blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:43:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338827 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: October 19, 2016, 10:29:23 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 19, 2016, 10:29:49 AM »

My eyes are open wide
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1217 on: October 19, 2016, 10:33:46 AM »

so this happened

the home team is fined, even though its the way fans flaring.....

how they got them in when everyone is patted down before going in, don't know

I'm sure no bottles with lids on got sneaked in though!

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 19, 2016, 10:35:28 AM »

So, how was your evening, Tighty? (The football part).

Good atmo? Fair result?

Is it true that EUFA insisted you play at "Leicester City Stadium", not King Power?

The rumours suggest the players all had a heart to heart on Sunday, any truth in that, & was it evident last night?

Palace next up, at home. No easy games, eh?

UEFA have a series of rules, pages of them

not allowed to display "King Power" anywhere so all the stadium signage needs to be changed, inside and out for each European game

not allowed to wear black armbands (death of king of Thailand)

etc etc

Schmeichel said the players called a squad meeting yes

The game itself, Copenhagen were stubborn opponents and we aren't really in great form but it was a steady enough performance

Obviously a very weak group, but only one win away from winning it

What do Arsenal do in home CL games then - it's surely impossible to hide the Emirates branding?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1219 on: October 20, 2016, 11:06:11 AM »

Good atmo? Fair result?

Is it true that EUFA insisted you play at "Leicester City Stadium", not King Power?

The rumours suggest the players all had a heart to heart on Sunday, any truth in that, & was it evident last night?

not allowed to display "King Power" anywhere so all the stadium signage needs to be changed, inside and out for each European game

etc etc

The game itself, Copenhagen were stubborn opponents and we aren't really in great form but it was a steady enough performance

What do Arsenal do in home CL games then - it's surely impossible to hide the Emirates branding?

I guess it's because King Power "compete" with Gazprom, or some other sponsor? Maybe there is no official Champions League airline?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 20, 2016, 11:35:53 AM »

Good atmo? Fair result?

etc etc

I guess it's because King Power "compete" with Gazprom, or some other sponsor? Maybe there is no official Champions League airline?

King Power is a duty free company, but i get your point, it could well be competing with a UEFA sponsor

My eyes are open wide
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 21, 2016, 12:49:58 AM »

so this happened

Charges dropped.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 21, 2016, 01:39:28 AM »

so this happened

Charges dropped.

While you're there, what happened on that fine Celtic got for fans waving Palestinian flags when they played an Israeli side? I think the fans raised more than the cost of the fine and sent it to Palestinian charities?
I think the reason you got fined was the 'political nature' of the event?
Well didn't Barca have lots of Catalan flags at the City game (and presumably at lots of games)? Catalan independence is a hot political potatoe in Spain. Were they fined?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 21, 2016, 11:32:24 AM »

so this happened

Charges dropped.

While you're there, what happened on that fine Celtic got for fans waving Palestinian flags when they played an Israeli side? I think the fans raised more than the cost of the fine and sent it to Palestinian charities?
Well didn't Barca have lots of Catalan flags at the City game (and presumably at lots of games)? Catalan independence is a hot political potatoe in Spain. Were they fined?

Don't think Barca were charged or fined. Not 100% sure though.

Celtic were fined around 10k, and the fans raised over 100k last I saw. It's not really something I get too involved in, so sorry if the answers are a bit vague. Moenchengladbech were lighting flares at Celtic on Wednesday night, be interesting to see what happens there.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 21, 2016, 11:35:53 AM »

so this happened

Charges dropped.

Don't think Barca were charged or fined. Not 100% sure though.

Celtic were fined around 10k, and the fans raised over 100k last I saw. It's not really something I get too involved in, so sorry if the answers are a bit vague. Moenchengladbech were lighting flares at Celtic on Wednesday night, be interesting to see what happens there.

Think he was hoping for a reply from a real Celtic fan, someone like Rod Paradise.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 21, 2016, 07:01:32 PM »

In the end UEFA bottle it and fined Celtic 10k euro.  That will teach us not to show solidarity with oppressed people. 

In the end over £170k was raised for 2 Palestinian Charities was raised.  Things are ongoing, I am expecting deliver of badges soon in the form of "Fans Against Apartheid" which will be added to the funds raised on the Go Fund Me page,  there has also been a production of t-shirts and polo shirts. 

13th October update - Final 24 hours for donations

I'd like to apologise for taking so long to provide an update, things have been moving along at a hectic pace since this page was launched.

In the end, Celtic FC were fined €10,000 (£8,619) by UEFA, a smaller amount than 2 years ago for the same offence. The cynic in me suggests that the publicity of this campaign played a large part in that. What started out as a fan led initiative in exposing the hypocrisy of UEFA's "no politics in football" mantra quickly spiralled into a viral, worldwide campaign which as of this morning has raised £173 495 to be split between two charities who provide crucial services to the Palestinian people.

I would like to thank everyone who has shared this page all over social media, to those who have donated no matter what the amount, public figures who have donated prizes to the campaign to raise funds and who have brought it worldwide audiences like Pink Floyds Roger Waters.

Donations will officially cease at 11pm on Friday the 14th of October(UK time) so you have a little over 24 hours to get the word out and bring in more donations.

In regards to the handover of the money, after discussing with all parties, MAP will be withdrawing all the funds (minus GFM fees) directly from the account and will distribute an equal half to Lajee.

As mentioned in my previous update representatives of Lajee have applied for Visa's to come to Glasgow to formally accept the money with a cheque handover. As with most Palestinians visas are extremely hard to obtain and we are working to resolve this as soon as possible. We are looking to organise a small ceremony outside Celtic Park before a home game in the next month or so where both MAP and Lajee will be presented with cheques outside of the stadium. Once we have final details they will be posted on this page and all relevant social media platforms and hope you will join us in celebrating this great campaign.

For now, let’s get #matchthefineforpalestine trending again and bring in as much as we can over the next 24 hours!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 23, 2016, 12:30:05 PM »

Yesterday was a bit more like it

Interesting team rotation that saw Vardy and Albrighton on the bench

Musa out wide and Okazaki behind Slimani

He might have stumbled on something here because Okazaki played deeper than either wide player so effectively the formation was 4-2-3-1 and it really helped

Drinkwater and King completely dominated midfield (Ledley sitting behind Cabaye and McArthur) despite theoretically being a man short because Okazaki was often in there to help

Now the trick will be to do it away from home, and produce some points there to go along with the excellent home form that has seen us a year unbeaten/23 matches at home

Tottenham away next week, so another big test, followed by Copenhagen away the midweek after.

With rotation now to the fore, it will be interesting to see who plays where

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 23, 2016, 01:01:33 PM »

Been very impressed with this Slimani chap. Given you an extra dimension, imo.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 27, 2016, 03:03:24 PM »

this is an excellent read, in a US column

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/christian-fuchs-live-from-leicester-fuching-city/

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 31, 2016, 01:15:54 PM »

an encouraging draw at Spurs

finally playing with more stucture and solidity, coinciding with Okazaki playing support striker and dropping back to help in midfield without the ball

comedy penalty decision against us, but Huth and co aren't going to get many benefits of the doubt of course so understandable enough

Off to Copenhagen Wednesday morning. Slightly more expensive than when booked!

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: