blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:34:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402856 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: September 28, 2016, 11:17:41 PM »

Stones and fernando come on as subs to beat the mighty Celtic lol

Though if you actually watch the game and know your minerals, you'll have seen that the game was in balance on about 65/70 minutes and could have gone either way, Pep brings them 2 on within close succession and we have total control for the last 20 mins but just can't find a winner despite numerous openings.

Best Bitter.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 29, 2016, 01:07:56 AM »

Stones and fernando come on as subs to beat the mighty Celtic lol

Though if you actually watch the game and know your minerals, you'll have seen that the game was in balance on about 65/70 minutes and could have gone either way, Pep brings them 2 on within close succession and we have total control for the last 20 mins but just can't find a winner despite numerous openings.

Think Celtic tiring helped there more than the subs. Was a big ask to press as hard for the full 90. Celtic team cost less than the City keeper. Happy to compete in first year back in the CL for a while.

I'm guessing this City fan wasn't top at geography at school....

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:15:49 AM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 29, 2016, 11:53:33 AM »

Celtic tiring was certainly gonna be a factor as there was no way they could keep that intensity up for 90 mins, was a very good shift they put in. Game was still in the balance with 20 minutes to go though, but those 2 subs allowed us to control the last quarter of the game and there was only ever gonna be one winner, we just couldn't find the killer pass or shot.

Draw was a fair result and having not been behind all season, it was pleasing to see us come back 3 times in 1 game. I'm not sure Pep will have been overly pleased with some of our football....

Best Bitter.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 29, 2016, 02:39:34 PM »

Celtic tiring was certainly gonna be a factor as there was no way they could keep that intensity up for 90 mins, was a very good shift they put in. Game was still in the balance with 20 minutes to go though, but those 2 subs allowed us to control the last quarter of the game and there was only ever gonna be one winner, we just couldn't find the killer pass or shot.

Draw was a fair result and having not been behind all season, it was pleasing to see us come back 3 times in 1 game. I'm not sure Pep will have been overly pleased with some of our football....

Was great for us after being horsed so badly by Barca, were just hoping to compete. Our pressing game forced a lot of errors and we did compete.

Were you up? We were surprised at the fans having to queue up in the city centre to collect their tickets, shoddy way to treat support.

Hearing upper tier being left closed when we come down, a shame as we'd fill it easily.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 29, 2016, 03:52:20 PM »

Was great for us after being horsed so badly by Barca, were just hoping to compete. Our pressing game forced a lot of errors and we did compete.

Were you up? We were surprised at the fans having to queue up in the city centre to collect their tickets, shoddy way to treat support.

Hearing upper tier being left closed when we come down, a shame as we'd fill it easily.

You certainly competed! Comfortably our toughest 90 minutes so far this season, we couldn't find much rhythm but you guys didn't give us the chance to get in the groove Smiley

Nah didn't go last night, but saw the reports about City fans queuing for hours to collect their ticket. 5 staff to distribute 2700 tickets whilst also having to check ID is just stupid, and the club returned 500 tickets as well because they didn't think they could distribute that amount. They foresaw the problem and still allowed it to happen.

This collection policy was implemented halfway through last season, with Kiev being the debut of it. It's certainly divided opinion amongst Blues. It also means the club can keep a closer eye on who is attending Euro away games. Problem with yesterday is that many fans won't have got into Glasgow until late afternoon/early evening, as opposed to a trip on the continent when 90% of fans will be there either the day before or the morning of the game. The collection in Scotland was always gonna be chaos and the club didn't disappoint in that respect.

You guys aren't having to collect tickets in Manchester are you? I don't think its a UEFA initiative, just most English clubs treating their fans like cattle.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 29, 2016, 04:02:24 PM »

You certainly competed! Comfortably our toughest 90 minutes so far this season, we couldn't find much rhythm but you guys didn't give us the chance to get in the groove Smiley

Nah didn't go last night, but saw the reports about City fans queuing for hours to collect their ticket. 5 staff to distribute 2700 tickets whilst also having to check ID is just stupid, and the club returned 500 tickets as well because they didn't think they could distribute that amount. They foresaw the problem and still allowed it to happen.

This collection policy was implemented halfway through last season, with Kiev being the debut of it. It's certainly divided opinion amongst Blues. It also means the club can keep a closer eye on who is attending Euro away games. Problem with yesterday is that many fans won't have got into Glasgow until late afternoon/early evening, as opposed to a trip on the continent when 90% of fans will be there either the day before or the morning of the game. The collection in Scotland was always gonna be chaos and the club didn't disappoint in that respect.

You guys aren't having to collect tickets in Manchester are you? I don't think its a UEFA initiative, just most English clubs treating their fans like cattle.

Great credit to Celtic and a brilliant game. The stat of only losing 3 out of 24 home games in the CL is incredible.

Just about to post the same thing about the ticket collection.I wasn't there but reading many not very happy about it yesterday because of waiting in the rain for 2 hours or more.

As for the game at City, at the moment the new top tier  behind the goal is not open for sale as yet. Seems a strange one because the demand for the game will be high and Celtic would sell 000s without a problem. The game is over 2 months away and I don't doubt it will become available for sale at some point. This has happened in previous CL games.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 29, 2016, 04:05:47 PM »

Great credit to Celtic and a brilliant game. The stat of only losing 3 out of 24 home games in the CL is incredible.

Just about to post the same thing about the ticket collection.I wasn't there but reading many not very happy about it yesterday because of waiting in the rain for 2 hours or more.

As for the game at City, at the moment the new top tier  behind the goal is not open for sale as yet. Seems a strange one because the demand for the game will be high and Celtic would sell 000s without a problem. The game is over 2 months away and I don't doubt it will become available for sale at some point. This has happened in previous CL games.

We won't have the collection point, we only have it in the qualifiers where there isn't much time between the draw & the games.

Hope they do open the top tier, although I think the bhoys have bought a shed load of Man City home tickets already.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 29, 2016, 04:17:09 PM »

We won't have the collection point, we only have it in the qualifiers where there isn't much time between the draw & the games.

Hope they do open the top tier, although I think the bhoys have bought a shed load of Man City home tickets already.

So Celtic don't have to collect tickets, we do, Leicester do as per Tighty's post in Tinker On, I know united have to do it, think Chelsea do to.....any Spurs/Arsenal fans know what the crack is with you guys regarding tickets for Euro aways?

Apparently its here to stay at City, and the only time it won't happen is if we make the final, which is kinda ironic. On a personal level it really limits my Euro away day potentials, but I've had a decent run in that respect so not too many complaints. I'll just have to stick to unpopular aways like Kiev Wink

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 29, 2016, 05:06:42 PM »

As for the game at City, at the moment the new top tier  behind the goal is not open for sale as yet. Seems a strange one because the demand for the game will be high and Celtic would sell 000s without a problem. The game is over 2 months away and I don't doubt it will become available for sale at some point. This has happened in previous CL games.

So Celtic don't have to collect tickets, we do, Leicester do as per Tighty's post in Tinker On, I know united have to do it, think Chelsea do to.....any Spurs/Arsenal fans know what the crack is with you guys regarding tickets for Euro aways?

Apparently its here to stay at City, and the only time it won't happen is if we make the final, which is kinda ironic. On a personal level it really limits my Euro away day potentials, but I've had a decent run in that respect so not too many complaints. I'll just have to stick to unpopular aways like Kiev Wink

It's because they are all big clubs, with huge support & tradition, & responsible, sensible fans. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:13:24 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 29, 2016, 05:49:17 PM »

As for the game at City, at the moment the new top tier  behind the goal is not open for sale as yet. Seems a strange one because the demand for the game will be high and Celtic would sell 000s without a problem. The game is over 2 months away and I don't doubt it will become available for sale at some point. This has happened in previous CL games.

It's because they are all big clubs, with huge support & tradition, & responsible, sensible fans.  

Poor fishing Tikay.

Click to see full-size image.

Queueing into the Fruitmarket Hall, while next door is the Merchant Square where they usually have a fanzone for the away supporters. At least you got to see some of the city's graffitti art.

Click to see full-size image.

Do your fans have a bad rep for trouble?  Is it to control them?

Our tickets are sold only to Season Ticket Holders who show travel receipts, and posted out well in advance. Our lot are too busy trying to drink the town dry to collect tickets.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:51:10 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: September 29, 2016, 06:55:33 PM »

Our empty seats have an awful reputation for causing trouble.

Best Bitter.
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 29, 2016, 11:38:33 PM »

Cracking game played in a good spirit with a fantastic atmosphere, City didn't know what had hit them in the first 25 mins but that's happened to plenty of teams over the years at Celtic Park on European nights.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 04, 2016, 11:23:07 PM »

The club have caved in...

https://www.mancity.com/news/tickets-and-travel/2016/10/04/uefa-away-match-ticket-collection-update/1475582666446

Best Bitter.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 04, 2016, 11:49:13 PM »

At least they listened, although pick up in Germany & Spain would have been easier as most would travel the day before. Celtic Park being closer caused some of the problems.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 05, 2016, 12:51:39 AM »

At least they listened, although pick up in Germany & Spain would have been easier as most would travel the day before. Celtic Park being closer caused some of the problems.

Gladbach was a bit of a sticking point as hardly anyone stays there, most people stay in Dusseldorf or Cologne, but the match ticket entitles you to free train travel in that region on the day of the game, so for the vast majority staying in Duss/Cologne, this would've meant having to cough up for a train journey that should've been free.

Agreed though, Glasgow was always gonna be a logistical nightmare and the club were woefully unprepared for it. Seems like they've stopped this ticket collection stuff for these 2 games partly to appease and probably to give the system a rethink/tinker.

It confirms what I thought, that it comes from club level and is not a direct UEFA initiative. I've just read that Arsenal are introducing something similar for their travelling support for Euro aways; they don't have to collect a ticket in person but they do have to provide a passport number, DOB etc for the person buying the ticket and if this doesn't match up at the stadium then they refuse entry.

The 80s was decades ago now, but it seems the nation are still struggling to shrug off the reputation of English football fans abroad.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: