blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:24:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 401573 times)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: January 17, 2017, 08:57:34 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38656748

That's a lot of birthday cakes!

Possibly the last person I'd expect would turn down a big money move in his prime let alone in his current spot.

Maybe the 200 bags he gets per week for free at City are enough

When he got done for drink driving he told the court he was on a mere  54k net per week and got fined 54K. He wasn't playing at the time so that might have had something do with it being so "low".  Alternatively, maybe he wants the best of both worlds before going to China -  when he signed his current contract it was structured with a lower basic and then compensated with a bonus at the end. I'd suspect that bonus is a tidy sum.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 18, 2017, 12:57:48 AM »

I've heard plenty of rumours surrounding Yaya and him getting another year. Didn't seem plausible 2 months ago but it looks a reasonable possibility now; we can't rush Gundogan back into the fold.

For the past 4/5 seasons there has been 'threats' of overhauling the squad, this summer feels like there will finally be action. Probably easier to list the players who will stay than who won't!

The team is gonna be built around Stones, Gundogan and X, and I'm not sure X is Aguero. It could be Jesus, it could be the bloke from Dortmund.

Best Bitter.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 18, 2017, 01:14:47 AM »

I wouldn't trust Gundogan getting back to his pre-injury levels personally. Said earlier in this thread that it was a risk taking him after he suffered the same injury that cost Jack Collison his career. Has to be structural weakness in that knee after suffer two catastrophic injuries.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 18, 2017, 11:14:52 AM »

I've heard plenty of rumours surrounding Yaya and him getting another year. Didn't seem plausible 2 months ago but it looks a reasonable possibility now; we can't rush Gundogan back into the fold.

For the past 4/5 seasons there has been 'threats' of overhauling the squad, this summer feels like there will finally be action. Probably easier to list the players who will stay than who won't!

The team is gonna be built around Stones, Gundogan and X, and I'm not sure X is Aguero. It could be Jesus, it could be the bloke from Dortmund.

The transformation in YaYa  in terms of weight loss, energy and application has been astonishing. His relationship with his agent seems to have shifted as well. So, yes I'd agree it is a possibilty that he stays if he is being honest in saying he wants to stay in England. In fairness he has turned down China twice now. He is still a Rolls Royce but how much weight does that hold against the top high energy teams? Spurs at the weekend will be an interesting test Smiley

Everyone saying Aguero doesn't look right at the moment and the speculation has already started in the other place - lost his pace,  doesn't look happy, inconsistent performances, missed a chance, greedy,  hasn't scored for 2 games blah blah. The thing is he regularly doesn't look right and it was  the same last year as well, and the year before and as far as I'm concerned is total bollocks. The bit we don't know is his relationship with Pep. I can't help but think there are probably parallels with Ribery when Pep was at Bayern. Ribery found it hard and frustrating at times to adapat and take in new instructions -  a street footballer relying on his skill and instincts. I hope X is Aguero and with Jesus that is enough.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: January 18, 2017, 11:17:06 AM »

I wouldn't trust Gundogan getting back to his pre-injury levels personally. Said earlier in this thread that it was a risk taking him after he suffered the same injury that cost Jack Collison his career. Has to be structural weakness in that knee after suffer two catastrophic injuries.

Yep, you never know with these things but have to fear the worst now.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 18, 2017, 12:36:46 PM »

Thoughts on Stones?

Seems to be getting a lot of flack at the moment, not seen enough city games to judge really.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 18, 2017, 12:39:04 PM »

Thoughts on Stones?

Seems to be getting a lot of flack at the moment, not seen enough city games to judge really.

Can't be easy playing with that keeper behind you.  Give him a decent EPL keeper and his confidence will soar.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: January 18, 2017, 03:21:27 PM »

Thoughts on Stones?

Started well, better core defensive attributes than I anticipated but  regressed at times into the player not good enough for Everton last year.  Not unduly concerned at the moment -it was a similar pattern with Sterling last year but Sterling  probably in our top 3 players this year.  
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:23:38 PM by Archer » Logged
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 18, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »

Thoughts on Stones?

Can't be easy playing with that keeper behind you.  Give him a decent EPL keeper and his confidence will soar.

Fortunately when playing for England he has Joe behind him Smiley
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: January 18, 2017, 08:00:53 PM »

Thoughts on Stones?

Started well, better core defensive attributes than I anticipated but  regressed at times into the player not good enough for Everton last year.  Not unduly concerned at the moment -it was a similar pattern with Sterling last year but Sterling  probably in our top 3 players this year.  

I would have been a lot easier for him to play in tandem with Kompany which was probably the plan.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 19, 2017, 03:17:22 PM »

Thoughts on Stones?

I would have been a lot easier for him to play in tandem with Kompany which was probably the plan.

You are not wrong - Kompany has been a big miss.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: January 19, 2017, 03:23:37 PM »

So United move back to the top of the Deloitte money league and City move up to 5th.  One managed by the "best manager in the world" (according to Ed) and the other by a genius and both a big risk of missing CL next season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/19/manchester-united-return-top-football-rich-list-ending-real/
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: January 19, 2017, 11:19:00 PM »

Thoughts on Stones?

Basically this. Can make the odd howler or poor decision but more often than not he looks different gravy. We lack a cohesive defensive unit which probably isn't helping his development; had Kompany been fit for this season then they'd make a dream partnership but alas he's having to put up with various combo's of centre half pairings and rotated full backs. In fact, the only constant at the back so far is Bravo.... Wink

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: January 21, 2017, 04:50:44 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38684434

Interesting stats based read on the lolkeeper.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 21, 2017, 10:04:30 PM »

Tour so good today

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: