blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:38:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402901 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: October 30, 2016, 12:32:03 PM »

The old grumpster is correct, been in Thailand for the last 2 weeks. Was tricky to keep up with the football sadly. Did catch the Saints game with a fellow Blue whom I'd met on a tour to Maya Bay (The Beach) earlier that day, cracking girl Wink Saw the Barca game until Bravo got sent off, missed united edging out our reserves.

Only seen bits of yesterday but looked a pretty comprehensive 90 minutes. Is the crisis over or should we continue flapping about Bravo, about passing it out from the back, about empty seats? etc

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 31, 2016, 10:51:55 AM »

The old grumpster is correct, been in Thailand for the last 2 weeks. Was tricky to keep up with the football sadly. Did catch the Saints game with a fellow Blue whom I'd met on a tour to Maya Bay (The Beach) earlier that day, cracking girl Wink Saw the Barca game until Bravo got sent off, missed united edging out our reserves.

Only seen bits of yesterday but looked a pretty comprehensive 90 minutes. Is the crisis over or should we continue flapping about Bravo, about passing it out from the back, about empty seats? etc

Enjoy the rest of your trip sir and, er, the hospitality…

Excellent performance against West Bromwich. However, it is just a blip until the crisis resumes tomorrow  against Barcelona. No doubt there will be a return of the empty seat jibes despite the game selling out 4 weeks ago.

Guardiola and Aguero kissed and made up before WBA.  Aguero, with a twinkle in his eyes, was outstanding.

Gundogan’s best game yet.  Proving to be more effective than Pogba but cost less. Less than United paid Pogba’s agent that is…

Agent Clattenburg (great referee Smiley) had one or two moments against United who are now 28/1 for the title. Looks like great value to me.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 31, 2016, 08:47:26 PM »

Enjoy the rest of your trip sir and, er, the hospitality…

Excellent performance against West Bromwich. However, it is just a blip until the crisis resumes tomorrow  against Barcelona. No doubt there will be a return of the empty seat jibes despite the game selling out 4 weeks ago.

Guardiola and Aguero kissed and made up before WBA.  Aguero, with a twinkle in his eyes, was outstanding.

Gundogan’s best game yet.  Proving to be more effective than Pogba but cost less. Less than United paid Pogba’s agent that is…

Agent Clattenburg (great referee Smiley) had one or two moments against United who are now 28/1 for the title. Looks like great value to me.

Sadly I'm home Sad but will be at Eastlands tomorrow to watch the crisis resume. Can't wait to start flapping again Smiley

Best Bitter.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 31, 2016, 09:10:10 PM »

I always enjoy reading this thread. City fans don't enjoy it when pulled up on negatives, but loves positives. Let's be right, anyone would sell out against Barca, but only City could sell 50% of their tickets for a CL match.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 31, 2016, 09:57:01 PM »

I always enjoy reading this thread. City fans don't enjoy it when pulled up on negatives, but loves positives. Let's be right, anyone would sell out against Barca, but only City could sell 50% of their tickets for a CL match.

Are you tackling this one Archer or want me to field it?

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 31, 2016, 09:58:57 PM »

https://www.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/all?season=2016-17

Best Bitter.
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 01, 2016, 12:27:50 AM »

Clearly a poor attempt at a wind up/ fishing post. I''m a part timer when it comes to CL but with it being half term, fancied the Barca game. This was sold out 2 weeks ago. I guess there are hospitality tickets left (maybe even 50% of them 😀) so Mcmanaman can still have a field day if he wants.

If you want to wind city fans up, then point to our Arsenal like exodus's10 mins before the end of each game. The last 2 games have been evenly poised at 1-1 with 10 minutes left but that doesn't stop the north stand (they are the worst) heading off home early to avoid tram queue's/ traffic queue's or whatever. I really struggle to understand what possesses these people to buy tickets in the first place.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 01, 2016, 12:42:15 AM »

Clearly a poor attempt at a wind up/ fishing post. I''m a part timer when it comes to CL but with it being half term, fancied the Barca game. This was sold out 2 weeks ago. I guess there are hospitality tickets left (maybe even 50% of them 😀) so Mcmanaman can still have a field day if he wants.

If you want to wind city fans up, then point to our Arsenal like exodus's10 mins before the end of each game. The last 2 games have been evenly poised at 1-1 with 10 minutes left but that doesn't stop the north stand (they are the worst) heading off home early to avoid tram queue's/ traffic queue's or whatever. I really struggle to understand what possesses these people to buy tickets in the first place.

Surely Aaron, who apparently is hesitant to buy a £20 ticket for his beloved Sheff Wed, wouldn't be having a go at City for not selling all the hospitality packages....

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 01, 2016, 12:14:26 PM »

Are you tackling this one Archer or want me to field it?

Archer - who I plan to marry - can field this, whilst you deal with skaman1 Next Door. ("goodbye"). Young Dohhh stole your thunder on that one.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 01, 2016, 06:04:55 PM »

Oh dear. I know you are trolling again but I'll pretend you aren't and give you a considerered response.

Unusually I agree with something you have said. Of course, any team would sell out at home against Barcelona in the Champions League. (my point wasn't about City selling out but more the likely empty seat jibes despite selling out) In fact it is pretty much guaranteed when it is a game between 2 of the top 5 clubs in Europe. City, despite being a “little club” in your eyes, are actually quite a big draw in Europe now. When we played Barcelona away the other week they had their biggest home crowd in the Champions League for nearly 10 years.

I don’t understand your comment  “but only City could sell 50% of their tickets for a CL match”.  Last year our home gates in the CL were 45595, 41829, 43630, 53039 and 52221.  So, our lowest gate was 41,829 which is about 80% of the capacity for a Champions League game. We sold 42,000 tickets for the Mgladbach game last month but the attendance was 30,000ish when it was postponed to the following evening.

TBF there is not much love for the Champions League from big swathes of the City fan base and thousands of PL ST holders don’t attend for a variety of reasons. Tonight is a sell-out but the demographic will be completely different to a league game with lots of neutrals and tourists.

In my experience Liverpool fans particularly like to give it out about attendances and atmosphere at City games in Europe.  Sure, they have a long and proud history of magical European nights but many forget their attendances until recently have been mixed and varied in European games. The 5 years below are for each of the years they won the European Cup or Champions League and I'm sure would be a big surprise to the thousands of twitter trolls out there. And Aaron.

1976/1977
R32:   22,242
R16:   42,275
QF:    55,043
SF:     50,611

1977/1978
R16:   39,835
QF:     48,364
SF:      51,500

1980/81
R32:   21,013
R16:   36,182
QF:     37,255
SF:      44,543

1983/1984
R32:   14,985
R16:   33,063
QF:     39,096
SF:      36,941

2004/2005
LG:     33,517
R16:   40,952
QF:     41,216
SF:      42,259

And what does the above tell us? IMO trolling about attendances is a load of bollocks.

Anyway, I've got a game to go to. Hopeful as always, like their injuries but couldn't resist a Barcelona win at 2.58. Seems like value to me Smiley

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:10:14 PM by Archer » Logged
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 01, 2016, 10:08:41 PM »

What a game of football this is.

HAWAY CITEH!!
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 01, 2016, 10:14:15 PM »

KDB different gravy

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 02, 2016, 01:21:06 AM »

Not bad that.

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 02, 2016, 01:36:55 AM »

Not bad that.

Grin

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 02, 2016, 02:15:10 AM »

Funny old commentary on Radio 5 live. They went from loving Barcelona in the first 40 minutes saying City are lucky to still being in the game, then to "It wouldn't have been harsh on Barca if City scored 5". Tosh.

I see what Swine was talking about though, the commentary guys was confused as to why City fans was leaving 5-10 minutes before!

Let's hope City can get a big draw, hopefully sell out twice within 3 months
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: