blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:02:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338603 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: December 24, 2017, 11:22:42 AM »

what a buy this man has been

Click to see full-size image.

it looks all wrong aesthetically but he has got it all (almost all). good defensively, a threat up top and not just from setpeices and he strides out of defence like some modern day Beckenbauer with a great range of passing

£17m very well spent

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: December 24, 2017, 12:45:56 PM »

Jamie Vardy up to 21 goals in 40 Premier League appearances against traditional 'Big Six' since start of 14/15 season.
not bad considering some idiots think he is "shit". big game player and a great finisher

Always gonna be more of a threat against teams who have a go and leave space at the back as apposed to those who put 10 men behind the ball.

Yeah basically this. Vardy suits playing against a 'top 6' side, all that space to exploit in behind. I'm not sure that makes him a big game player? Surely you want him scoring vs the likes of Stoke/WBA/Everton/Watford etc just as much as against the league leading teams? Whereas someone like Lukaku, you'd want him netting against your direct rivals, which he is unable to do.

Don't think there is any need to call people ''idiots'' though. I don't like Vardy for obvious reasons but I think he's making the absolute most of his somewhat limited ability so fair play to him. Some people might think he's crap, more people might think he's God. Having a potentially unpopular football opinion doesn't make someone an idiot.

Anyway, glad you nicked a point yesterday. We don't need a leg up at the moment but it's always fun to see Salford implode in the 95th minute Smiley

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: December 24, 2017, 02:57:47 PM »

I said Shite not shit. Great result for us yesterday but did Sir Vardy do much after he scored? It's about doing it regular week in week out against any team which makes you a great player. But when you have only Lindelof and Jones to break down would have thought Leicester would have been laughing at that partnership pre ko.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: December 24, 2017, 04:08:06 PM »

Please.

He has 50 Pl goals in around 100 games. 21 in 40 v top 6 and 29 in 60 v rest of the division

Shite or shit, both are completely wrong and extremely annoying to have to read. He might be overrated or underrated but he's a consistently good PL striker, that is unarguable no matter your ridiculous bias

My eyes are open wide
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: December 24, 2017, 04:18:31 PM »

So his goal record is good but that's not what I was on about. His all round contribution is not the best but you pay him a wage to score and that's what he does but not on a regular basis. 8 goals 1 assist I believe.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: December 24, 2017, 04:30:53 PM »

Vardy and Mahrez will destroy Watford on Boxing Day with our current issues in defence.  1-4 my prediction.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: December 24, 2017, 04:32:10 PM »

Lacazette 8 goals and 2 assists 1281 mins played
Firminio 7 goals and 4 assists 1340 mins played
Morarta 9 goals 4 assists 1189 mins played
Gabriel Jesus 8 goals 2 assists 914 mins played
Sane 6 goals 8 assists 1184 mins played
Martial 6 goals 3 assists 815 mind played
Vardy 8 goals 1 assist 1660 mins played.

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: December 24, 2017, 04:33:45 PM »

Oh Sergio 12 goals 4 assists 1104 minutes played

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: December 24, 2017, 04:38:25 PM »

Merry Xmas to all footy fans on blonde, ctid .

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: December 24, 2017, 04:46:29 PM »

So his goal record is good but that's not what I was on about. His all round contribution is not the best but you pay him a wage to score and that's what he does but not on a regular basis. 8 goals 1 assist I believe.

Please, stop. It's tilting and I am normally untiltable :-)

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: December 24, 2017, 04:56:22 PM »

I wish Stoke had a 50 in 100 striker who added nothing else at all and had zero all round contribution! haha  Leicester really looking good the last few weeks.  Must be happy Tighty with the manager change?  He really seems to be have you playing to your strengths again.  You look good things to me to finish 7th which will be a great achievement given the manager upheavel over the past year or so.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 05:01:22 PM by arbboy » Logged
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: December 24, 2017, 04:56:50 PM »

Yeah not a lover of stats. Merry Xmas

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: December 24, 2017, 05:02:23 PM »

I wish Stoke had a 50 in 100 striker who added nothing else at all and had zero all round contribution! haha  Leicester really looking good the last few weeks.  Must be happy Tighty with the manager change.  He really seems to be have you playing to your strengths again.  You look good things to me to finish 7th which will be a great achievement given the manager upheavel over the past year or so.

The interesting thing is he is in the early stages of melding on a more possession based style to give us another string to our bow than the counter

Yesterday we were at 50pc and in most games under Puel we are 15-20pc above the 30-35pc we are used to

Don't quite have the personnel to do it yet but the plan is to be able to break down teams where required rather than soak it up and counter

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: December 24, 2017, 05:17:02 PM »

I wish Stoke had a 50 in 100 striker who added nothing else at all and had zero all round contribution! haha  Leicester really looking good the last few weeks.  Must be happy Tighty with the manager change.  He really seems to be have you playing to your strengths again.  You look good things to me to finish 7th which will be a great achievement given the manager upheavel over the past year or so.

The interesting thing is he is in the early stages of melding on a more possession based style to give us another string to our bow than the counter

Yesterday we were at 50pc and in most games under Puel we are 15-20pc above the 30-35pc we are used to

Don't quite have the personnel to do it yet but the plan is to be able to break down teams where required rather than soak it up and counter

Pretty frustrating that Stoke haven't got to the level Leicester have in the development of their strategy.  Stoke just seem to be drifting aimlessly whilst clubs we should be competing with seem to be moving forwards at a greater rate of knots taking the short term variance of results and the league table out of the discussion. 
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: December 24, 2017, 06:26:46 PM »

I like stats and I also I hugely rate  Vardy as a player. Liking him, especially when he is playing against us, is another matter.

Why jamie vardy is so much more than a goalscorer for Leicester City
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamie-vardy-leicester-manchester-united-973256
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: