blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:33:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Fairway Wedge - New golf tips site
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fairway Wedge - New golf tips site  (Read 24662 times)
Jables20

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2015, 10:59:20 PM »

Nice to find that first winner! The first of two previews and selections for the week have been posted:

Hero World Challenge
http://fairwaywedge.com/2015/11/30/hero-world-challenge/

To get an email notification when our previews get released please use the sign up from on the homepage.

Best of luck and have fun if you are following us in. Cheers
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2015, 11:05:33 PM »

Do you think that 1/5 odds 1-2-3-4 in the HeroWC is worth betting EW?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2015, 11:22:33 PM »

That's a good question and one which I considered prior to the recommends. From a pure maths perspective, the 1/5 probably makes it -ev, however I think there are at least 7 of the field we can discount due to form, injury or a game that won't translate imo - Walker, Horschel, Lahiri, Haas, Kirk, Kuchar, Holmes. I also think Spieth is gettable as the favourite as I'm not convinced he's in peak form, as he was this time last year. If he was, he wins the recent Aussie Open at a canter.

In the end I felt that getting four places with in what I've made an 11 runner field made taking the 1/5 acceptable.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Jables20

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2015, 11:06:35 AM »

The second of our two previews is now up on the site.

Nedbank Golf Challenge
http://fairwaywedge.com/2015/12/01/nedbank-golf-challenge/

This is our last preview for 2015. Good luck and happy punting till the next year.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 12:09:03 PM »

That's a good question and one which I considered prior to the recommends. From a pure maths perspective, the 1/5 probably makes it -ev, however I think there are at least 7 of the field we can discount due to form, injury or a game that won't translate imo - Walker, Horschel, Lahiri, Haas, Kirk, Kuchar, Holmes. I also think Spieth is gettable as the favourite as I'm not convinced he's in peak form, as he was this time last year. If he was, he wins the recent Aussie Open at a canter.

In the end I felt that getting four places with in what I've made an 11 runner field made taking the 1/5 acceptable.

Think there are better odds in the place only markets than the EW terms with some players in this tournament, so win/place might be a better route if you think that the book mistake is to offer 4 places.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 12:14:57 PM »

Think there are better odds in the place only markets than the EW terms with some players in this tournament, so win/place might be a better route if you think that the book mistake is to offer 4 places.

This.  Would be amazed if many players are better value ew at 1/5 1234 than seperate win and place markets in an 18 runner event.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 12:27:14 PM »

Cheers guys, appreciate the feedback and it's an intersting discussion and learning opportunity. At this point, the place market on BF is really thin and the bookies place only market is inline with the win price at 1/5. It's something i'll definitely keep in mind though.

@fairwaywedge
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2015, 12:30:33 PM »

Cheers guys, appreciate the feedback and it's an intersting discussion and learning opportunity. At this point, the place market on BF is really thin and the bookies place only market is inline with the win price at 1/5. It's something i'll definitely keep in mind though.

I am just going on horse races when on course layers go 1/5 1234 in an 18 runner hcap which this golf event effectively is.  There is rarely any value betting 1/5 1234.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2015, 10:54:18 PM »

Nice to finish 2015 with a 1-2 in the year's final tournament. Reasonably sweat free Sunday with Bubba coasting along.

We've got a few bits and pieces planned for the new year, including a free to enter competition with a cash prize, so please follow us on Twitter (@fairwaywedge) as we'll be sending a few tweets about that soon.

Cheers.

@fairwaywedge
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2015, 11:41:33 PM »

Well done guys, superb stuff.

Not on myself, unfortunately...

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2015, 08:16:13 AM »

Nice to finish 2015 with a 1-2 in the year's final tournament. Reasonably sweat free Sunday with Bubba coasting along.

We've got a few bits and pieces planned for the new year, including a free to enter competition with a cash prize, so please follow us on Twitter (@fairwaywedge) as we'll be sending a few tweets about that soon.

Cheers.

Excellent work, well done.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2016, 10:15:58 AM »

Happy New Year everyone!

With the golf tours resuming in the next 7 days, we have a launched a completely free to enter, season long competition with £100 up for grabs. The rules are really simple, entry requires hardly any effort and the rules can be found at the following link:

http://fairwaywedge.com/2015/12/31/one-done-2016/

If you've any questions, pop them in here and we'll answer as soon as poss. Best of luck and thanks for the support.

@fairwaywedge
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2016, 10:48:50 PM »

Our preview for this week's Hyundai Tournament of Champions is up now:

http://fairwaywedge.com/2016/01/04/hyundai-tournament-of-champions/

We'll have our South African Open preview up tomorrow too.

Don't forget to enter our free competition with £100 up for grabs. Invite your friends, sidebets encouraged. Starts Thursday!

@fairwaywedge
Jables20

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2016, 10:59:49 PM »

Our thoughts and betting tips for the Sony Open this week

http://fairwaywedge.com/2016/01/11/sony-open/

Best of luck if you follow us in!
Jables20

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2016, 12:43:49 PM »

Our write up for the Joburg Open just went up:

http://fairwaywedge.com/2016/01/13/joburg-open/

Also, there is still time to enter our free competition with £100 up for grabs. You'll be a week behind the pack but life is full of these little challenges.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: