12 PM »

great performance last night. can't see how anyone could be churlish about it, had Barca all over the shop in the second half

by the by, quite why is the CL so unpopular with the fans? i noted the anthem was booed again last night. why do that when you know it will get the club into trouble?

Hpe you have as much fun in your adventure tonight.

Personally I love the CL and not missed a home game since they've been it. The PL remains the priority tho.  Lots of regular match-going fans  boycotted it for a combinatiion of reasons -  contempt for UEFA, cost of tickets for some individual  CL games (the club have got this wrong at times)  and generally unaffordable for many when added to the cost of a season ticket for a fanbase which is not the wealthiest and also  the horrendous transport problems (roads and public transport)  around Manchester which is at its worse for midweek night games.

As per the booing UEFA pulled back after they were considering a sanction last year. It only compounded the problem and the booing againt Real madrid in the semi was the loudest yet and literally it was the whole ground. I don't think there is a riskof getting in trouble now and  having said that the booing last night was no where near as bad as last year

As for UEFA, there is general antipathy towards what was perceived as a corrupt organisation and contempt because of the collaboration with the old G14 clubs who wanted to protect the gravy train. This is/wasn't a conspiracy theory - almost a statement of fact. They even retrospectively changed the rules for FFP after City had submitted their accounts and this culminated in the fine and sanction. Then you have the hypocrisy when they changed the rules  again and decreed that investment was good for the game afterall.

Many City fans were pissed off over the big deal UEFA make about “no racism” yet on 2 occassions City receive bigger fines for trivial offences in games   than opponents  who were charged for racial abuse/monkey chants aimed at YaYa (twice) and Mario.

Then they announced a game against CSKA Moscow would be behind closed doors for previous CKSA midemeanours. . The problem IIRC was that City fans had already paid for non-refundable travel arrangements and bought tickets  before the ban was announced. Many still travelled and weren’t let in the game yet they allowed loads of CSKA fans into the game.

Similar issues with Kyiv and hhy will know the details better than me.

There is loads of other smaller stuff including the conspiracy theories around  warm balls in CL draws, the seeding system (since rectified), the mroe recent stuff including the ridiculous propsoal that if you won a European Cup 25 years ago should be advanatged in terms of securing a place.

Finally, there is the huge conflict of interest involving David Gill and his allegiances with United and his role with UEFA.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 04:57:29 PM by Archer » Logged
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 02, 2016, 06:08:49 PM »

Wow - what a brilliant night and extraordinary 2nd half after a difficult 1st half.

A lot made of barcelona injuries but we were outplaying them  for the last 25 minutes with a team  including Caballero, Kolarov, Fernando, Navas and Zaba. Even Aaron might concede Pep might prove to be a good manager.

Impossible to pick motm for me - all our big players were superb in different moments.

Even the atmosphere up in Level 3 where I am was superb last night.

Maybe you could quote me on where I say that Pep is not a good manager?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 02, 2016, 08:26:51 PM »

UEFA have shafted us numerous times, but it was Moscow away that really took the piss; not a cheap place to go to anyway, think a visa costs about £100 alone, yet hundreds of City fans were left high and dry when UEFA decided to punish Moscow for being racist pricks by making it a behind closed doors affair long after all travelling fans had made flight/hotel purchases. They then let in about 500 Moscow fans under the guise of being from the press or some bollocks. So hundreds of City fans were either out of pocket for a large sum of money or travelled to Russia knowing full well they wouldn't be able to get in the stadium and just had to suck it up, all because Moscow fans are racists.

Kiev was a bit of a farce as well, UEFA gave City fans under 3 weeks notice that it wasn't gonna be behind closed doors as their stadium ban for being racist pricks was partially rescinded.

But then City get fined more money for being 45 seconds out late for the 2nd half vs Sporting Lisbon than either of the 2 clubs above (and Porto) were fined for being racist pricks.

And don't get me started on the heated balls Wink

Best Bitter.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 04, 2016, 05:47:13 PM »

City have given Celtic 2,500 tickets for the return game & said there will be no more. Will be disappointing especially if the above tier is closed as was said when the draw was made. be a few thousand Celtic fans in the home sections no doubt.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: November 04, 2016, 05:56:51 PM »

City have given Celtic 2,500 tickets for the return game & said there will be no more. Will be disappointing especially if the above tier is closed as was said when the draw was made. be a few thousand Celtic fans in the home sections no doubt.

Anyone from here able to source any tickets for this? 

I have a chance of a corporate ticket, but not yet confirmed.  I checked City Website and says corporate limited, not so sure my Glawegian accent would pull that off. 

This is a really bad move by City to only hand over 2500 tickets, more shocking is the fact that Celtic will give the tickets to the corporate lot as well who turn up for 3 - 5 games a season. 

I'd anticipate there will be vast numbers of Celtic down for this one. 
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 08, 2016, 12:06:01 AM »

Well Saturday perhaps brought us back down to earth after Barcelona.

Boro were organised but lacked ambition, but 1-0 is such a dicey scoreline even when you're in complete control of a game. We didn't create a huge deal of clear chances but Aguero and KDB both missed bad ones in the last 10 minutes to lock the game up. Some players looked like they were suffering a CL hangover.

Come May, I hope we're not cursing these last 3 home games that have ended 1-1 when it really should've been a maximum 9 points from 9.

I'm sure the parmo's were flowing on Teeside on Saturday night Smiley

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 20, 2016, 01:52:11 PM »

City opened up a couple of blocks in the 3rd tier behind the goal a week or so ago for sale to City fans  and I suspect when they are sold/nearly sold they will open up some more. I was reading that some Celtic fans had "bought"  tickets directly from City online in the home section but City cancelled the purchases for a whole range of Scottish post codes.  Agree the home sections will be flooded with Celtic fans. Lots of City fans have had the opportunity to buy extras and I don't doubt they will be sold on.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 01:55:24 PM by Archer » Logged
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 23, 2016, 11:17:09 PM »

I love the Champions League. Standard of officiating is sky high.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 24, 2016, 01:16:04 AM »

Ha - Dinho's 2nd yellow was astonishing. Presumably someone has been paid out handsomely for 2 reds in the game.

Horrible game but only the result that matters. Enjoyed the last 5 minutes with both teams playing for the draw and Gladbach not touching it.

Steven Gerrard as a pundit is dreadul.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: November 24, 2016, 01:16:57 AM »

what happens to iheheheananacho when jesus arrives
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: November 24, 2016, 01:27:29 AM »

what happens to iheheheananacho when jesus arrives

Sounds like a cue for a joke...

nacho has fallen out of favour a bit and imagine Jesus will be ahead of him when he settles.  We are light on strikers tho so Nacho still very much the future.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: