blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 401657 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: September 17, 2017, 11:44:33 AM »

Permission to chirp granted.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 17, 2017, 12:02:34 PM »

Still not getting carried away Smiley 

I believe you  Wink
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 20, 2017, 05:36:45 PM »

Hoping this guy gets another run out tonight. Always comes across as so humble and genuinely likeable. And he is, of course, an incredibly talented footballer.

Great article if you have a spare 5 minutes....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/20/sports/soccer/manchester-city-ilkay-gundogan-injury.html

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 20, 2017, 10:20:16 PM »

Hoping this guy gets another run out tonight. Always comes across as so humble and genuinely likeable. And he is, of course, an incredibly talented footballer.

Great article if you have a spare 5 minutes....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/20/sports/soccer/manchester-city-ilkay-gundogan-injury.html

Brilliant article. Gundogan brilliant tonight and gut-wrenching seeing that tackle take him out. Hoping it's not as bad as it looks.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:22:56 PM by Archer » Logged
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 20, 2017, 10:23:06 PM »

Shithouse tackle on Gundogan tonight, by Yacob, who has previous with City. Hope its nothing serious and was only taken off as a precaution. He was having a cracking game until then.

Incredible opening goal, 50 odd touches from kick off, they didn't touch the ball until the keeper parried the shot and Sane stuck it in off the rebound. Made hard work of it as we really should've been out of sight by half time. Good to see some squad players getting a runout though.

Onwards to Palace on Saturday.

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 21, 2017, 05:56:54 PM »

Was a game of two halfs, great goals by Bacon, Sterling was good in flashes but not sure he reads the game as well as Sane, good following from City and nice to knock another Premiership ground off the list, clear view all around the Stadium, and city end was full, Liked Mangala and John Stones is improving week after week, Went to The Vine pre match amazing food on a grill and £3.20 a pint. Napoli next CTID

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 22, 2017, 01:40:34 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/22/gabriel-jesus-manchester-city-superstar-brazil?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tweet

Great article on Jesus, well worth a read. £27m? Incred.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 23, 2017, 10:03:00 AM »

Yep vg article and incredible value in the current market. Not a bad start to his PL career as well:

Click to see full-size image.

And that image is a nice link to Aguero.  So much love for the guy and excitement with City supporters as he moves in on this:

Click to see full-size image.

Saw a brilliant stat on Aguero this morning and a demonsration of how his game has evolved under Pep. Now not just a scorer but a creator as well:

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1583 on: September 23, 2017, 04:57:36 PM »

Quote from: hhyftrftdr link=topic=66031.msg2204808#msg2204808

After a slow start, the 40/1 for 100+ goals is now right on target. Long way to go....
[/quote

Wish i had got on this , could have it won by Xmas  lol

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 23, 2017, 05:21:07 PM »

Permission to chirp granted.

And again? Wink

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 27, 2017, 08:02:44 PM »

Little bit pedestrian last night, certainly not the flowing champagne football we've been watching so far, but ultimately 3 points and another clean sheet so can't really grumble.

Fair play to Shaktar, they are no mugs and gave us a decent game. When half your team is Brazilian, you're likely to have a few tricky players Smiley Opening goal came at a good time, and undoubtedly after a few stern half time words from Pep, and that took the wind out of their sails. Was fairly routine stuff after that, but 1-0 is never a safe margin.

Aguero's penalty kinda summed up his game I think. The forwards never looked particularly at the races. Jesus was mostly anonymous too. Sane always looked a threat but his final ball or decision needs some tinkering.

Sterling and Bernardo both looked sharp when they came on, and fantastic to see Gundogan back so soon for a little cameo. With Mendy out for what appears to be months instead of weeks, expect to see more of Delph at left back....who says Pep isn't a genius? Wink

Chelsea on Saturday, expecting a more subdued, tight affair, so pencil it in for 4-4.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 27, 2017, 08:18:21 PM »

Little bit pedestrian last night, certainly not the flowing champagne football we've been watching so far, but ultimately 3 points and another clean sheet so can't really grumble.

Fair play to Shaktar, they are no mugs and gave us a decent game. When half your team is Brazilian, you're likely to have a few tricky players Smiley Opening goal came at a good time, and undoubtedly after a few stern half time words from Pep, and that took the wind out of their sails. Was fairly routine stuff after that, but 1-0 is never a safe margin.

Aguero's penalty kinda summed up his game I think. The forwards never looked particularly at the races. Jesus was mostly anonymous too. Sane always looked a threat but his final ball or decision needs some tinkering.

Sterling and Bernardo both looked sharp when they came on, and fantastic to see Gundogan back so soon for a little cameo. With Mendy out for what appears to be months instead of weeks, expect to see more of Delph at left back....who says Pep isn't a genius? Wink

Chelsea on Saturday, expecting a more subdued, tight affair, so pencil it in for 4-4.

United currently 3-0 up away to CSKA Moscow in under 30 minutes.

Can we assume you are watching, suitably awestruck?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 27, 2017, 08:50:59 PM »

Like I can afford BT Sports.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 27, 2017, 09:04:43 PM »

Like I can afford BT Sports.

I'll keep you updated then. An hour gone, 4-0 now.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 27, 2017, 09:09:59 PM »

I enjoyed it, made a nice  change from the Harlem Globetrotters,  and thought Shaktar were very good in the 1st half before we took over after the break.

Impressed with Delph, some performance that, and the stability of the back generally - Fernandinho, Stones, Ederson. Walker given a torrid time in the 1st half but he kept going as well.

Watching Chelsea at the moment. Shame Hazard is back. I'll have a chirp if we win there...

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: