blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:57:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402833 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: September 20, 2016, 01:33:26 PM »

Think UEFA should ban it & fine City.

Boooooo

Best Bitter.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 20, 2016, 07:30:28 PM »

No Aguero, Silva or Kompany and a starting line-up today including:
•   The worst PL goalkeeper since Massimo Taibi some 15 years ago.
•   A back 4 featuring Clichy, Sagna, Kolorav and Otamendi – all, possibly Sagna aside, considered past it or not good enough.
•   The most reviled English international in recent memory
•   Some 19 year old kid of a striker with only c1300 senior minutes to his name.

Then finishing the match with 5 players 22 years old or younger ( 19, 19, 20, 21, 22).

Yet still playing scintillating football. Mesmerising at times. The quality in large parts of the last 4 games is reaching dreamland heights. Such a privilege and a joy to watch it every week and total excitement about where it will end up.

Simply, Guardiola is a genius.

You was playing Bournemouth not Barcelona.

So that negates the bullet points? Or the free flowing football that we are producing? We weren't playing Bournemouth midweek, nor last weekend.

Can you quote me on where I say it negates the bullet points or talk about free flowing football? Thanks

There was a clear suggestion that what Archer wrote lacked credibility or foundation due to the opposition, anyone capable of reading can see that.

Congrats to our U18s as well today, beating their united counterparts.

Ruining football since 2008 and long may it continue.

Things are going well but Aaron has a small point in that Utd aside all the league teams City have played have started pretty poorly.  After City were good "flat trackers" under Pellegrini?  Signs are encouraging but not sure it's going to be a cakewalk for City.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 20, 2016, 10:07:06 PM »

No Aguero, Silva or Kompany and a starting line-up today including:
•   The worst PL goalkeeper since Massimo Taibi some 15 years ago.
•   A back 4 featuring Clichy, Sagna, Kolorav and Otamendi – all, possibly Sagna aside, considered past it or not good enough.
•   The most reviled English international in recent memory
•   Some 19 year old kid of a striker with only c1300 senior minutes to his name.

Then finishing the match with 5 players 22 years old or younger ( 19, 19, 20, 21, 22).

Yet still playing scintillating football. Mesmerising at times. The quality in large parts of the last 4 games is reaching dreamland heights. Such a privilege and a joy to watch it every week and total excitement about where it will end up.

Simply, Guardiola is a genius.

You was playing Bournemouth not Barcelona.

So that negates the bullet points? Or the free flowing football that we are producing? We weren't playing Bournemouth midweek, nor last weekend.

Can you quote me on where I say it negates the bullet points or talk about free flowing football? Thanks

There was a clear suggestion that what Archer wrote lacked credibility or foundation due to the opposition, anyone capable of reading can see that.

Congrats to our U18s as well today, beating their united counterparts.

Ruining football since 2008 and long may it continue.

Things are going well but Aaron has a small point in that Utd aside all the league teams City have played have started pretty poorly.  After City were good "flat trackers" under Pellegrini?  Signs are encouraging but not sure it's going to be a cakewalk for City.

I like to look at our head to heads vs last season, perhaps not the best yardstick granted but offers an insight into improvement/decline.

Last year we got beat at home by West Ham, lost away at Stoke, drew away at united, and the other 2 results are like for like (Sunderland and Bmouth). So after just 5 games we're already 8 points 'ahead' against last season.

I think you can look at it a couple of ways; on one hand we are perhaps fortunate in that we've played Stoke and West Ham already and both have had unusually poor starts and seem sluggish out the blocks. On the same argument, Pep has only played 5 games in the PL, he has no prior experience of domestic football in England and he'd had an interrupted pre season to get his ideas and thoughts across to his adjusted squad. Many people and 'experts' were saying he might struggle in England, and that could still be the case, but any sign of a stuttering start under Guardiola have long since vanished. There doesn't seem to have been a baptism of fire and in theory things will only get better under his management.

I certainly don't wanna get carried away, but tbh watching us every week its hard not to Wink we won 5/5 at the start of last season and we all know how that panned out, but it just seems so much different with Pep at the helm. And I don't just mean different on the pitch with tactics and whatnot, as I love what he's done with the squad and how he's just come in and thrown his weight around immediately. With Pep, you're either on board or you're out, and its refreshing to see after a period of stagnation under Pellers.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:08:55 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 21, 2016, 01:26:35 AM »

I just love Pep's hidden messages behind his quotes. I'm maybe reading too much into it but

1) Saying that Bravo's debut was the best goalkeeping performance he had ever seen translated to

"I'm not going to slate him in public so stop asking stupid questions"

2) Saying Bournemouth were the best team we played this season translates to

"Do one Jose....lol"

But best of all

3) Telling Yaya's agent to apologise or he's never playing for him again translates to

"touché Yaya"

The Yaya situation though is pretty sad. He pretty much won us our second Prem title and scored crucial goals all through his time here. He did a great impression of a lazy player and was never going to fit in with Pep's plans. I know he's probably still the best paid player on the books and i'm sure he'll be ok but it would be terrible if he is remembered more for his last season at the club rather than his previous 6.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 21, 2016, 12:44:13 PM »

I just love Pep's hidden messages behind his quotes. I'm maybe reading too much into it but

1) Saying that Bravo's debut was the best goalkeeping performance he had ever seen translated to

"I'm not going to slate him in public so stop asking stupid questions"

2) Saying Bournemouth were the best team we played this season translates to

"Do one Jose....lol"

But best of all

3) Telling Yaya's agent to apologise or he's never playing for him again translates to

"touché Yaya"

The Yaya situation though is pretty sad. He pretty much won us our second Prem title and scored crucial goals all through his time here. He did a great impression of a lazy player and was never going to fit in with Pep's plans. I know he's probably still the best paid player on the books and i'm sure he'll be ok but it would be terrible if he is remembered more for his last season at the club rather than his previous 6.

Yeah agree with the last bit for sure. He's done many great things for this club and should certainly go down in the history books (lol, like we have history books at City). Sadly I think this kind of swansong has been on the cards for a while, and his agent does him no favours whatsoever. I'm guessing he'll be quietly moved on in January, no fuss or drama, and that closes the Yaya chapter, but I'll never forget his mostly excellent contribution and some incredibly important goals.

Couple of years ago, you couldn't even fathom starting a game without Toure in midfield. Now he can't even make the bench.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 22, 2016, 05:53:48 PM »

Slightly unusual career move from one of our old academy players. All the best to him. Big decision to turn your back on football at 24, especially when still plying your trade at a very good level.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37408517

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 23, 2016, 11:31:40 AM »

A decent read on KDB and just how influential he is....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/22/kevin-de-bruyne-is-one-of-best-players-ive-worked-with-says-pep/?

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 24, 2016, 12:06:48 AM »

Got Celtic tickets today, looking forward to this, all meeting up in Rangers side of Glasgow, they doing a big think for City if you don't have a ticket, big screens, £2.50 a pint, Can see it may be full of City.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 26, 2016, 02:13:20 PM »

Well Swansea was tough - easily the best team City have faced this season. Particularly enjoyed Bravo's perfomance and seeing how integral he is to Pep's system. He had more passes than any Swansea player and only 2 City players had more. The emphasis is on short-balls but his long-ball distribution was very good  - 10 succesful from 19 long-balls. To put that into perspective De Gea managed 1 accurate long-ball from 15 attempts at Watford the other week.

Leon Brittain speaks highly of City:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/warning-celtic-leon-britton-says-8913446

He’s tackled dome top teams in his time, but after being sunk by City, Britton said: “In terms of the passing, I don’t think I’ve played against a team in the Premier League who keep the ball as well they do with the rotation and the movement.
“Look at the keeper. He’s an extra player. He drops his shoulder and beats a man.
 “You think you have them pressed in and there was one instance in the first-half when we did it and he just clipped a ball over all of our heads to Kevin De Bruyne on the halfway line and he was the free man.
“Things like that make it so tough for any team that faces them.
They are the best I have faced in the Premier League.
“You know they will take risks because that is the nature of the way they play, they want to pass it.

Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 27, 2016, 06:02:09 PM »

Got Celtic tickets today, looking forward to this, all meeting up in Rangers side of Glasgow, they doing a big think for City if you don't have a ticket, big screens, £2.50 a pint, Can see it may be full of City.

Which pub?
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 27, 2016, 09:20:24 PM »

The louden bar or the Royality is where most are gathering mate

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 27, 2016, 11:07:54 PM »

The louden bar or the Royality is where most are gathering mate

Oh dear, there are dozens of great bars in Glasgow, The Louden isn't one of them, most decent Rangers fans would swerve that it's aimed at the more extreme elements of their support (I'm being kind here).
The whole set up of  putting a day on for you guys is a bit weird really, looks like they are trying to feel relevant on your coat tails.
Each to their own but The Merchant City would be a better idea, enjoy your trip either way but hopefully not the game  thumbs up
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 28, 2016, 07:15:42 AM »

They are promoting it on City forums and even rolling up former City players: https://www.facebook.com/theloudentavern
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 28, 2016, 12:59:00 PM »

They are promoting it on City forums and even rolling up former City players: https://www.facebook.com/theloudentavern

Former players, Gordon Smith and Jim Melrose, Smith most famous for a terrible miss that won Man utd a cup & a former Celtic player most famous for throwing up in the centre circle on his debut Cheesy Got to agree with Teacake, better off city centre/Merchant City. If people don't go looking for bother they will be fine.

If you're going make sure you're heading for the Ibrox one, there's another nearer to Celtic Park.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 28, 2016, 10:33:48 PM »

Stones and fernando come on as subs to beat the mighty Celtic lol
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: