blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:13:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2016
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2016  (Read 166519 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: July 14, 2016, 10:47:41 PM »

The guy has the 2nd nuts.  Just because he has quads doesn't mean he can't fold them right depending on the action. 

Most important question though was he right to fold?

It's a live read situation, so we are never going to know that one. Sadly. Stats would help on bet sizes.

I am sure we all have stories of having made hero folds where it's gone well and where it certainly hasn't.

The real question for me is, if you were the pot winner, would you show:

1) if you had 
2) if you had 
3) if you had 
4) if you had   Two Diamonds

Option in the first case just to show one card, too, of course.

I think we can say it was bad.  Even if he just does this with kings and a straight flush, the odds say we must call.  I thibk he overthought it.  It is pretty hard to get a read between kings full and a straight flush.   

Fella has been playing too much omaha.

What if the action pre meant the bloke could never have KK?! Maybe this dude called last in from the big blind in a 4 way pot or something.

Insane to make a judgement on the hand without no1 WAY more info lol.

It is just significantly more likely to be a bad fold than a good one.  I don't have sick live reads like you and Deadman though.  I don't even think just calling in the big blind with kings is impossible.  Some people just like to get tricky pre and go nuts post. 

Guess we'll never know though.

Maybe it has just been badly misreported and that explains tge deletions.  Maybe he just had the one 7, and then made a much more sensible fold?  Who knows?

Well it wasn't misreported, here is the thought process.  FWIW the 2plus2 thread is still there

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/20619-poker-pro-folds-quads-to-all-in-bet-in-main-event

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: July 14, 2016, 10:49:01 PM »

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/update/1UMH/neil-channing-doubles-through-stephen-chidwick-chidwick-eliminated-shortly-after/

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 14, 2016, 11:05:26 PM »

Vinson 9/1847 at the break

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 14, 2016, 11:11:44 PM »

Vinson 9/1847 at the break

Would love to see Ben have a massive touch,  no one loves punting and gambling more than him.  He is a proper gambler even though he is just about still a kid.  He has it in his blood, he isn't s spreadsheet bot type.   Good luck son. 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 14, 2016, 11:15:54 PM »

Middy New chip leader 993,000

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 14, 2016, 11:26:40 PM »

Top photographage, tikay.

Particularly enjoyed the one of Miss B being the cheery one next to three miserable blokes. Cheers up fellas. You're playing for $8,000,000.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 14, 2016, 11:47:36 PM »

Particularly enjoyed the one of Miss B being the cheery one next to three miserable blokes. Cheers up fellas. You're playing for $8,000,000.

I've made Day 3 three times, once I had bucket loads of chips - think I had second chip leader on my table covered by about 4:1. I had the smile the size of a watermelon all day. Most fun ever.

The other two times I've had less than 50% of chip average on tables with loads of chips, although playable due to the incredible structure meant I felt like I walking on broken glass all day. Truly horrible experience.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 14, 2016, 11:57:09 PM »

I've made Day 3 three times, once I had bucket loads of chips - think I had second chip leader on my table covered by about 4:1. I had the smile the size of a watermelon all day. Most fun ever.

The other two times I've had less than 50% of chip average on tables with loads of chips, although playable due to the incredible structure meant I felt like I walking on broken glass all day. Truly horrible experience.

I think I'm just used to having fewer chips than people around me. I fear my days of cold 5 betting with air are behind me.

Poker is fun. Frustrating at times and it's tough to watch everyone else splashing about and passing chips around while you're concentrating on 3bet ranges. But still fun.

Moreover, if you're in Vegas and you aren't enjoying yourself, you're doing it wrong.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 15, 2016, 12:02:13 AM »

I think I'm just used to having fewer chips than people around me. I fear my days of cold 5 betting with air are behind me.

Poker is fun. Frustrating at times and it's tough to watch everyone else splashing about and passing chips around while you're concentrating on 3bet ranges. But still fun.

Moreover, if you're in Vegas and you aren't enjoying yourself, you're doing it wrong.

Different when poker is your income, like it was for Keith in those two years I imagine, min cash in the main probably worth amonths wages at least ten years ago.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 15, 2016, 12:52:25 AM »

Meh, can't be arsed as much with poker these days, craps ftw! Although never played the main event and would enjoy that if the chance came up....
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 15, 2016, 08:33:11 AM »

Electric atmosphere in the Main Event as the bubble approaches.

Spectators are 3 deep on the rail.

At this point, there were 1,015 left.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 15, 2016, 09:18:30 AM »

No need for hand for hand play, Adam Furgatch is the bubble boy, winning a 2017 WSOP Main Event seat. Everyone remaining is guaranteed $15k

i will put up a list of UK Cashers as soon as the lists come through

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 15, 2016, 09:20:20 AM »

Mitch Johnson ‏@Mitch_Johnson8

In the money. Got a load of sympathy fist pumps for grinding a bowl for so long. Feel like a pigeon. Now let's spin! #WSOPMainEvent

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 15, 2016, 09:34:07 AM »

The guy has the 2nd nuts.  Just because he has quads doesn't mean he can't fold them right depending on the action. 

Most important question though was he right to fold?

It's a live read situation, so we are never going to know that one. Sadly. Stats would help on bet sizes.

I am sure we all have stories of having made hero folds where it's gone well and where it certainly hasn't.

The real question for me is, if you were the pot winner, would you show:

1) if you had 
2) if you had 
3) if you had 
4) if you had   Two Diamonds

Option in the first case just to show one card, too, of course.

I think we can say it was bad.  Even if he just does this with kings and a straight flush, the odds say we must call.  I thibk he overthought it.  It is pretty hard to get a read between kings full and a straight flush.   

Fella has been playing too much omaha.

What if the action pre meant the bloke could never have KK?! Maybe this dude called last in from the big blind in a 4 way pot or something.

Insane to make a judgement on the hand without no1 WAY more info lol.

It is just significantly more likely to be a bad fold than a good one.  I don't have sick live reads like you and Deadman though.  I don't even think just calling in the big blind with kings is impossible.  Some people just like to get tricky pre and go nuts post. 

Guess we'll never know though.

Maybe it has just been badly misreported and that explains tge deletions.  Maybe he just had the one 7, and then made a much more sensible fold?  Who knows?

Well it wasn't misreported, here is the thought process.  FWIW the 2plus2 thread is still there

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/20619-poker-pro-folds-quads-to-all-in-bet-in-main-event

There is another angle to this little tale.

Imagine if he dwelled for 8 minutes, as he reportedly did, then CALLED with his quads.

Might just have been described as the worst slow roll ever.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 15, 2016, 09:36:30 AM »

top counts after the bubble burst

3 UK players in the top 20

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 60 Go Up Print