blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:52:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 401763 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: December 13, 2017, 09:50:14 AM »

Pep Guardiola says he is using the same style he employed at Barcelona to achieve Premier League success with Manchester City. We look at how his teams compare - including their similar possession stats: http://skysports.tv/UYXa9E

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: December 13, 2017, 08:23:27 PM »

Since I swopped David Silva for Sterling in my FPL team the former has immediately scored three games in a row with the latter drawing blanks.

Serious bokking skillz.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 13, 2017, 08:55:21 PM »

Since I swopped David Silva for Sterling in my FPL team the former has immediately scored three games in a row with the latter drawing blanks.

Serious bokking skillz.

At least Sterling assisted the 3rd.....scored by Silva Wink

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 13, 2017, 10:28:23 PM »

Pep Guardiola says he is using the same style he employed at Barcelona to achieve Premier League success with Manchester City. We look at how his teams compare - including their similar possession stats: http://skysports.tv/UYXa9E

Click to see full-size image.

Nice link.

The bald fraud doing well Smiley
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 14, 2017, 04:18:28 PM »

Well that was a 382 Mile round trip but we'll take the result and an amazing performance by David Silva, he has to be simply the best. We even made Ian cheeseman's Vlog. Leicester away so a nice 6 mile round trip next Wednesday.
Ctid.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 14, 2017, 08:07:24 PM »

Well that was a 382 Mile round trip but we'll take the result and an amazing performance by David Silva, he has to be simply the best. We even made Ian cheeseman's Vlog. Leicester away so a nice 6 mile round trip next Wednesday.
Ctid.

Ha I saw that vlog earlier - nice one Smiley
Liked Jonathan Pierce on it as well in super gush mode.

Agree that David Silva fella is quite good  Wink

Can't get my head round 15 league wins on the bounce. Surreal.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: December 14, 2017, 08:47:19 PM »

Think spurs will give us a game on Saturday Archer but hey it's City so expect the unexpected. Ctid

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: December 14, 2017, 09:16:15 PM »

Only seen extended highlights from last night, but it once again looked like one way traffic (and the game stats suggest this heavily too).

Very smart stop from Ederson towards the end from that deflected shot, good to see the team equally determined to keep a clean sheet as much as netting at the other end. He looks an absolute snip and literally the dream keeper for Pep.

People love to crow about the money spent, but just look at what Pep has done with Stones, Sterling, Delph, Fernandinho, Otamendi, even D.Silva and KDB. He's getting an extra level or 2 out of the already good to excellent players we had at the club. We are very lucky indeed to have a manager like him.

Onwards to Saturday and the Harry Kane team, probably one of the trickier games on our schedule and not a team we have a great recent track record against. Hoping for 16 and a few more goals too.

Best Bitter.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 14, 2017, 11:49:11 PM »

Indeed.  Pep does seem to get the best out of players.  Everyone seems happy and knows their role and of course great to watch.  Would never happen but would be fascinating to see what pep could do with a mid table team with a couple of key purchases.  He has skills that are simply out of grasp for someone like Mourinho.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: December 15, 2017, 12:12:49 AM »

Indeed.  Pep does seem to get the best out of players.  Everyone seems happy and knows their role and of course great to watch.  Would never happen but would be fascinating to see what pep could do with a mid table team with a couple of key purchases.  He has skills that are simply out of grasp for someone like Mourinho.

I'd also be interested to see what Pep could do with Arsenal.

Best Bitter.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1735 on: December 15, 2017, 09:36:28 AM »

I'd also be interested to see what Pep could do with Arsenal.

Cheesy

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: December 15, 2017, 09:41:54 AM »

Man City's 15 league wins in a row: the best run in ANY division in English league football since 1888. Now closing in on the records in Europe's 'Big' leagues, all-time, two of those also held by Pep Guardiola.

Interesting though that all of the records are from this century. A sign of the importance of financial power.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 15, 2017, 09:46:17 AM »

Why David Silva is tactically Man City's most important player

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/14/makes-david-silva-manchester-citys-important-player/

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: December 15, 2017, 10:34:21 AM »

For those unfamiliar with Manchester City, here's a brief history.

Formed in 2008.

That's essentially it. As good as they are it's hard to really be bothered by them.

I thought some of you may enjoy this mischievous bump from all those years ago. In 2015.

The author of the jibe supports........ Newcastle United.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:48:49 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: December 15, 2017, 11:07:59 AM »

Anoth bump and one of my favourite posts on this thread:

I find it all quite weird really. He's been at Barca and Bayern, I still could never see him at Man City because in my eyes Man City are still a nothing club, compared to the real giants of Europe. The Bayern's, Barca's, Madrid's, Arsenal & co. It's obviously just a money thing, which I never thought he was.

Disappointing on MP though. He looks to me a really good fit for United, but obviously that would never happen with his links to the blue half of the City.

I miss Aaron Smiley

Prompted by this Guardian long read (very long read)  Manchester City's plan for global domination: www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/15/manchester-city-football-group-ferran-soriano    

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 11:10:07 AM by Archer » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: